Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 433800 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #570
No, refuse to do it under any circumstances
Why
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #571
Census information, tracking of online activity, release (intended or otherwise) of health records, hold over all travel information, CC transactions, phone numbers ....

This intrusion is one step too far.  Regardless of the government in power.  Cede them nothing

Reply #572
Census information, tracking of online activity, release (intended or otherwise) of health records, hold over all travel information, CC transactions, phone numbers ....

This intrusion is one step too far.  Regardless of the government in power.  Cede them nothing

Agree.

Even IF the government is 100% above board with their end (however unlikely that might be) the chance of hackers doing their thing should be enough to scare you off.

For the record, the app (supposedly) doesn't actually track where you are. It does NOT know your location (or at least that part is not working at present if it is supposed to) it just tracks who you have been in contact with.
So if someone you have been in contact with get the virus, theoretically the system can send a message to everyone that person has had contact with.....and send every person THOSE people have been in contact with a message too, etc.

Not a bad idea in theory, but you are opening yourself up to all sorts of pain and potentially giving up a lot of information (directly or indirectly) in the process.

Reply #573
They have all our information, you are naive to think they dont. You have a TFN dont you? You pay tax right? You have a medicare card right? We all surf the net, bank online, all this is out there.
As far as Government using your information for the good of the community, If you have nothing to hide you shouldn't have anything to worry about IMO.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #574
GTC.  Are you talking to Kruddler or to me?  I reckon I've made my point.  Not going to change it.

BUT I will add this.  How many people never get to scrutinise documents before they're shredded by state governments after they're kicked out of power?  Truckloads full of the bins on the Sunday / Monday after the election that THEY kept from us.  Why would anyone of us enable that level of secrecy without some questions to them regarding why they "demand" the opposite from us?

Reply #575
Yes - they have all our information, and a lot of other 'people' do too and no doubt if anyone wanted my information, they probably have it.  The 'if you've got nothing to hide it doesn't matter' (which I sort of agree with) erodes our privacy and personal information.

What apps like this do is extend what should be private into the norm.   Once restrictions are eased, how long are they going to keep it active?  What happens when the next issue comes along?  Is the app really deleted once this is over.  How easy is it for others to Phish/scam from doing this (one already exposed)?  What is the next level of 'tracking' going to be?  How does this spill over into the private market?

It is one of the biggest ethical issues of our time - just because we can, does it mean we should?

Reply #576
To me, I think it's about being clever with tech and use every means possible to ultimately save lives. We, as a community, are obliged to assist to fight this thing without being suspicious of government at every corner. This isnt North Korea kids, or the US for that matter (thank fark). I completely understand the privacy thing, but if we don't use tech to fight diseases, criminal activity, pedophilia, violence towards woman and children and terrorism to name a few, we may as well pack up, shut down all the computers and go back to the caves. If tech saves my daughter from a rapist or a terrorist, or my mates Dad who passed away last week from Covid, then I say go your hardest.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #577
The "bracket creep" deterioration of our rights concerns me with this government.  Exactly when do things like this app get switched off/dialled back etc. It's national identity cards all over again,  by stealth.

BTW,  fancy China threatening boycotts.

I'm sure our community and the environment will greatly  appreciate not having millions of tons of rubbish consumer goods and plastic being dumped on us,  meanwhile they can chow down on Panda and Carp grown in sewerage farms, and babies can enjoy paint manufacturing waste being sold as milk powder.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #578
If this link between COVID-19 and childhood illness turns out to be real you can expect this lock-down situation to go to a whole new level!

What will the likes of Andrew Bolt and Alan Jones say if their grandchildren are at risk?

When us old farts were dying, a lot of the extremist left and right wing media said tough luck for you, cheap home loans for us. If their kids are at risk they'll be shooting people who approach on sight!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #579
They have all our information, you are naive to think they dont. You have a TFN dont you? You pay tax right? You have a medicare card right? We all surf the net, bank online, all this is out there.
As far as Government using your information for the good of the community, If you have nothing to hide you shouldn't have anything to worry about IMO.

Yep. Google, Apple, Samsung, Facebook are all on another level to this covid app.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #580
Its the storage of the info that is the problem, mobiles are tracked anyway by the telco's...having info held offshore by Amazon doesnt thrill me, given the issues facebook have had and hacking cant be controlled.

Reply #581
The syndrome LP mentions has been noted in kids in the UK and is a very scary manifestation of the virus' effects.

I reckon states like NSW etc will be back in lock down with a fortnight given the stupidity already on display at the beaches etc.   Dan might not be popular but he understands that easing lock down is pointless if unidentified cases are still at large.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #583
https://www.smh.com.au/national/vaccine-optimism-is-misplaced-the-covid-19-breakthrough-will-come-elsewhere-20200503-p54pge.html#comments
Good article PaulP.

SARS-CoV-2 is here to stay, along with many many variants, it's highly unlikely science will find one vaccine to rule them all!

It's far more likely that they might get into gear with an Influenza like approach, and try to get ahead of the mutation curve using statistical analysis. The problem being it looks like SARS-CoV-2 vaccines have a very short effective window, just a few months, and next year it'll be a different strain, and the year after and the year after. Proclamations of it's demise are to say the least, a little premature!

I think the bigger worry will prove to be the long term effects on children. It's becoming clear as each week passes that despite not being as lethal in children it potentially has some significant long term effects, and the long health outcomes are unknown for children and infants exposed to SARS-CoV-2, and they won't be known for a generation or more!
The Force Awakens!