Skip to main content
Topic: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday (Read 71774 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday

Reply #465
Byrne is good running down the field , both him and Jones can look a bit nervy running back towards goal....Simpson like Docherty doesnt really man up anyone and is more about rebound footy.....which is fine vs some teams but not vs a team like say Richmond and Port who have dangerous small/mediums who need close attention.
The lock down small defender/s is my problem area for our defense and where we need to find some players and lose a rebounding type....no point Simpson or Docherty getting 30 possies if a Robbie Gray type has kicked five on them....

True EB, but I think that we have a range of options to cover the Robbie Gray type forward.  Ed Curnow, SOJ and others seem to spend time as defenders and I think that being able to rotate defensive players onto the opposition's best forwards will work for us.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: JLT 2018: Carlton vs St Kilda at Ikon on Wednesday

Reply #466
True EB, but I think that we have a range of options to cover the Robbie Gray type forward.  Ed Curnow, SOJ and others seem to spend time as defenders and I think that being able to rotate defensive players onto the opposition's best forwards will work for us.

Most of those smalls doing heavy scoring run out of the midfield, not as a permanent forward. No defender can mind two at once.
The Force Awakens!