Skip to main content
Topic: Rd23 v Port Adelaide.  (Read 46944 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd23 v Port Adelaide.

Reply #135
Farewell game or chance to save his spot for Davey ellard?

Nah, reckon Davey is one that Mick will keep.

Gives 100% every time and is a good soldier.

Well I hope so anyway.

I agree with this, until his hamstring went ping he looked to be in the best 22 equation.

I hope thats not true about Jeff.  Although they did mention a groin issue so it might just have been a precaution. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #136
Why did they drop Nick Graham ??

Turned it over a fair bit vs Essendon and needs to pick up the pace of the game.....I'm all for playing kids and I like Graham as I think he can be a smart footballer along the lines of Dane Swan but
Port are very good around the ball and MM probably feels a player like Ellard who tackles well and can stick to a man is more value than Graham who doesnt have a defensive side to his game yet.
Walker is a big in and should allow Gibbs time on the ball and down forward....both Murphy and Gibbs have to step up and lead the team this week..

Exactly. Nick is very green... and was a little exposed in an NBs game when someone sat on him.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #137
DaveyE is not super talented but has a big heart and an X factor.

I think he could keep on getting better and influential in tight play

Reply #138
DaveyE is not super talented but has a big heart and an X factor.

I think he could keep on getting better and influential in tight play

Knows where the goals are too - something 22 guys last week couldn't find!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #139
Hey,
Are we Juiced-Up and ready to fire for the Port Game?

The whole AFL is depressed by Hird's Shame, we can make the finals by default, so Saturday is a do-or-die game!
I don't sense any great enthusiasm?

Win tomorrow, then next week, the season is an outrageous success !
And we could win next week, we play Richmond, we all-but beat them twice!
The following week, probably Hawthorn - love to see Brett Ratten's face when we toss them! And you know, there is a part of Brett's heart which would be elated!
The Blues have legs !!

Where is the enthusiasm - the Carlton website, is as dead as dead as usual! For heaven's sake, get rid of the Professionals and employ some outrageous blue hearted ratbags to run that site!

Reply #140
Hey,
Are we Juiced-Up and ready to fire for the Port Game?

The whole AFL is depressed by Hird's Shame, we can make the finals by default, so Saturday is a do-or-die game!
I don't sense any great enthusiasm?

Win tomorrow, then next week, the season is an outrageous success !
And we could win next week, we play Richmond, we all-but beat them twice!
The following week, probably Hawthorn - love to see Brett Ratten's face when we toss them! And you know, there is a part of Brett's heart which would be elated!
The Blues have legs !!

Where is the enthusiasm - the Carlton website, is as dead as dead as usual! For heaven's sake, get rid of the Professionals and employ some outrageous blue hearted ratbags to run that site!

Maybe even they have had their fingers burned once too often?  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #141
Can not gauge if people her are tipping a win or a loss, looks like this team has finally made us all shy  :)

We have a captain playing on one leg, Judd & Carrazzo in the stands, apart from Simmo & maybe Hendo no inform players and coach who has struggled to get the team up for "must win games.  I can't tip a win, but so much want one, not for the finals but just for the team to show something  :(
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #142
Can not gauge if people her are tipping a win or a loss, looks like this team has finally made us all shy  :)

We have a captain playing on one leg, Judd & Carrazzo in the stands, apart from Simmo & maybe Hendo no inform players and coach who has struggled to get the team up for "must win games.  I can't tip a win, but so much want one, not for the finals but just for the team to show something  :(

Unfortunately for them this is as much of a "Must Win" as you can possibly get in a Home and Away game, only a final is bigger!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #143
D Day folks.  The 4 ins are all good and should bolster the team from last week that won 80% of the game, but couldn't kick straight.

I just want to have a crack at Richmond next week, just for the heck of it. 

As usual, first 5 minutes will tell whether they are switched on or not.

Win by 13 points.

Reply #144
Port Adelaide's injury list as of Monday 26 August is:

Brad Ebert - corked buttock (available)
Cameron Hitchcock – hamstring (assess)
John Butcher – hip (assess)
Dom Cassisi – hamstring tightness (assess)
Paul Stewart – wrist (assess)
Jack Hombsch – cheek (assess)
Jarrad Redden – hip (season)

Hartlett also suspended......

Fopr this match

IN
Tom Logan, Lewis Stevenson, Jack Hombsch, Domenic Cassisi
OUT
Alipate Carlile (Back), Jake Neade (Omitted), Campbell Heath (Omitted), Kane Mitchell (Back)

Carlile a big out, Cassisi must be considered as such - has had numerous 'old player' injuries this year.

Homsch with a cheek (like Murphy's?) could b very uncertain after being listed out for 2-3 weeks back on the 19th.....

Bookies?

Port 1.88, Blues 1.96

Open game.

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2013/23/port-v-carl

We need our guns to step up and play today:

Betts, Garlett, Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murph, Jamo, Walker and Hendo

(also Yarran, Simmo, Robbo)

These guys turn up - we win comfortably - 35+

Otherwise it will go to the wire.

I don't think Port have the artillery to blow us out of the water.

Thisd season averaging 93 points a game - http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/th-port-adelaide-power

K. Cornes still their go to man.

Blues average 96 points a game - http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/th-carlton-blues

Overall comparison:

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_team_comparison?team1_id=14&team2_id=4
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #145
@FB77

Agree, Carlisle is big out for them and we have some very handy ins.

If we turn up we do have an excellent show today - but it's a massive IF.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #146
I hope we build up an unassailable lead early so I can enjoy watching the rest of the game. I've had a gutfull of close finishes.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #147
They don't have much to play for - other than health
I say hit them hard early, they'll naturally retreat for this reason alone

Reply #148
They don't have much to play for - other than health
I say hit them hard early, they'll naturally retreat for this reason alone

I thought this as well but.............

Last game at AAMI and it's the first time PA get to wear traditional jumper.

They will not roll over and we don't scare many.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #149
If the game was in Melbourne I'd be a lot more positive but playing over there in front of a huge pro-Port crowd urging them on doesn't give me a stack of confidence.

They have had a remarkable season turning around their club both on & off the field and I dare say they will not want to stumble at the last hurdle and will be throwing everything possible at us.

We have shown to be vulnerable under immense physical & mental pressure so that is the one thing Hinkley will be telling them to target us with.  
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"