Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton v GWS-Post Match thread (Read 24823 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton v GWS-Post Match thread

Reply #30
I don't know if I want the Cats to keep losing. It brings that first pick up but it also brings pick 30 up. :-\

I don't think Henderson is worth higher than 10. Most are saying he's worth early 20s. Pick 26 for him would be a disaster.
We won't accept anything less than a 1st rounder. He might end up somewhere else than Geelong. There are suitors that interest us and have picks we want. If Geelong want him, then they need to ante up. It is that simple. Hendo said he didn't know where he will be playing next year: now Geelong don't either.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #31
So, when do we get to see a decent game again? That was painful, we should forfeit next week and put everyone out of their misery.

Reply #32
Geelong either come up with a first rounder or hendo goes elsewhere.

Reply #33
Run Brendon, run. Run away NOW. And don't look back.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #34
I thought by Simmo's standard he was a little down today, but no matter. In the context of the last decade, he is an out and out CFC legend. Love him to bits.

I thought he was out and out cr@p. Sure, courageous. Sure, gets a lot of the ball.  But what's the point?

Jamison -> Docherty -> Simpson -> opposition -> goal
Rowe -> Tuohy -> Simpson -> opposition -> goal
loose ball -> Simpson -> opposition -> goal
intercept -> Simpson -> opposition -> goal

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #35
Run Brendon, run. Run away NOW. And don't look back.

I wouldn't blame him if he did. I watched the facial expressions on SOS and Brendon in the crowd and they looked more than just a little concerned. They looked like WTF is wrong with this side and where do we have to start.

The 2 biggest winning margins for the GWS is against us. Really ?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #36
Did anyone else think it was like watching a VFL match that was put on at a ground with a stadium?  :))

Reply #37
Haven't seen any of the game Carrots, just looking at the stats.....BB only had 9 disposals??? I find it hard to get exited by that unless they were like a Cyril 9 Possie game :))

1 goal (=1st for us)
1 goal assist (=1st)
3 inside 50's (=3rd)
5 1%ers (=1st)

He played like a player who belonged.

1 bit of play saw him basically 1 on 2 who were playing keepings off from him. 2 attempts at tackling back to back, then got a smother which forced the ball over the line. Add in a couple of sprints away from a stoppage and you see a lot to get excited about.

He didn't have a lot to beat today in terms of teammates efforts, but he showed plenty by comparison

Reply #38
I watched the game mainly to see how Walsh went.

i like him and reckon he's got potential.

other than that, there is nothing to say except as i said in the in game thread welcome Weiterling!!!

Reply #39
I thought he was out and out cr@p. Sure, courageous. Sure, gets a lot of the ball.  But what's the point?

Agree make the call and trade/ delist simpson and.jamison. ...enough is enough. ..

Reply #40
Something about babies and bath water...

Reply #41

Clearly not one of his best games, but he's been good for us this year, and indeed for many years.

Reply #42
I wouldn't blame him if he did. I watched the facial expressions on SOS and Brendon in the crowd and they looked more than just a little concerned. They looked like WTF is wrong with this side and where do we have to start.

The 2 biggest winning margins for the GWS is against us. Really ?

They need to start between the ears.

Reply #44
Yarran is an obvious one but the coaching staff have clearly identified others.  That's a good step towards the clean out we're going to have.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?