Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter) (Read 115379 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Blues V Tigers (Pre-Game Patter)

Reply #150
Trying to get some tickets but no luck.  There are still categories that say limit3d availability but I cant get past the first page. Anyone else struggling or got tix already?
My Wife struggled this Morning getting onto the website via the laptop to buy tickets..on a whim went via the mobile phone and Bang. Got in and 2 tickets bought for Sunday. Happy Man.

Yeah tried that too mate. Its bugging me cos it says there ate tix left but wont let me buy any!

Reply #151
Do we play with the flair that got us into the final or go the boundary... Will be interesting to see.

We play our best Football when we're 5 goals down....

Lets give Richmond a 5 goal head start so we can attack from the 1st bounce  8)
[/quote]Lets stress test our hearts again, I say rope-a-dope like PA. Give em a start, make em run em selves ragged, then we start throwin haymakers and come over the top...said no one ever!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #152
They bring their best and we also bring our best... we win.

Not sure about that, the only side in the top 6 weve beaten is Richmond and along with their inexperience is why I reckon we're a shot.

Do we play with the flair that got us into the final or go the boundary... Will be interesting to see.
Ive watched the last qtr replay a few times, , I dont reckon we so much stopped going along the boundary, PA seemed to clog the boundary line area daring us to go thru the guts. We reacted well, took it on and pantsed them.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #153
Just a reminder.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #154
So whereabouts have people gotten their seats for the game (as in bay number)? Reason I ask is that I've got a couple of mates thinking of getting some eBay tickets, but don't wanna be purchasing seats right in the middle of a Richmond bay stronghold, so if I can gauge where Carlton members have been allocated seats, it'll help me be able to pinpoint a bay where there's at least a few Carlton supporters for them to be sitting near.....thanks people!!!
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #155
So whereabouts have people gotten their seats for the game (as in bay number)? Reason I ask is that I've got a couple of mates thinking of getting some eBay tickets, but don't wanna be purchasing seats right in the middle of a Richmond bay stronghold, so if I can gauge where Carlton members have been allocated seats, it'll help me be able to pinpoint a bay where there's at least a few Carlton supporters for them to be sitting near.....thanks people!!!
Brettie when you go online, they ask where you want them, you put Carlton Members Area. Having said that, its a shambles of a system. More categories that are necessary, intermingled between levels, stands, covered/not covered etc.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #156

Not sure about that, the only side in the top 6 weve beaten is Richmond and along with their inexperience is why I reckon we're a shot.

Ive watched the last qtr replay a few times, , I dont reckon we so much stopped going along the boundary, PA seemed to clog the boundary line area daring us to go thru the guts. We reacted well, took it on and pantsed them.

Agree, and I reckon we won the ball from PA a few times as they attempted to go via the corridor, so we then went back the other way thru by default.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #157

Carlton Cheer Squad are sitting in M33 (ground level Ponsford Stand) if that helps!

Reply #158
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #159

Carlton Cheer Squad are sitting in M33 (ground level Ponsford Stand) if that helps!

That does help actually....I was assuming that Richmond would get the Punt Road, but always nice to be sure. I remember for the Essendon elimination final, almost the entire bottom deck of the Ponsford Stand was a sea of navy blue & white.

Reply #160
Brettie when you go online, they ask where you want them, you put Carlton Members Area. Having said that, its a shambles of a system. More categories that are necessary, intermingled between levels, stands, covered/not covered etc.

Thanks for that Goin, but just checked & there's no longer any option for Club Members, general public only & it's pretty much sold out.

Reply #161

Seemed to be in the same sorts of areas that our home game members allocation get.

Reply #162

We play our best Football when we're 5 goals down....

Lets give Richmond a 5 goal head start so we can attack from the 1st bounce  8)
Lets stress test our hearts again, I say rope-a-dope like PA. Give em a start, make em run em selves ragged, then we start throwin haymakers and come over the top...said no one ever!
[/quote]

Reckon there's something in this... While I'm not suggesting we actually sit back and wait till we're 5 goals down before we get our A into G, its clear that something clicks when ever that scenario exists. I'm sure part of it is between the ears, but there's got to be something more tangible to it. What else happens when we are behind?, is it purely an instructional thing or is it a reshuffling of personnel to different positions that causes the route to change from boundary hugging to corridor?. I usually get to emotionally caught up in the game to notice the effect of personnel positional reshuffling, but on sat couldn't help but noticing Yazz's positional change to midfield brought with it a natural tendency to attack through corridor.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #163

Regardless, it's been the stubborn refusal to go inside that has cost us in the past when this tactic is employed. Go back to the third quarter, that's when we start switching it through the middle.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #164

Apparently more tickets will be made available on Thursday from unused club allocations. Yesterday 12,000 Carlton members purchased tickets compared to 26,000 Richmond fans. They will outnumber us 2-1 on Sunday.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!