Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 6 Carlton v Brisbane-post mortem (Read 47277 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 6 Carlton v Brisbane-post mortem

Reply #150
Thanks. Now if only WADA will do right by us given the shemozzle of a season that unfolding.

The mercy rule needs to envoked.
I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #151
Is there some thing wrong that Cripps, Smith and Whiley got fined for a melee?

Not a senior player to be seen, leaving our kids to fight the battles?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #152

I noticed we didn't have too many tough senior players protecting the kids. How sad was that ? Something really smells around the club with our leadership group. Something just isn't what it should be.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #153
I noticed we didn't have too many tough senior players protecting the kids. How sad was that ? Something really smells around the club with our leadership group. Something just isn't what it should be.

Im sick of murph and gibbs now...

Reply #154

That right there pretty well sums up where our club is at the moment.
Only the juniors fly the flag, WTF?
Cripps is a born leader and will be a Carlton Captain sooner than you think.
Murphy and Squibbs need to do a condensed crash course in Leadership at Duntroon, then they might grow a pair.  ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #155

Yep we have no leadership thats the problem....I mentioned Boekhorst being left to fend for himself after you could see the kid was struggling with confidence
and I didnt see a senior player encourage him all game.
Whiley has made a ordinary start to his footy career but he does get around his mates and help them out which proves the  kid has some character and I would persist
with him on that basis..Simon White was similar when he started.

Reply #156

Gibbs was there trying to break things up.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #157
I wasn't going to comment further on this game but I have an observation that I don't think anyone else has remarked upon.

Christensen looks to have perfected the 'Selwood shrug' and milked two free kicks (one for a goal) by forcing the tackler's arm to ride up above his shoulder.  Umpires should be instructed not to pay free kicks for high contact when the tackled player contributes to the high contact.  The 'Selwood shrug' should be no different to 'ducking the head'.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #158
I saw him do it twice DJC. Once around 25m from goal. The commentators picked up on it and referenced it to Selwood also. Yet in this game I saw endless times our players were taken high and it was just a ball up. I think it might have been Whiley, Boekhorst and Murphy that missed obvious high tackles. Christensen is very clever about how he gets his free kicks for a high tackle. He bends the knees to drop his height slightly.

The in the back rule has me confused also. How many times it isn't picked blow my mind. As does the holding the ball when every player stacks on top of you when you come to ground. It doesn't promote players to go in for the ball when its at ground level in congestion. Don't even get me started on the advantage rule. A player gets a free kick and another player decides to play on and runs into trouble. In the past the free kick is given back to the original player, because there really was no clear advantage. Yet the next player immediately gets nailed, and pinged for holding the ball. ::)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.