Skip to main content
Topic: The F Word. (Read 23034 times) previous topic - next topic

The F Word.

Time to think about Finals as we're a good chance of playing them. I was going to start this thread last week but thought I would give it one more game to see the improvement.

There's always one fairy tail team each year that rises from the depths and I reckon its us this time.

We've had enough talk of high draft picks which go with finishing well out of the finals. Winning makes premiership teams not high picks.

Re: The F Word.

Reply #1
Time to think about Finals as we're a good chance of playing them. I was going to start this thread last week but thought I would give it one more game to see the improvement.

There's always one fairy tail team each year that rises from the depths and I reckon its us this time.

We've had enough talk of high draft picks which go with finishing well out of the finals. Winning makes premiership teams not high picks.

Oh dear. Someone has taken the lid off and thrown it over the cliff edge.

This isn't going to end well.

Realistically, we play saints twice, lions twice, bombers and pies again....and melbourne.

we SHOULD win all 7, taking us to 11 wins.

Somehow i doubt we'll get 11 wins this season.

Reply #2
we've beaten 4 very ordinary teams in Fremantle Essendon Collingwood and Port Adelaide....It's good to win but we are no chance of making finals.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #3

It's certainly good to see people getting pumped and having positive thoughts about the team, but no.

Reply #4
Oh dear. Someone has taken the lid off and thrown it over the cliff edge.

This isn't going to end well.

Realistically, we play saints twice, lions twice, bombers and pies again....and melbourne.

we SHOULD win all 7, taking us to 11 wins.

Somehow i doubt we'll get 11 wins this season.

According to the ladder predictor i did the other day, but aside from absolute ridiculous amount of surprise results, we will end up outside of finals by 3 matches even if we somehow win 11.

We need 13 wins to play finals IMHO, and even then a few results have to go our way.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
absolutely... no reason why we can't...

Just have to win 10 more games.....

;D
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #6
What"s the F word. Go all out and go the P word....lol!

Reply #7
14 games to go. We have a very soft draw but games we won't win:

Norf, Geelong, GWS, Adelaide H, WetToast H, Sydney & Dawks.

That has us on 11 wins. Realistically we'd have to knock off crows and eagles here plus win all of the other 7 to be even a slight chance. Would be a big effort.

I will say this - we are noticeably better each week. The difference between the Freo/Ess wins and the PA win is vast.

Reply #8
I would LOVE to be in the finals, but I honestly do not think we are ready. We have taken some major steps, but we are still nearer the start of our rebuild than the end. There is more talent to import onto our list. There are some kids who have to mature. We have serious structural problems to overcome.
I can't see us getting to the finals this year.

That said, wouldn't be a cracker if we did. There were plenty of self appointed seers out there who thought we wouldn't win a game. It would be nice to show these zeros that we have evolved. Pity they haven't. :))
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
Eleven wins would seem to be the most we can realistically expect.

No finals for us but we could very well help to determine who does play finals.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
I would LOVE to be in the finals, but I honestly do not think we are ready. We have taken some major steps, but we are still nearer the start of our rebuild than the end. There is more talent to import onto our list. There are some kids who have to mature. We have serious structural problems to overcome.
I can't see us getting to the finals this year.

That said, wouldn't be a cracker if we did. There were plenty of self appointed seers out there who thought we wouldn't win a game. It would be nice to show these zeros that we have evolved. Pity they haven't. :))

To be honest our rebuild has barely started.

We were the third average oldest team in round 9.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
F is obviously for top FOUR.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #12
I have that unsettling feeling that any talk of finals this year will disappear after this weekend.. ::)

The only decent sides we have met so far this season have shown us the early exit door.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #14
I've looked at the draw and to be honest I can't see us losing another game.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!