Skip to main content
Topic: Board change (Read 27676 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Board change

Reply #15
What years did she play for us? :D

Kate Jenkins ‏@Kate_Jenkins_ 1h1 hour ago

Kate Jenkins Retweeted Carlton FC

What an honour! Looking forward to working with @CarltonFC board members and supporters. Go blues!

Reply #17
Cant be any worse than some of the numpties past, present and leaving ie Fahour....the latter was going to be Prez, this and that and didnt end up doing much apart from sacking a lot of postal workers....
Welcome Kate and hope you have a helmet and flak jacket because there are some tough years ahead and the  navy blue natives can get very restless...

Reply #18
Germinder and Fahour not going around again and not being replaced, which takes it from 10 to 8 but this of board members to be ratified by vote on December 22, which I assume is an EGM...or is it the AGM?

AGM = Annual General Meeting is normal, hence Annual.
EGM = Extraordinary General Meeting, which by definition is not normal.

Some new blood, with fresh ideas. Starting up a womens team/league could yield us more members too.

Reply #19
Are you on his contact list too Cookie?  We must both be special people  ;)

As long as it's change for the better . . .

It appears that I am on it DJC- don't know what we did to earn that honour!  :D

Joking aside though, I am starting to feel more positive about our club's future.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
https://twitter.com/search?q=kate+jenkins&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

Hope she does a good job. It isn't a bad thing having a woman on the board. Gives everyone a female perspective and a new opinion. As long as she can help the club move forward. ;)
J Pratt not a woman? ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #21
We also had a female board member in Lauraine Diggins a few years ago.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #23
The bit of hoped for turnover in the board has started sooner than I anticipated. A new face will be a good thing, and will provide a chance for the club to broaden out its wings a little and build something new.

Its easy to forget, but most of what a board does is only sensibly judged in a few years time. Any organisation is a slow learner and it can take years to turn things around.

Personally the gender of our newest board member is utterly irrelevant and seems to be mostly of interest to the barrow pushers. Just want each board member to be filthy about losing, committed to winning and able to keep their ego in check and work with the rest of the board effectively.

Oh and not leak to the media- a habit for which the club has paid a high price for over the years.

Reply #24
What a nonsensical board appointment.

What does Kate Jenkins Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner, know about football?!!

The powers that be at Carlton have now moved 180 degrees, from appointments based on inherited wealth, to those driven by political correctness.

Such decisions can only serve to further alienate die hard Carlton supporters.

Pathetic decision.

Reply #25

What does Kate Jenkins Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commissioner, know about football?!!

The powers that be at Carlton have now moved 180 degrees, from appointments based on inherited wealth, to those driven by political correctness.

Pathetic decision.

Why wouldn't she know anything about football?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #26
She'd know about as much as Zac Fried and Ahmed Fahour knew :( :(

Reply #27
I reckon this will be a great appointment - so many other threads on here bleat about our club having no culture, and we can't move forward until the board is straightened out etc etc.  Well guess what, the old way of appointing ex-footballers turned property developers hasn't done us any favours at all.

The board of a football club should consist of smart people who know how to make a plan,  drive an organisation to achieve that plan,  and make confident decisions - and leave the football bit to those who are employed to do that job.

Do you think Rupert Murdoch knows how to work a TV camera or run a newspaper press?
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #28

Pathetic decision.

She might tidy us up from a employee treatment perspective.

We have not been doing a good enough job in that regard.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #29
Haven't heard from anyone that she is a Carlton supporter.

Couldn't care less if she was a women's rights campaigner or whatever - just could not care less. It is an important issue - don't get me wrong but if that is her only qualification for sitting on the board of a football club I'm baffled.