Skip to main content
Topic: Worst Leaders in the AFL! (Read 138165 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Worst Leaders in the AFL!

Reply #120
To get the quality of leadership needed would probably mean we would have to be prepared to trade with our top echelon players, few as there may be.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #121
Another year same piss weak leaders going out with a whimper. When the side is sliding it's up to the leaders to control the game.

Murphy - Let Chaplin waltz through him, which lead to a goal. Jogs after his player when they have the ball. Just a rubbish game.

Gibbs - Did he actually do anything positive? How many kicks did he completely stuff up?

Henderson - Every game he get's into position to mark and drops it. He is a terrible forward, pure and simple. When your one highlight for the night is a knock on to Menzel as a number one forward it's just poor.

Jameson - Is not a team player. He will worry only about his player and if he gets out of position, oh well, I'll still get picked next week.

Rowe - A battler at best, found a home at CHB and because of a stupid selection had to pushed all over the ground covering ruck, KP back because Jaksch was too light for Griffiths.

I was howled down for asking should we trade Murphy, Gibbs. I'm saying now we should!

We will go no where with those two cruisers leading this club. I thought last year they both turned the hardness corner but soft as butter.

Yes, if our leadership group was a flavour it would be vanilla. I much prefer hot and spicy like the Hawks.

Reply #122
To get the quality of leadership needed would probably mean we would have to be prepared to trade with our top echelon players, few as there may be.

Fortune favours the brave ........   ;)
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #124
I have come to the same conclusion time to gut the team completely. Trade Gibbs, Murphy, Kreuser, Henderson, Walker. Sack Warnock, Watson, Armfield, Touhy. Retire Judd, Simpson, Carrazo. Find a hungry intelligent lucid assistant and promote them to head coach, (Dew,Tudor) or re-ignite one of the sacked ones with a point to prove(Voss, Sanderson,McKenna).
In one fell swoop we could raise up to five/six top twenty picks, and/or at least one or two gun up and comers (Trelor, Whitfield, Mitchell). Or a genuine champ like Dangerfield.
Now or never, could be the most audacious move in the games history, and who here seriously wouldn't support such a depraved and desperate move, one that either is dynastic in the making, or the biggest self destructive and crazy move ever. But at least they tried, I could live with that. :o ??? ::)

Edit: Sssch where'd I put my meds......
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #125
@Hanwell
I fear the alternative may be perpetual mediocrity.

Reply #126
Hear hear Cookie, as Neil said "Better to burn out,  than fade away, my my hey hey "
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #127
I think we would be crazy to trade out what little leadership we have. 

We did the Same thing under Pagan.  Ill go hee if we repeat the mistakes.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #128
Gibbs is the one I would be seriously thinking of trading come end of the year at this stage. I always hoped that he would just have that one season like Goddard did when he absolutely explodes but I can't see it in him to be honest. I think he has peaked and if he doesn't do it this year then I think his time is up in terms of getting in that top bracket of players.

I would be trying to prise Talia or something out of Adelaide perhaps not sure?

Reply #129
Wish we went after Taylor Walker a few years back. Would have been our Captain by now and the gun fwd we so desperately we need.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #130
Gibbs is the one I would be seriously thinking of trading come end of the year at this stage. I always hoped that he would just have that one season like Goddard did when he absolutely explodes but I can't see it in him to be honest. I think he has peaked and if he doesn't do it this year then I think his time is up in terms of getting in that top bracket of players.

I would be trying to prise Talia or something out of Adelaide perhaps not sure?

Should have let him go last year as a FA. Would have had pick 8. Could have traded our drafted at the top end if the draft and still got the KJ trade done.

Gutless.

Reply #131
Are you guys serious? He's on 500k FFS that is a bargain.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #133
Isn't that where we are now though Cookie? :o

I think we are mediocre but we'll know for sure as the season unfolds - only my opinion. It'll take a lot of work and expertise at the draft and trade tables to get us out of it. We could start by getting our current players into their best onfield roles and sticking with that as a foundation building exercise.

Reply #134
How many players would want to come to CFC having watched CFC show zero loyalty to players who have shown loyalty to it including Gibbs who could've gotten a crapload more $ elsewhere last year - I mean really imagine gutting the entire playing list - just bloody stupid.

Here's a thought - get a screwing coach that can get the best out of them!