Skip to main content
Topic: Rd23 v Port Adelaide.  (Read 47031 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd23 v Port Adelaide.

Reply #75
So, out of all of the wreckage and cr@p plus a "dead rubber", excitement and endless speculation can be generated!  :))
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #76
Last ever game there at Football Park, it isn't going to be easy!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
There's surely no chance of Richmond losing to the scum, therefore if we make the finals Richmond it will be.

Richmond might rest half their side and hope the roos beat the pies so they can play Port rather than the blues or the roos who beat them last time out.

You know what they say though, don't flirt with form, especially before the finals.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #78
Agreed. Bombers tanked against the tigers in the last rd of 2001 to avoid playing us and then smashed them the following week. Lost the grand final though.

Pies lay down to Geelong in the last rd of 2011, lost to them in the grand final.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #79
Fk it I've seen one final live since 2002, one final! Chances are we won't see another one for a few years so fk it, this is a must win game and to play Bichmond on a Saturday arvo in front of 80k, hey I'm up for that. Must win game. I believe we can do it.

For sure and I will be having a look around for where I chucked my membership after the Essendon game if we win but we all know this group. Nothing can be surer than a disappointing performance here.

Reply #80
Agreed. Bombers tanked against the tigers in the last rd and then smashed them the following week. Lost the grand final.

Pies lay down to Geelong in the last rd of 2011, lost to them in the grand final.

'94  :(

Reply #81
I was not confident of anything until last night.  At the end of footy classified they all did their "predictions" for this weekend, and every single one of them between Caro, Lloyd, Lyon and Hutchy wrote us off.

That means we are destined to win.  Why?  Because no one thinks we will and are making the mistake of overating Port.

Hartlett is out, Wingard got subbed off with a groin injury, I reckon they are cooked, and North wont beat Collingwood.

So, my result is that this is the environment in which our boys come out and make a statement.  Whatever happens, we will win this weekend.  The following week, we are a chance to beat both Collingwood and Richmond, although Collingwood have lifted it a cog or two over the last four weeks, and will dispose of North quite easily I think.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #82
The good thing is from now on we will be underdogs for however many weeks remain in our season... so the players won't get ahead of themselves and think its a shoe in.

I won't be attending though, too many other things on.

Reply #83
I was not confident of anything until last night.  At the end of footy classified they all did their "predictions" for this weekend, and every single one of them between Caro, Lloyd, Lyon and Hutchy wrote us off.

That means we are destined to win.  Why?  Because no one thinks we will and are making the mistake of overating Port.

Hartlett is out, Wingard got subbed off with a groin injury, I reckon they are cooked, and North wont beat Collingwood.

So, my result is that this is the environment in which our boys come out and make a statement.  Whatever happens, we will win this weekend.  The following week, we are a chance to beat both Collingwood and Richmond, although Collingwood have lifted it a cog or two over the last four weeks, and will dispose of North quite easily I think.

Im with you, i think they have hit their wall and with out harlett it makes it much worse. 

I think finishing 8 or 5 is the box seat in the bottom 4 of the 8 as you avoid potentially interstate.  Massive Massive opportunity if they want to take it , get to the second week and at the least give it shake

Reply #84
Don't be disappointed if they disappoint - be pleased if they please!  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #85
So out of all the crap in season 2013 comes opportunity. I had given away this season, after the loss the the dogs. However we are now in a position to take the opportunity handed to us and run with it.

I can think of no greater opportunity for the club to draw a line in the sand, put their heads down and get the job done in Adelaide. We are being tipped against left right and centre, we have injuries and poor form.

STAND UP, it begins here.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #86
So out of all the crap in season 2013 comes opportunity. I had given away this season, after the loss the the dogs. However we are now in a position to take the opportunity handed to us and run with it.

I can think of no greater opportunity for the club to draw a line in the sand, put their heads down and get the job done in Adelaide. We are being tipped against left right and centre, we have injuries and poor form.

I can. Last Saturday night at the G was the ultimate line-in-the-sand opportunity. The boys sure did put their heads down... while they were bent over letting the Bummers have their way with us AGAIN.  :-\

Who knows which Carlton will show up this week.  Decent injury list and plenty of inexperienced players likely to be named means its impossible to know.  Any odds on if Joseph and Duigan will get another game?  Perhaps its time for MM to unleash Laidler  ::)
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #87
There's surely no chance of Richmond losing to the scum, therefore if we make the finals Richmond it will be.

Richmond might rest half their side and hope the roos beat the pies so they can play Port rather than the blues or the roos who beat them last time out.

Be alot of incentive for Richmond to "tank" this week. Playing Port at home would be so better for the Tigers than playing North or Carlton.

Reply #88

Be alot of incentive for Richmond to "tank" this week. Playing Port at home would be so better for the Tigers than playing North or Carlton.

This game is EFCs one and only final!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #89

If nothing else, we are consitant and falling over when it counts most. Last week v the scum, we had to win and didnt. We will lose this week, nothing surer.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time