Skip to main content
Topic: Baby Blues finals bound? (Read 6298 times) previous topic - next topic

Baby Blues finals bound?

If the Bummers get rubbed out for the rest of the season it appears the same fate will be dealt to it's VFL squad and our boys make the finals. Hope they've put mad Monday on hold. :o
IN WADA WE TRUST

Re: Baby Blues finals bound?

Reply #1
If the Bummers get rubbed out for the rest of the season it appears the same fate will be dealt to it's VFL squad and our boys make the finals. Hope they've put mad Monday on hold. :o

Are you sure?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
No Dice....Essendon's VFL team unaffected by tonights results...

Reply #3
Was being reported this afternoon on SEN, but Paul Little just said there is no implications for the VFL side so delete thread I guess. ;)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #4
I heard it speculated earlier today, but it looks like it is not happening as it wasn't announced this evening.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #5
In many ways it is probably best that we don't play this weekend. Our form recently, and our team structure, simply isn't ready for a successful finals' campaign.

Mind you, I can't think of ANY real reason why the VFL B*mbers won't be affected: most of the players are on Essendon's list and have been treated and effected in the same way. However, that is not my decision to make (and they are very lucky that is the case).
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
In many ways it is probably best that we don't play this weekend. Our form recently, and our team structure, simply isn't ready for a successful finals' campaign.

Mind you, I can't think of ANY real reason why the VFL B*mbers won't be affected: most of the players are on Essendon's list and have been treated and effected in the same way. However, that is not my decision to make (and they are very lucky that is the case).

You're too fair, CRASH. I, also, cannot find a legitimate reason why the VFL EFC side shouldn't be equally punished. Now the EFC club can pour their expectations on this mob knowing that many senior players will take the field... and they shouldn't. In fact there seems to be no reason why the EFC can't field their senior side in two weeks and maybe take the VFL flag!!! How would that look?!?!?!?!?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7

You're too fair, CRASH. I, also, cannot find a legitimate reason why the VFL EFC side shouldn't be equally punished. Now the EFC club can pour their expectations on this mob knowing that many senior players will take the field... and they shouldn't. In fact there seems to be no reason why the EFC can't field their senior side in two weeks and maybe take the VFL flag!!! How would that look?!?!?!?!?
That would be a very ugly situation. Unfortunately for the VFL, this decision couldn't come quicker, leaving them with the task of manipulating their finals series as it happens. I can understand why they would not want to, but they have to face up to the Essendon issue and deal with it, and quickly. probably the best result would be the Baby Blues getting in, but it may simply be too hard for them.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
In the grand scheme of things this is no big deal IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #9
So if Essendope with the VFL with players playing that then receive infraction notices, does this not muddy the whole competition?

It makes it seem irrelevant which is a poor look...

On the grand scheme of things, are we discovering a little more why Luke Mitchell played in the developement side earlier this year?  Perhaps to get him ready for finals?  A big finals series could save his CFC future.  Some players are just finals players like the Dominator.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #10
I love the way Caro had a very subtle (most wouldn't have even noticed it) dig at how this was yet another example of how selfish and arrogant Essendon have been.  Baby Blues have had to train this week not knowing whether they were in or out, putting end of year celebrations/operations/etc. on hold.

That's ok cheats - you just take your time holding the whole competition to ransom.  Don't mind us.  We'll just wait patiently twiddling our thumbs.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #11
The AFL was mainly concerned with keeping the AFL finals series clean and Bummer-free - beyond criticism. They've done that.

It obviously doesn't really care too much about the same problems be-devilling the VFL finals with Bummer senior players likely making appearances. By the time INs get issued, if they ever do, the VFL finals will be long forgotten by most and the AFL's attitude to the VFL will be "Tell someone who gives a stuff!"
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
I doubt very much that Essendon would be game to risk more bad publicity by playing obvious senior players in their VFL squad just for a cheap VFL finals win.

Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #13
Massive plunge on the bombers for the VFL flag, came in from $41 to $15 and has prompted a suspension on the betting for Essendon Richmond.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #14
Aren't players required to have played a minimum of 10 games throughout the season to qualify for a game in the finals.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!