Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 1st Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne Post Game Prognostications (Read 27718 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 1st Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne Post Game Prognostications

Reply #90
We were pretty hard at them for most of the game and I think this pressure got to them. They were pretty snakey in the end - they expected to win and we just wouldn't let them.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #92
Still can't believe it - especially the noise its still ringing in my ear and it's delightful almost 24 hours after the game.

Dislocated shoulders, Broken collarbones, Broken Ribs, Blood noses No Problem.

Reply #94
Still can't believe it - especially the noise its still ringing in my ear and it's delightful almost 24 hours after the game.

Dislocated shoulders, Broken collarbones, Broken Ribs, Blood noses No Problem.
Old school footy..not pretty or high scoring but more of a war and when you win those games the satisfaction is immense...

Reply #96
F*** me.

Now THAT was a game of footy.

The mighty baggers army has really helped turn this team around. The support it gives the players unquantifiable.
It felt like a home game against gold coast. Our supporters can dwarf any opposition into insignificance with how loud we are.
The Acres goal at the end is the biggest roar you will hear in your life time of footy.

My 8yo son has only really started getting into footy this year (while we were $hite no less) and although it was cold and miserable and super late, i took him to the swans game last week because "Its finals, its different, you'll see". He agreed and was happy, but wasn't really interested in doing it all again this week. I put my foot down and said he was going again and that at least the weather would be good.
To borrow from Huddo...
"Who would've thought the sequel, would be just as good as the original"
He had the best time. I've never seen that amount of joy on his face when Acres took the mark kicked the goal....and when the siren went. The whole stand was jumping about as one, high fiving and hugging complete strangers. Tears of joy flowing, smiles that'd put the cheshire cat to shame. The adrenaline running through me was crazy. I was shaking. Heart bursting out of my chest. Surreal.

It didn't stop there though....
The crowd singing the song after siren was as loud as you'll ever here.
The crowd spontaneously singing the song walking down the stairs after the game
The crowd at the train station bursting into song
The carriage singing in unison again on the way home.
Walking home at midnight down the street dressed in our Carlton gear, random cars tooting away with Carlton scarves hanging out the window just like was common place in the 80's and 90's.

I said to him, this will be the best game/experience you will probably ever see in your life. Despite being after midnight and him being awake since 6am, he hopped, jumped, skipped and 'parkoured' his way home barely touching the ground. He is hooked.

The sleeping giant has been awoken and he is oh so hungry for some success.

Never been so proud of this club and its supporters.

Reply #97
first time post - walked this path many times over the years (first Blues memory 68 grand final)
as much as it sounds painful - there is an old saying a half fit so and so is better than a fully fit so and so.
l have seen this happen many times with all AFL clubs only to pay the consequences.
there are some banged up boys right now who will be going into next week game not fully fit - anyone had a broken nose or a dislocated shoulder (l can see Zorko lining up Patty Cripps nose) l don't think a jab will rectify .
should the board go completely left field and rest them and play a fully fit team -  or run the risk of a 60 point lose next week.
l don't know.  

Reply #98
Gutless Christian, really weak.  If you want to stop Pickett doing stupid things, then punish him appropriately.  One week?  F off you idiot.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #99
Gutless Christian, really weak.  If you want to stop Pickett doing stupid things, then punish him appropriately.  One week?  F off you idiot.
The colour of our jumper is the only reason. This really is a blight on the game. One person decides, who played for one club, is the policeman. The Roger Rogerson of the AFL.

Reply #100
Sparrow should have got 2-3 weeks for slamming Walsh head first into the boundary fence, the AFL want to protect the head but that must apply only when you are in play. It was a really dangerous act and even Sparrow looked shocked at what he had done afterwards. The whole MRP needs an overhaul and the penalty system simplified...our blokes should have sorted Sparrow out as well, if that was Nick Daicos with his head rearranged it would have been a full pile on from the Pies.

Reply #101

Two weeks would have been reduced to one as per Jack Martin.

I reckon we should go back to the system where previous suspensions/reports contributed to the penalty.  Second offence = double penalty.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #102
They squealed like piglets over Maynard, then played the man very next gamr  Zero respect for that mob.  None.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #103
Sparrow should have got 2-3 weeks for slamming Walsh head first into the boundary fence, the AFL want to protect the head but that must apply only when you are in play. It was a really dangerous act and even Sparrow looked shocked at what he had done afterwards. The whole MRP needs an overhaul and the penalty system simplified...our blokes should have sorted Sparrow out as well, if that was Nick Daicos with his head rearranged it would have been a full pile on from the Pies.
The umpire blew the whistle for a free kick to us, hence the probable no remonstration or over remonstration to it. Someone got in his face, can't remember who. He certainly should have been on the books for that. Just unnecessary stuff. It's okay to be intense and in your face in a big match. But it's not alright to endanger a player and especially their head through what's on the side of the boundary line.

Reply #104
Interesting that the Go Dees ended up with 4 MRO citings after last night's game. 2 for Pickett and 1 each for Sparrow and Viney.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17