Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 6 Carlton v Brisbane-post mortem (Read 47340 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 6 Carlton v Brisbane-post mortem

Reply #120
Love murph making sure the hair is in good nick.

Has anyone noticed Rowe has got a dose of the thorntons, seems to blame every kick his opponent wins on someone else.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #121
The players looked knackered by 3/4 time - which is strange because we are not running with the ball or playing anything close to exciting football.

The Going backwards as the first option just looks like we work more than we need to for no screwing result. This is why the players switch off because the bullcrap game plan doesn't work and they know it's pointless.

Reply #122
Why were CFC supporters booing Mitch? He who bled blue but was dumped to improve our culture? Laughable considering from what I saw at the game the current CFC players seemed to adore him going up to him after the game for a hug etc- yeah so grateful MM has turned over our culture  ::)

Reply #123
The players looked knackered by 3/4 time - which is strange because we are not running with the ball or playing anything close to exciting football.

The Going backwards as the first option just looks like we work more than we need to for no screwing result. This is why the players switch off because the bullcrap game plan doesn't work and they know it's pointless.

God pickup M. We are wasting a huge amount of energy during a game due to poor execution. This really struck me yesterday in that we had to work extremely hard to win the ball only to cough it up easily via a wayward disposal or kicking to a contest where we were outnumbered. This, in several cases, led to a Lions goal. That sort of stuff just sucks the life out of a team.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #124
Why were CFC supporters booing Mitch? He who bled blue but was dumped to improve our culture? Laughable considering from what I saw at the game the current CFC players seemed to adore him going up to him after the game for a hug etc- yeah so grateful MM has turned over our culture  ::)

Agreed.

Mitch didnt want to leave

Reply #125
Love murph making sure the hair is in good nick.

Has anyone noticed Rowe has got a dose of the thorntons, seems to blame every kick his opponent wins on someone else.

Feel for Rowe.   Is under massive pressure without Jamo.  ball is coming in way to easily and over the last few weeks, often.  

Reply #126
Agreed.

Mitch didnt want to leave

Actually the move will be good for Robbo I think. He looked a better player to me, much more composed.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #127
The rebuild is on in earnest, it has to be The Sheik's patented "Scorched Earth" policy now, no-one is safe.

Not so much a rebuild....its more like watching a building fall apart each week , brick by brick.....

Reply #128
Docherty, Wood, Jones, Jaksch, Whiley, Cripps, Smith, Thomas, Boekhorst & Everett are all palyers we have picked up in the past two years who played yesterday.

Reply #129
Did anyone else hear the Docherty interview after the game?

Impressive and honest. He was asked (I think by Ramanascus) whether the blokes have had honesty sessions where they ask each other hard and confronting questions... he answered no, but it might just happen this week! I was astonished (and grateful for his honesty).

I fear that MM is anti 360 degree feedback sessions. If there's anything the Board, Management and coaching group needs, well before the players, is a damn strong month of 360 degree feedback sessions. Then the players.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #130
Did anyone else hear the Docherty interview after the game?

Impressive and honest. He was asked (I think by Ramanascus) whether the blokes have had honesty sessions where they ask each other hard and confronting questions... he answered no, but it might just happen this week! I was astonished (and grateful for his honesty).

I fear that MM is anti 360 degree feedback sessions. If there's anything the Board, Management and coaching group needs, well before the players, is a damn strong month of 360 degree feedback sessions. Then the players.

Who got rid of the leading teams mob.
I wasn't a fan but it sounds like some of the stuff they do would possibly be of some use with these blokes.

Reply #131
I wasn't a fan but it sounds like some of the stuff they do would possibly be of some use with these blokes.

Bingo! Bomber T attributes a particularly intense 360 session (their first I think) around 2006 to the Pussycat's dramatic turnaround. He participated and copped his fair whack... helped him as a coach. But I cannot imagine MM doing anything like that.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #132

Yes. Cannot believe how bad he's been this year after his improvement last. Whoever he plays on is the go to man for the opposition.

Reply #133

Leading Teams was a Ratten initiative, and a damn good one at that.  Malthouse clearly isn't a fan, and that's not a bad thing in itself.  However, you have to have something going on to work above the shoulders and I think that played a big part in our last quarter roller coaster.

Clearly, Brisbane had nothing to lose and our blokes were more focused on trying not to lose than they were on winning.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #134
I think this will be my last comment on this very disappointing game.

Tom Bell played another good game and continues to show how far he has come as a player.  One of the plays he was involved in today really epitomised how hard we have made what should be a relatively simple game.  Bell took on two opponents and won the ball at halfback.  He was on the move and started to head down the ground when he realised that there weren't any Carlton players in front of him.  What should have been several bounces and/or a chain of possessions leading to an inspirational goal fizzled out when Bell had to pull up and turn back to kick the ball back towards the Brisbane goal.

I'd love to see our players given the freedom to take the game on.

Yep, I remember that piece of play vividly......as Mantis also said, not only did he have to go backwards, but via a chain of possessions the ball actually ended up back in the Brisbane goalsquare (or just outside it), before they had no choice but to go forward again.....if not for the fence, I reckon they would've happily continued out to Latrobe Street......

Also - there was a knob-head of a Carlton supporter who yelled out "Good on you Jones - stick it up them" when he kicked his only goal in the last after another sub-par game, as a snipe against pretty much every other Carlton supporter who can clearly see how bad he is......geez, did I give that guy an ear-bashing.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....