Skip to main content
Topic: Rd23 v Port Adelaide.  (Read 46913 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd23 v Port Adelaide.

Reply #15
Thoughts from AFL site:-

CARLTON
The Blues are expected to be boosted by three key inclusions for their clash with Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium on Saturday. Ruckman Matthew Kreuzer (calf) and club champion fancy Andrew Walker (gastro) were late withdrawals for the clash with Essendon, while leading goalkicker Jeff Garlett (glute) is also expected to return after proving his fitness in the VFL. Others who could be promoted from the VFL include the versatile Jeremy Laidler, midfielders Dave Ellard, Kane Lucas, Rhys O’Keeffe and Jaryd Cachia. - Ben Collins

PORT ADELAIDE
Dom Cassisi could make his return from hamstring tightness this weekend as the Power aim to enter their finals campaign on a high. He's one of several players who will be assessed this week, including Cameron Hitchcock (hamstring) and John Butcher (hip). Paul Stewart (wrist) and Jack Hombsch (cheekbone) are also a chance, having recovered sooner than expected form their injuries. Ben Newton continued his solid SANFL form with 21 possessions and two goals, while Lewis Stevenson (28 disposals, one goal), Darren Pfeiffer (20, three goals) and Tom Clurey (21 possessions, 11 marks) were also impressive. - Harry Thring

Some interesting possible inclusions - maybe a few changes will be made but we need to be better with our goalkicking whoever comes in.  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
My 2 cents, heavy loss coming up and season over and done with (thank fark). I reckon Sat night killed their confidence and will be empty this week. Ins will be irrelavent. Norf will come over the top if they win coz of their %.

If we lose I reckon North are morals they will throw everything at Collingwood.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
North are bigger chokers than we are.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
No one chokes like us. North will beat Collingwood if it matters, happy to take inflated odds from you if you think otherwise.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
You obviously haven't watched much of North this year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #20
Seen enough to be convinced they are going places, unlike us.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
They're the exact same as us. A close competitive loss for us is disgraceful but for them it's going places? Turn it up.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #22
Walkers no certainty I reckon, I saw him yesterday and he looked extremely off colour to me the poor bugger.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23
They're the exact same as us. A close competitive loss for us is disgraceful but for them it's going places? Turn it up.
Have a crack with P2C and put your money where you mouth is then MBB.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #24
Have you seen the way they play compared to us? LMAO. I dare say it's you who hasn't watched enough of them. I'll happily sit down and watch them play for enjoyment purposes, I watch us because we are Carlton, nothing more. In fact if I wasn't a Carlton man our side is the last side that I'd choose to watch play.

They've turned their compettitive losses into a couple of impressive wins in the second half of the year, we've just dropped off. So yes, our second half of the season has been disgraceful whereas they've shown, at least IMO, that they're going places.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25

No chance, the closest I'll get is another dismissive one liner. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #26
Thought this pic from todays training was amusing. I though we should probably start trying to kick them from directly in front first. ::)

IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #27
Have you seen the way they play compared to us? LMAO. I dare say it's you who hasn't watched enough of them. I'll happily sit down and watch them play for enjoyment purposes, I watch us because we are Carlton, nothing more. In fact if I wasn't a Carlton man our side is the last side that I'd choose to watch play.

They've turned their compettitive losses into a couple of impressive wins in the second half of the year, we've just dropped off. So yes, our second half of the season has been disgraceful whereas they've shown, at least IMO, that they're going places.
Its simple really, Norf will win because they have to, we will loose because we have to win. Its in our DNA.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #28
It must have been nice weather in Carlton.

You know its nice when the boys are training outdoors.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #29

Pretty sure the forum doesn't condone gambling as there was an issue with someone not paying up a few years ago. Seriously who in their right frame of mind would put money on North against anyone?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!