Skip to main content
Topic: If Not BB, Who? (Read 60415 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: If Not BB, Who?

Reply #60
I only just watched BB's presser, I don't get all the problems, he basically talked on what happened and the way it is!

There wasn't really much spin, he didn't roll off a chain of clichés, and he wasn't bullied into commentary by the media although they tried their best to get him spinning. In short he's getting better at handling the media.

Given the circumstance, I'd give him a post-match B+ or maybe even better!

From a club perspective, the only media problem we have, and I'm not sure how this happens. But after BB stomping on media spin the club posted a video from Ed in which Ed used the "H" word! The disappointing thing this comes from our own internal media crew, are they working for us or against us?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #61

Reply #62
I only just watched BB's presser, I don't get all the problems, he basically talked on what happened and the way it is!

I don’t think it would matter what Bolts says or does, some folk won’t be happy until he’s gone ... and I hope they remain unhappy for a very long time  ;)

I wonder how things are going on the Melbourne supporters’ sites  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #63
I don’t think it would matter what Bolts says or does, some folk won’t be happy until he’s gone ... and I hope they remain unhappy for a very long time  ;)

You can change Bolts for Mick and 4 years later we're worse.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #64
BB is light-years ahead, MM wouldn't even know the rules had changed!

When we brought MM into the club, it was akin to voting in Bob Hawk for PM in 2020!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #66
Bolton: 69 games for 15 wins: 21.7%

Malthouse: 54 games for 20 wins + 1 draw: 31.4%

Ratten: 114 games for 60 wins: 52.6%

Pagan: 104 games for 25 wins + 2 draws: 24.1%

Brittain: 46 games for 18 wins at 39.1 %

Note: I removed Ratten's 6 games as caretaker/tanking coach.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #67
Disturbing trend

2016   Carlton    22   7   15   0   31.8%
2017   Carlton    22   6   16   0   27.3%
2018   Carlton    22   2   20   0   9.1%
2019   Carlton     3    0    3    0   0.0%
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #68
Bolton: 69 games for 15 wins: 21.7%

Malthouse: 54 games for 20 wins + 1 draw: 31.4%

Pagan: 104 games for 25 wins + 2 draws: 24.1%

Brittain: 46 games for 18 wins at 39.1 %

You left one out, didn't you ?  :D

Reply #70
Fixed.

Sticks out like dog's balls.

IMO, Pagan and Bolton both have mitigating circumstances, and perhaps Brittain as well. Ratts IMO is a decent coach, plus he had Judd and a few other handy players, and i think he also knew the club inside out, and hence knew his way around and could do his thing without causing trouble or being a victim of undue interference. 

Pagan arrived to a club in turmoil, and was white anted by senior players (justifiably or otherwise). Brittain I think had plenty of injuries, and I'm guessing zero support from Elliot. And Bolton has been part of a world record rebuild, so I stand by my previous assertion (however unsatisfactory or unacceptable) that the results from the first 3 years don't count.

Reply #71
Sticks out like dog's balls.

IMO, Pagan and Bolton both have mitigating circumstances, and perhaps Brittain as well. Ratts IMO is a decent coach, plus he had Judd and a few other handy players, and i think he also knew the club inside out, and hence knew his way around and could do his thing without causing trouble or being a victim of undue interference. 

Pagan arrived to a club in turmoil, and was white anted by senior players (justifiably or otherwise). Brittain I think had plenty of injuries, and I'm guessing zero support from Elliot. And Bolton has been part of a world record rebuild, so I stand by my previous assertion (however unsatisfactory or unacceptable) that the results from the first 3 years don't count.

While not defending Pagan I think you'll find the AFL sanctions kiboshed Pagan as much as anything. He arrived to a club with an aging list and was left with only the ability to draft has-beens. In some way, before the AFL sanctions, Pagan was to do the same job with fresh youth that BB is now tasked with doing.

MM was just a huge mistake, not much else to say.

Brittain was the one white-anted more than any other, by the highest levels with our club and along with the AFL those ultimate powers have a lot to answer for! I think it's no accident Brittain is still working behind the scenes at the Lions and in the northern development leagues.

Ratten while undermined within the club and externally, also contributed to his won fate and will tell you as much. He's a much better coach now but he may never get that next opportunity.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
Bolton's record sticks out like dog balls.

He has all the draft picks, best player in the comp and full support of the board/club, media have been tame on him and the results are pathetic.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #73
Bolton's record sticks out like dog balls.

He has all the draft picks, best player in the comp and full support of the board/club, media have been tame on him and the results are pathetic.

We have never been in this situation before, having an aging or recycled list of high draft picks is not like have a list full young inexperienced list full of high draft picks.

It's fundamentally a different situation, and our club did this to itself deliberately.

We are like Cortes, we've burned our ships there is no going back! We have to get shagging with the natives and breed up a new culture!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74
It's either a coaching problem or a list problem.

Bolton or SOS?

Who is at fault here?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!