Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 18: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 12789 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 18: Carlton vs Gold Coast

And the winner is _____________.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 18: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #1
Winner is Carlton , back to back first time for 2 yrs

Reply #2
Well, a win’s a win. Not very convincing but good for the youngsters to get in the habit. Smashed out of the middle and please don’t quote centre clearance stats.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #3
GC kept coming once we let them get a sniff.
Love the way Brodie plays. He'd look good in Navy..

Congratulations to Teague and the boys.

I felt like we were going to get over run at times. We seemed to lose focus for periods. I guess it'll take a while for that confidence to return ????.

Credit to our boys though. They stuck at it and had some brilliant passages of play.

Jonesy looked out of sorts 1st game back. Back to his courageous interceptor best this week. Our seniors are showing real leadership and getting plenty of the ball.

Deluca looked cooked at times but his skill is evident. Good debut and a nice goal. Welcome Josh.

4 more points on the board. I'll take that.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #4
After my commitments at our racewalking club I decided to watch the last half. An hour or so of my life I won't get back. 15 min of ourstanding football, great skills then 20 min of bludging and crap, poor skills and workrate. Then a last qtr where we did enough to stop them scoring while not doing much ourselves.

Nothing a killer instinct won't fix. Could've won by whatever we wanted but "chose" to win by 4 goals....grrrr. Easiest 4 goal win ever.

Reply #5
I'm happy with that.
It wasn't flash, but as a few folks in the pre match thread pointed out that this was a different kind of test for coach and players we came out of it OK.
For a change we went in favourites. the team we were playing have been embarrassed the last couple of games but as expected they brought a much better effort to the contest today.

Reply #6
Near enough to a certainty as you're ever going to see,  other mob are playing for a PP.  

How long till Lukosious walks out and heads to SA?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #7
Bit quiet on here?

Four from six........
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #9
I still maintain the Suns are a failed experiment.  As for us. it makes me wonder if we eased up a bit for next week.

Our % would be in the 90s save for some shocking blowouts

Reply #10
Happy to take the win as I wasn't as confident as most that it would be an easy kill.

Was at the game and there were periods where we were allowed a lot of space and time, would have loved to pile on kick 5 goals in a hurry as good teams do. Nevertheless we always had their measure and there were some promising signs. 

We are no longer a one man team and can win when Cripps doesn't play a blinder. Our defence is bloody solid and Jones and Weitering are rocks down back. Great to see blokes like Ed, Murphy and Thomas in such consistent form. Kennedy finally looking like he belongs - may have found a spot as medium goal kicking forward.

SPS second quarter was A grade standard and Walsh is some sort of footballer. Cant wait to watch this bloke as he gets more games under his belt.

Cas is in career best form and Jack is underrated as a utility. He is more then handy as a part time mid and gives us real grunt when Cripps is being held. It took a while but I'm now a fan and hope all supporters accept this kid now!

Will need to play better against Crows to get the points. Hopefully Charlie returns.        

Reply #11
We were horrible for 90% of the game, really, really horrible - soft, lazy, unaccountable, bereft of skill.

Almost to a player.

The other 10% - good stuff.

Glad my two little ones experienced a win at their first big league game!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #12
Was at the game and was expecting a 10 goal win. We got 6 goals up and i thought we were on track. Then we just about stopped. We were on 99 points halfway through the last....and were still on 99 points at the siren.

Not sure when the last time we played bad and won was, but we were lucky the opposition was Gold Coast because any other team would've seen an 'L' today.

Boys look absolutely stuffed at the end. Siren went and players just slumped to the ground.

I picked 1 matchup that was crucial in the pre-game, and unfortunately it was one we lost. Witts vs Kreuzer. Only 1 player wearing navy blue had a worse supercoach score today and it was the debutant we picked up in the mid season draft - Deluca...and i think he did well.

Unfortunately Cripps was 3rd worst in terms of supercoach scores and continues to hobble around. Looked to have hurt his ankle or something at some stage but tried to soldier on. I'm worried for him.

In other news, heard Goddard speak at the pre-match, reckons he could be 1-2 weeks away and its just up to him to declare himself fit really. Still sporting stitches in the side of his head, and a swollen jaw, but should be back in business soon.

Reply #13
If mckay was fit I'll go he.

Couldn't kick it over a jam tin, and hobbled around.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #14
We were horrible for 90% of the game, really, really horrible - soft, lazy, unaccountable, bereft of skill.

Almost to a player.

The other 10% - good stuff.

Glad my two little ones experienced a win at their first big league game!

Agree with this. I actually enjoyed the Collingwood loss earlier in the year more because we played better that day.

The side looked a little bit VFLish and played that way - we lack foot speed across the ground and desperately needed a spark that Cunningham, Williamson, Docherty, Curnow, Dow can all provide. desperate for a couple of these to come in plus CCurnow.

Plowman again the chief turnover culprit in defence.

Umpiring was atrocious today. I’ve been keeping a close eye on umpire no.26 across a few games and he simply will not award a kick to Carlton unless somebody is decapitated. It’s happened repeatedly and needs to be raised with the AFL.