Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham (Read 43268 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd: 3 Northern Blues vs. Sandringham

Reply #120
@LP I'm with you on all that brother ;)

Reply #121
Would it be possible to simply play Casboult at FF for a whole game? Don't mind whether it's in the VFL or Seniors.

We seem determined to never find out what he can do!

Actually think that 2nd ruck role is what he does best. Decent in the ruck, takes marks around the ground and takes marks in front of goal (and kicks points..lol). Not sure he'd be that great as a straight up forward but he's ok there (or would be if he kicked straight) as a back up as well as rucking and taking marks around the wing. Actually think it is what he does best.

If I was to play him forward only it'd be CHF. He likes to move around, provide a target coming out of defence and is ten times more likely to kick a goal from 50m than 20m.

Reply #122
Casboult needs what Stefan Martin got at Brisbane and that responsibility..he needs rucking more and getting more involved in general play.
Mick turned a dud like Leigh Brown into a footballer by giving him responsibility and playing to his strengths rather than trying to make him a KP defender only...we should let Casboult run around more, crash into opposing players and be a presence....

Reply #123
Casboult needs what Stefan Martin got at Brisbane and that responsibility..he needs rucking more and getting more involved in general play.
Mick turned a dud like Leigh Brown into a footballer by giving him responsibility and playing to his strengths rather than trying to make him a KP defender only...we should let Casboult run around more, crash into opposing players and be a presence....

Your smashing them out of the park tonight buddy. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #124
Most of Casboult's best games have started with the lad making a big tackle or chase and gaining confidence from it. Certainly when he brings someone down, especially when it is not expected, he lefts and starts taking big marks.
To be honest, I think that is why he gets played as the primary ruckman at VFL level: it gets him into the play instead of letting him rot in the forward line. Unfortunately Casboult does not appear to have the recovery to make a serious contribution after he goes for the tap. he reads the ball poorly for a guy who can take such a strong grab. He also uses he body relatively poorly.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #125
Personally, I'd love to see Meat cut loose but MM isn't the coach that will let that happen as he is too negative.

I think we should let Casboult do a Brown and create havoc forward of centre. Let him be our escape target and have him hurt teams that want to run off him.

Instead we have him gut running the depth of the field minding a defender, they show him no respect!

Watson was good for this type of role as well. Because he can hit the stick from the centre of the ground they can't disrespect him as much! If only he could clunk marks like Meat.
The Force Awakens!