Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 6 Carlton v Brisbane-post mortem (Read 47274 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 6 Carlton v Brisbane-post mortem

Reply #30
This club doesn't lack ability. They lack a decent coaching structure from a bloke who is way past it as well as lacking anything close to any "want".

Very true  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #31
What do you mean hand back the keys? Are advocating leaving the AFL!?!?

I meant Carlton is more Melbournesque than I think many people wanted to admit and it's been that way for awhile now. Like a drug addict or alcoholic you sometimes have to admit where you're at before you can take a step forward and that's where this club is at right now. The culture is rotten and we have to clean it up from the board level down. Sacking Malthouse and will simply shuffle the chairs about - ask yourself this aside from making people feel momentarily better, what would it achieve? I doubt it's the coach.

Rattan was the only one in the last 10-12 years that seemed to get any spirit going in the group but let's not kid ourselves there were problems then. Underlying problems that whilst kept at bay for year or two ultimately led to his demise.

We have no patience and our list and culture I think are poor. We have failed repeatedly at the draft and with inward looking management we are not prepared to back a strategy and really build a club. If you were building a club from scratch today what would you do? How would you got about it? That's really where Carlton is at.

I should've put a  ;) at the end.

You right though, we need a big BIG plan to get back to at least on par with Richmond  ;) let alone the upper echelon of the ladder ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #32
And don't get me started on Nick Graham wearing the green vest FFS what a joke that is.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #33
There's ability in every side, we had a sprinkling of top players when we were winning wooden spoons.
Today's team was one of the weakest Carlton sides I can remember, if you can't see that well..........

Proving you don't know much

Without taking into account current form but on this list is:

Walker
Menzel
Murphy
Gibbs
Judd
Simpson
Kreuzer
Cripps
Yarran
Docherty
Jaksch
Henderson
Bell
Everitt
Curnow
Byrne
Thomas
Jamison
Casboult
Touhy

Not a Hawthorn list but certainly something a half decent coach can easily work with. Certainly not a bottom of the ladder list. If you say that lacks ability then I'll just point and laugh. We are so badly coached right now that we have the life sucked right out of us. Game plan and structure is awful.

Reply #34
I meant Carlton is more Melbournesque than I think many people wanted to admit and it's been that way for awhile now. Like a drug addict or alcoholic you sometimes have to admit where you're at before you can take a step forward and that's where this club is at right now. The culture is rotten and we have to clean it up from the board level down. Sacking Malthouse and will simply shuffle the chairs about - ask yourself this aside from making people feel momentarily better, what would it achieve? I doubt it's the coach.

Parkin appointed Brittain before he left, Elliott hired Pagan as the saviour, Ratten was employed to keep the supporters and members happy and now Malthouse has been employed on reputation.
At no time in the past decade or more have we actually approached selecting a coach with an open mind and taken a methodical approach, every one of them has been appointed to fit the political climate at the club at the time.
Our administration in general has been woeful and where we are now is the product of that.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #35
I should've put a  ;) at the end.

You right though, we need a big BIG plan to get back to at least on par with Richmond  ;) let alone the upper echelon of the ladder ::)

Richmond's actually working to get on a par with us...lol!!!

Reply #36
Proving you don't know much

Whatever gets you through the night laj.
We've won two elimination finals in 14 years, against Essendon and Richmond, that's where we are as a club.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #37
Pretty appalling game

Looked like half the club didn't want to be out there.

Reply #38
The players have spoken.....and they didn't need to use words.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #39
The players have spoken.....and they didn't need to use words.

I thought they spoke last week?
Someone isn't listening? :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #40
I'm not angry, I got to see Clem Smith play again plus other newbies Buckley, Graham, Jacksch, Whiley, Boekhorst etc.

Yeah - that Buckley, he's awesome, his dash out of defence & the way he uses the footy......oh wait

......and Jaksch - wow, what's not to like about Jaksch, the way he imposes himself and his kicking......oh wait

......and Whiley, man - what an awesome tagger he is and that pace.......oh wait

......and Boekhorst - great to see him NOT play like Kane Lucas and then kick that clutch goal in the last......oh wait

I'll give you Clem Smith, who finally showed a bit today (despite 2 horrific kicking clangers) & can't comment on Graham due to his usual lack of game-time, but the rest of them you must surely be taking the p!ss....surely.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #43
Not to mention, anyone seen Brisbane's injury list??

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #44
Whatever gets you through the night laj.
We've won two elimination finals in 14 years, against Essendon and Richmond, that's where we are as a club.

Gets me through the night nicely.

I don't think you were anti-Ratts but he got us  to finals 3 years straight. From where we were that was some effort, so let's not worry too much but what we won there. Now gone from 5th to an absolute rabble in 3 years with a similar group of players. You think Mick's ok though....lol!

Almost circular. Rock bottom ------3 years-------> 5th-------3 years------> rock bottom. The gun coaches are the rock bottoms.