Skip to main content
Topic: If Not BB, Who? (Read 62319 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: If Not BB, Who?

Reply #137
Jones was good last year, full back is difficult position when you lose by 10 goals every couple of weeks.

I was mocked for this last year but go back and have a look at SOS's record when we got pumped.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #139
Agree. He interviews much the same way as he plays football. Decent, humble, ethical and just plain old nice.
Is that a veiled swipe? ;D

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/carlton-defender-liam-jones-has-leaked-just-three-goals-this-season/news-story/1a5c170eb7a180a9d9416ff7c3658c76

Carlton defender Liam Jones has leaked just three goals this season
SAM LANDSBERGER, Herald Sun
April 9, 2019 6:28pm
Subscriber only
Liam Jones’ obsession with studying vision and researching opponents has emerged as the key to his rebirth as one of the game’s stingiest defenders.

The Carlton full-back has conceded just three goals this season after extended duels with Richmond’s Jack Riewoldt, Port Adelaide’s Paddy Ryder and Sydney’s Lance Franklin.

Jones polled two coaches votes for his negating performance on Franklin, where he mixed sharp closing speed, smart body contact and desperation to beat the eight-time All-Australian in several one-on-ones.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #140
Is that a veiled swipe? ;D...........................

No. Good on him for trying to beat his man fair and square, rather than resorting to short cuts. I see him as a poor man's Southby, and that's a very good thing IMO. And I hope his good start to the season continues for the rest of his career. The sort of player you really root for and really wish for a fairytale career, because we all like to see nice guys win.

Having said that, he does drive me crazy at times.

Reply #141

When is that PaulP, when he launches clear of all opponents free of any obstructive contact and double fists the football directly to the opposition small forwards?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #142
When is that PaulP, when he launches clear of all opponents and double fists the ball free of any obstructive contact?

When he kamikazes team mates in the back of the head etc.,

Reply #143
When he kamikazes team mates in the back of the head etc.,

I have to admit, I did like Jones and Casboult doing some heavy hitting of opponents last game, but I realise it comes at a risk! Let's just say they are not so clinical as Sandilands or Hodge!

Please Mr AFL, please please keep Liam and Levi well away from Cripps marking a football?

The Force Awakens!

Reply #144
I have to admit, I did like Jones and Casboult doing some heavy hitting of opponents last game, but I realise it comes at a risk!

Please Mr AFL, please please keep Liam and Levi well away from Cripps marking a football?

It seems to me that this has been a real area of improvement in his game, i.e reduction of cannoning into his mates. Long may it continue. Again I say, good on him.

Reply #145
No. Good on him for trying to beat his man fair and square, rather than resorting to short cuts. I see him as a poor man's Southby, and that's a very good thing IMO. And I hope his good start to the season continues for the rest of his career. The sort of player you really root for and really wish for a fairytale career, because we all like to see nice guys win.

Fair enough, dont underestimate the confidence Buddy's scalp will give him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #146
Be interesting with Jones this week, will probably get 2 metre Peter as an opponent or Chris Burgess.....the latter is a good mark for a 191cm smaller key forward and can play at both ends of the ground but has been used a bit as a decoy/stopper so far and might take Jones or Weitering in a negative role and try and drag them away from play and leave room for players like Sexton to do his thing.

Reply #147
Be interesting with Jones this week, will probably get 2 metre Peter as an opponent or Chris Burgess.....the latter is a good mark for a 191cm smaller key forward and can play at both ends of the ground but has been used a bit as a decoy/stopper so far and might take Jones or Weitering in a negative role and try and drag them away from play and leave room for players like Sexton to do his thing.

Jones -> Wright
Weitering -> Burgess
Marchbank -> Sexton

Should have them covered. Should.

Reply #148
Think Plowman will get first crack on Sexton, they want Marchbank and Newman rebounding more tha lock down defending

Reply #149
If BB goes - who replaces him?

For starters, no matter how badly we do this year, a new senior coach appointment probably wouldn't be made until the end of the season, or near the end. However, that doesn't prevent an interim coach from being appointed. Teague would be the obvious choice, and if it happened, he'd have xyz number of games to prove himself/throw his hat into the ring.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17