Skip to main content
Topic: Clash Jumper Revealed (Read 16426 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Clash Jumper Revealed

Reply #15
Reverse the traditional colours and we have a navy monogram on a white background...but white's a bit of a wimpy colour so we need to darken it up just a little.

That's why this works for me. ;)

Reply #16
Reverse the traditional colours and we have a navy monogram on a white background...but white's a bit of a wimpy colour so we need to darken it up just a little.

That's why this works for me. ;)

This was the best one for mine. The effect of the white was reduced due to the details - navy blue stripe on the shoulders, under the arms on the flanks of the jumper, on the cuffs, navy blue numbers on the back. If you team it with navy shorts and socks, it looks great. Much better than the aliens from Ikon Park.

WARNING WARNING WARNING !

Reply #17
60s-70s Sci-fi was the best Sci-fi ;D
60s-70s Carlton was the best Carlton

Back to the Future ;) :D

Reply #18
60s-70s Sci-fi was the best Sci-fi ;D
60s-70s Carlton was the best Carlton

Back to the Future ;) :D

Well, if we can get back to that 60's, 70's level of success, they can wear pink tutus for all I care. Actually, I don't mind pink tutus...........

Reply #19
It's a bloody ripper. Best yet. Well done CFC.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #20

I'm sure we wore a silver type kit for a special match or promo quite a long time ago.

Can anyone clarify because the Blueseum doesn't list it?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
I'm sure we wore a silver type kit for a special match or promo quite a long time ago.

Can anyone clarify because the Blueseum doesn't list it?

The short blurb from Lods' URL link includes the following - make of it what you will :

the clash guernsey is Carlton's first all-grey one in its history, with the bevelled monogram honouring the Club's past.

There's nothing on google images that I could find showing any grey strips.

Reply #22
The short blurb from Lods' URL link includes the following - make of it what you will :

Lods post also states this;

Probably the best clash jumper I've ever seen proposed was a Silver one with a Navy monogram.
This one is pretty close. Don't mind it at all.

I'm sure between us we have enough wits left to know this wasn't imagination!

It's a huge omission from the Blueseum, maybe it's a political statement from the curators about their love of the traditional jumper, or their hatred for the silver!

Maybe the club doesn't want fans digging up the old silver jumpers instead of buying new ones! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
Lods post also states this;

I'm sure between us we have enough wits left to know this wasn't imagination!

It's a huge omission from the Blueseum, maybe it's a political statement from the curators about their love of the traditional jumper, or their hatred for the silver!

Maybe the club doesn't want fans digging up the old silver jumpers instead of buying new ones! :o

Yes, you are indeed correct. Must be one of those "blink and you'll miss it" moments. Let's hope it stays out of the public eye forever.

The truth is out there folks.

Reply #24
I like the clash jumper as well.

I only hope the team doesn't look like 22 versions of the Tin Man (.....while singing 'If I only had a heart....')
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #25
I like the clash jumper as well.

I only hope the team doesn't look like 22 versions of the Tin Man (.....while singing 'If I only had a heart....')

Indeed. That design leaves them wide open for some serious sledging IMO.

Reply #26
Indeed. That design leaves them wide open for some serious sledging IMO.

If we wear that Rnd 1 we won't have to worry about Riewoldt.

Every time he catches a glimpse of his own image he'll be mesmerized!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
If we wear that Rnd 1 we won't have to worry about Riewoldt.

Every time he catches a glimpse of his own image he'll be mesmerized!

That might work on a lot of current AFL players.

When REM was conceiving their 4th album, Lifes Rich Pageant, Peter Buck, REM's guitarist, argued vigorously that the word Lifes must have no apostrophe, because in his opinion, there wasn't one great album in the history of rock n roll that used an apostrophe in the title, and his argument prevailed.

I'm putting the following proposition out there - no great sporting team, anywhere on the planet, has ever had a full shiny silver outfit, either as a main or clash / away outfit.

Someone please prove me wrong.

Reply #28
Just to clarify......
I cant recall us ever wearing a Silver strip in a match.

Probably the best clash jumper I've ever seen proposed was a Silver one with a Navy monogram.
This one is pretty close. Don't mind it at all.

The key word here is "proposed"
I did see a mock up of one some years back during a discussion of alternate colours and it was one that I actually liked.

Reply #29

Don't know whether Besiktas qualifies as "great" team but they certainly had shiny shirts!  :)
Reality always wins in the end.