Skip to main content
Topic: Who do you expect to have a breakout season in 2014?  (Read 15853 times) previous topic - next topic

Who do you expect to have a breakout season in 2014?

Choose 1 player from the Blues that you think will have a break out year in 2014, and 1 player from another club.

If you're keen, 1 player from every club !!

Go !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Re: Who do you expect to have a breakout season in 2014?

Reply #1
Mine;
Carlton - Chris Yarran - I'm expecting consistent high quality, 20+ possession games from the wing and Half back from Yarran. He will show why we rated him No 2 in his draft !!

Other, Dylan Shiel - GWS
          Gary Rohan - Sydney
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #2
Bryce Gibbs.

I have been backing this horse to have a breakout year every year since we drafted him and im not about to change it now!
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
Nick Graham...

Reply #4
Carlton - Matthew Watson (I think we'll be seeing a lot more of him in the senior side and he could become a very important player for us)

Geelong - Shane Kersten
Freo - Colin Sylvia
Dogs - Jake Stringer
Tigers - Tyrone Vickery

Reply #5
Matty K. First injury free (fingers crossed) preason in years.

Reply #7
Choose 1 player from the Blues that you think will have a break out year in 2014, and 1 player from another club.

If you're keen, 1 player from every club !!

Go !!

Kreuzer. Lobbe (Port)

Reply #8
Andreas Everitt.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #9
Garlett could possibly have a blinder this season. Man I hope he does.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #10
I'll say it...I think the TEAM will have a breakout year, this will be the year we become feared again as a club and our players will play for THE Guernsey and take losing personally! They will 'but in' to the MM plan and all recruits will fire.
Remember there is no I in the word TEAM... but there is a 'me', but I'm not playing so that's alright.

Well we can all dream can't we. 8) 8) 8)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #11
I'm really hoping for an across the board improvement but I reckon 2E may be in for a big one - he's already talking the talk, let's look forward to him walking the walk.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
I'm going to go with either Levi or Rowe. A breakout year is a must for both of them. We could understand why Rowe didn't fire this year having come back from a serious illness which hopefully has gone away for good, and if that's the case, his time is 2014. 

As for Levi, people canning him for his kicking obviously never saw Travis Cloke a few years ago. Hopeless in front of goals. With the right coaching and plenty of practice, he can fix this. Marking not an issue, great hands. If he gets his kicking right then he might be in for a breakout year.

Reply #13
Caboult and/or Rowe ?? In your dreams Gozza, they will be given the flick at the end of 2014.

Watson is the one who has to make an impact given that McCarthy & Mitchell were just given the boot and they all came from the same draft. If Watson cannot lock down a senior spot and call it his own, he too faces the chop at season's end.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #14
I think that Sam Rowe, with a season under his belt and a full pre-season, is in for a blinder next year.

Shaun Hampson will find his niche at Richmond and will become one of the AFL's best big men in 2014.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball