Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond In Game Angst (Read 19324 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond In Game Angst

Reply #45
Really happy with the effort, would of liked a few more shots to have been converted tho.

Reply #46
Hoping Levi might create a presence in the second have give us a focal point

Reply #47
9 points and 4 or 5 of them from set shots inside 50.
It makes it tough when you can't kick straight forward goals but until we develop some skills we'll have to live with it.
If Buckley is playing mainly as a small forward I would have gone with Smith's tackling and body strength.
We're still right in this, we won't roll over and die.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #48
Tigers upped the physical stuff to get back in the game..bigger bodies like Martin, Vickery, Townsend getting more of the ball and creating some clearway for the others...

I like Boekhorst skills but he has pulled the handbrake a couple of times and will need to fix that side of his game to stay on the list...

Simon White provides some grunt but cant use the football to save himself...

Cripps is worth two onballers...

Murphy been good...

Kruezer some good but needs to rip this game open as Hampson isnt very good..

Nick Graham ...been crape, looked slow and been caught wit the ball....

Philips....handy

Kerridge been good...

Wright unsighted after a bright start..

Lamb has some skill but very light in the body......

Probably Boekhorst, Lamb and Buckley.. is one too many flyweights...

Weitering...been good...

Docherty....Tigers seem to like belting him..

Levi...done a couple of good things but cant convert....

Need to get Cripps more help and find someone who can handle Martin.....too many of our blokes lose interest in tackling Dusty...

Reply #49
The effort has been magnificent.  Though they were clearly running out of puff in the last five minutes and Weiters got a knock late.

This is what I wanted to see.  Without a genuine forward it was predictable that they were going to muff shots at goal.  Walker's kick was abysmal.  But the run and the tackling and the set ups are brilliant.  21st Century football unlike the 19th Century football we we're playing under MM.

Reply #50
Phillips is quite good at putting pressure on the player with the ball. Wright came out hard, which I enjoyed.

Reply #51
Hoping Levi might create a presence in the second have give us a focal point

Getting plenty of it but alot up the ground. Has 2-3 on him every time deep forward. Something he'll cop now as no.1 forward now so has to find a way.

Reply #52
Yep EB we have too many flyweights...  Geez we could use a quality ball user from defence as well.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #53
What a change from last season!  What a difference a new, competent coach makes!

I loved Weitering giving it to Riewoldt when he selfishly blazed away and went out of bounds on the full.  It could come back to bite him but what the hell  :)

I'm sure Bolton won't be happy with giving up the lead and I think the Tigers will be under more pressure in the second half.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #54
What a fantastic half. Should be in front.

Should win it from here!

Get on board people.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #55
The effort has been magnificent.  Though they were clearly running out of puff in the last five minutes and Weiters got a knock late.

Wanted to know what happened to the free kick with that one. Obvious to all bar the idiot umpire. If it were a Richmond player the whistle couldn't have got to the mouth quick enough.

Reply #56
What a fantastic half. Should be in front.

Should win it from here!

Get on board people.

LOL. Call me a cynic but I see us dropping off. Would love to be watching the replay in the morning.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #57
great start.

Reply #58
That was some team goal!

Reply #59
That should not happen
2017-16th