Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 6 Carlton v Brisbane-post mortem (Read 47276 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 6 Carlton v Brisbane-post mortem

Reply #15
you gotta laugh.
things are so bad, its beyond anger.
whats the judge going to do? have another plate of pasta? lol
SOS the messiah? i dont think so

I think we have to be realistic and admit where the club is at and it's not pretty.

Reply #16
I think we have to be realistic and admit where the club is at and it's not pretty.

Does this mean we have to hand back the keys?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #17
Will Mick say "we played a very good football side?"

Are we the only team who still plays taggers? Berniie Vince is The only tagging job I can think of?

Are we last?

"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #18
Are you serious?

Yes I am serious. There's some fair ability in that line up. Problem is right now they are so badly coached it's sucked the life out of them.

If you can't see that well....

Reply #19
Will Mick say "we played a very good football side?"

Are we the only team who still plays taggers? Berniie Vince is The only tagging job I can think of?

Are we last?

17th.

Reply #20
Would Kruezer, Simpson, Menzel, White, Jamison, Henderson, Carrazzo and Yarran have made a difference???

Reply #21
I'm not angry, I got to see Clem Smith play again plus other newbies Buckley, Graham, Jacksch, Whiley, Boekhorst etc.

We still have plenty of players in the senior who are "dead men walking" but this will change at the end of the season.

Bring on the trade & draft period !!!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #24
20 k today...and half were free!
wonder how many nextweek if they are totally free

Reply #25
This club doesn't lack ability. They lack a decent coaching structure from a bloke who is way past it as well as lacking anything close to any "want".

Agree.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #26
I'm not angry, I got to see Clem Smith play again plus other newbies Buckley, Graham, Jacksch, Whiley, Boekhorst etc.

We still have plenty of players in the senior who are "dead men walking" but this will change at the end of the season.

Bring on the trade & draft period !!!

It's funny isn't Sheik, there is no anger. I used to get angry and frustrated when we started losing, I would take it personally, but now I just expect it.
Just FRIGGING EXPECT IT.
What does that say where our club is?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #27
Yes I am serious. There's some fair ability in that line up. Problem is right now they are so badly coached it's sucked the life out of them.

If you can't see that well....

There's ability in every side, we had a sprinkling of top players when we were winning wooden spoons.
Today's team was one of the weakest Carlton sides I can remember, if you can't see that well..........
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #28
Would Kruezer, Simpson, Menzel, White, Jamison, Henderson, Carrazzo and Yarran have made a difference???

Yeah.... Kernahan, Williams, Bradley and Silvagni would make a difference too.... but they didn't play today either.

No excuses... Were are a rabble.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #29
Does this mean we have to hand back the keys?

What do you mean hand back the keys? Are advocating leaving the AFL!?!?

I meant Carlton is more Melbournesque than I think many people wanted to admit and it's been that way for awhile now. Like a drug addict or alcoholic you sometimes have to admit where you're at before you can take a step forward and that's where this club is at right now. The culture is rotten and we have to clean it up from the board level down. Sacking Malthouse and will simply shuffle the chairs about - ask yourself this aside from making people feel momentarily better, what would it achieve? I doubt it's the coach.

Rattan was the only one in the last 10-12 years that seemed to get any spirit going in the group but let's not kid ourselves there were problems then. Underlying problems that whilst kept at bay for year or two ultimately led to his demise.

We have no patience and our list and culture I think are poor. We have failed repeatedly at the draft and with inward looking management we are not prepared to back a strategy and really build a club. If you were building a club from scratch today what would you do? How would you got about it? That's really where Carlton is at.