Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 14: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs GWS (Read 15062 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 14: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #45
One thing that struck me during the game is that Stevie J and Mummy would struggle with our skinfold tests.

I would happily put up with blokes carrying a little extra weight if they have attitude and the game to back it up.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #46
I was under the impression that 'every' goal gets reviewed as the ball is returned to the centre.

Me too but how do we really know? All I know is we see umpires waste time calling for pointless reviews but on Saturday we had players claiming touched a few times but they were ignored.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #47
Me too but how do we really know? All I know is we see umpires waste time calling for pointless reviews but on Saturday we had players claiming touched a few times but they were ignored.

I remember one being overturned this round when the players were setting  up for a bounce...think it was a Ziebell goal in his game.

Reply #48
re: Cripps....is the new Judd.....where we rely on him too much and he is getting banged up and sat on by opposing teams, losing Murphy has meant losing some structure and other teams get to concentrate on Cripps more...
Kerridge is a good B grader but wont take the load off a player like Cripps, its essential we recruit a couple of big bodied mids who can be trained up to help Cripps and allow him some time out of the middle and rest a bit more up forward so he can also expand his game and become a regular goalkicker.
My greatest fear is we will overload Cripps and he will either break down with injury or not develop to his fullest potential...

^^^^ this.

Cripps is being expected to do too much, specially with Murphy out.
We certainly need at least 3 new mids. The problem is we also need a decent KPF ( a'la Patton ). Harry McKay is 2-3 yars away yet. ( That's if he makes it at all ).
With Jammo off the radar we will need a KPD too.

About 2-3 years away yet I reckon.

I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #49
Just a little concerned that we've put two pretty disappointing efforts together, back to back.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #50
Just a little concerned that we've put two pretty disappointing efforts together, back to back.

We were pretty much outclassed v. GWS Baggers, this week will be a better indicator.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #51
when is the coaching panel going to learn,how manny many times have we seen our long kick into our crowded fwd line and watch the oppostion run run it out to there opened fwd line for goals

Reply #52
when is the coaching panel going to learn,how manny many times have we seen our long kick into our crowded fwd line and watch the oppostion run run it out to there opened fwd line for goals

When you have a bloke like Tutt kicking forward while looking backwards over his shoulder you have to expect those sorts of things.

I'd rather a player who will take some pain and scrub a kick forward to advantage over a bloke who bombs it long from space, turns and jogs back to the beginning.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53
Need speed around the stoppages. Right now our plan is Cripps and er ......

Cripps shortcomings are easy to highlight but they are accentuated when he's the focus. You needs options, fast options to help out.

Yes, next we need mids next.

We hope Cunningham turns outs and Boekhorst is a good contributor. Then look at more in this year's draft.

Reply #54

Is this the end of the honeymoon period?

The real Carlton are about to take over??

I'm going this week with a pack of collingwood mates. I hope we don't make it 3 from 3!

Reply #55
You could just about pick the result of our last two games after the first five minutes

Our intensity has to be there from the start and maintained for the whole game.
Otherwise we struggle.

You can tell early in the game if the intensity isn't there and it's going to be a long afternoon.
If we come with the effort we can give most sides a fright.

Reply #56
Disappointing that we were the only team that lost in this round after a week off. I thought they would have run the game out a little better.

Reply #57
re: Cripps....is the new Judd.....where we rely on him too much and he is getting banged up and sat on by opposing teams, losing Murphy has meant losing some structure and other teams get to concentrate on Cripps more...
Kerridge is a good B grader but wont take the load off a player like Cripps, its essential we recruit a couple of big bodied mids who can be trained up to help Cripps and allow him some time out of the middle and rest a bit more up forward so he can also expand his game and become a regular goalkicker.
My greatest fear is we will overload Cripps and he will either break down with injury or not develop to his fullest potential...

Here here!!

I don't think Gibbs helps enough here either, though going ok for sure.

Think we need more clearance/contested beasts who can damage the opposition.

Can Steele (Giants) and Jong (Dogs) help? Unsure. But could do.

What about trying to snare Brad, and or, Matt Crouch from the Crows?

Is Jaeger O'Meara (Suns) over priced at the said $ of 750k per season?

Do we chase Dion Prestia (Suns)?

Do we try top get a draft pick that will allow us to pick us Will Brodie (189cm/82kg) in this draft?

Or even better, Hugh McCluggage (185cm/75kg)?

You'll need a top 2-3 pick for this IMHO.

I rate Jordan Gallucci (183cm/75kg), Joe Atley (186cm/84kg), Andy McGrath (180cm/75kg), Tim Taranto (186cm/82kg), Daniel Venables (186cm/81kg) and Jack Scrimshaw (193cm/80kg) in this years draft. Sam Powell-Pepper (186cm/83kg) is another decent option, though not 100% sold on him as a high draft pick.

McGrath a little smaller at 180cm but those first five are a little bigger, though McGrath could handle himself IMO. Scrimshaw, at 193cm, could be a real bolter this year. A leftie and could rise like another leftie in Bontempelli. Needs some size to that frame though.

Reply #58
Here here!!

I don't think Gibbs helps enough here either, though going ok for sure.

Think we need more clearance/contested beasts who can damage the opposition.

Can Steele (Giants) and Jong (Dogs) help? Unsure. But could do.

What about trying to snare Brad, and or, Matt Crouch from the Crows?

Is Jaeger O'Meara (Suns) over priced at the said $ of 750k per season?

Do we chase Dion Prestia (Suns)?

Do we try top get a draft pick that will allow us to pick us Will Brodie (189cm/82kg) in this draft?

Or even better, Hugh McCluggage (185cm/75kg)?

You'll need a top 2-3 pick for this IMHO.

I rate Jordan Gallucci (183cm/75kg), Joe Atley (186cm/84kg), Andy McGrath (180cm/75kg), Tim Taranto (186cm/82kg), Daniel Venables (186cm/81kg) and Jack Scrimshaw (193cm/80kg) in this years draft. Sam Powell-Pepper (186cm/83kg) is another decent option, though not 100% sold on him as a high draft pick.

McGrath a little smaller at 180cm but those first five are a little bigger, though McGrath could handle himself IMO. Scrimshaw, at 193cm, could be a real bolter this year. A leftie and could rise like another leftie in Bontempelli. Needs some size to that frame though.

I like Dylan Clarke from Eastern...185cm/85kg...has played very well for Vic metro recently

Reply #59
Either of the crouches would be good, but good luck getting them out of Adelaide.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson