Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 18: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 12887 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 18: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #15
Boys look absolutely stuffed at the end. Siren went and players just slumped to the ground.

Simpson was done like a dinner

DeLuca looked to be struggling half way through....bent over on the boundary line catching his breath.
Obviously a step-up.

Must have been a demanding game in terms of running.

Reply #16
We were horrible for 90% of the game, really, really horrible - soft, lazy, unaccountable, bereft of skill.

Almost to a player.

The other 10% - good stuff.

Glad my two little ones experienced a win at their first big league game!

We looked like the arrogant Carlton teams of the 80s. Did what had to do when we had to do it. Got 7 goals up and just went through the motions. When we did turn it on we were classes above. Could've won by 12, won by 4. Last 45 min was enough to drive one crazy. First 15 min the 3rd qtr, just outstanding, after that, blah. Never going to lose. Like I said, easiest 4 goal win ever.

Next thing to develop........a killer instinct!

Reply #17
Glad deLuca kicked the ball straight a few times.

The other lefties - LOB and big H - were simply f...n disgraceful with their kicking.

I'd be demanding they send half their match fee to a local charity.

Zero wind, zero moisture etc. - perfect conditions, yet.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #18
Pies smashed by 47.

Good day all round!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #19
ps though Weiters, Jones and Plow were good given the ease with which we let them run through the middle....and the way in which they smashed us at centre clearances.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #20
How close were we to being undefeated under Teague.

Reply #21
ps though Weiters, Jones and Plow were good given the ease with which we let them run through the middle....and the way in which they smashed us at centre clearances.....

Agree.

Someone was potting Plowman earlier, but from what i saw he cut off way more passes than he handed back to the opposition. If everyone can cut off more than they give up, we win every game!

Reply #22
Not sure if Lang got a knock today or if its just him, but i was watching him run onto the ground in the 3rd/4th quarter after an interchange and he looked very sore and/or very slow. He looked like he was going for a half decent jog to come on, and someone else came on a few seconds later (Setterfield?) and despite putting in a lot less effort in his jog, caught up and passed Lang like he was Usain Bolt.

Lang was making Brock McLean look like Michael Long.

For our sake i hope he was just a bit sore, otherwise he's the slowest player on our list...and by some margin.

Reply #23
Ho hum, another win, getting boring and what cr@p they dished up!  ::)

I don't care how we do it as long as we win. We are a bit rusty in this dept so we have to wait a bit longer for a  real %age booster.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
I wonder if the cheer squad will get another 'please explain' after chanting "The umpire's a wanker" in the last quarter.

Its true though, he was.

Reply #25
Weitering, Harry, Levi and Jones 41 marks between them, all in the double figures.

Reply #26
I wonder if the cheer squad will get another 'please explain' after chanting "The umpire's a wanker" in the last quarter.

Its true though, he was.

I heard that from the top deck.

Reply #27

Its true though, he was.

The umps played their hearts out trying to keep the Suns in the game at times.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #28
Umpiring was atrocious today. I’ve been keeping a close eye on umpire no.26 across a few games and he simply will not award a kick to Carlton unless somebody is decapitated. It’s happened repeatedly and needs to be raised with the AFL.

Such a fascinating and unique aspect of our game. In the third q there were 4 consecutive decisions which were plain wrong. 2 went against us and 2 were incorrectly awarded to the Suns. The sequence started when one of their players was caught in a brilliant tackle and dropped the ball yet the closest umpire called play on. The ball travelled to their end of the ground where a less obvious case of “incorrect disposal” was awarded against us in their goalsquare. From the 4 decisions they scored 2 goals and the momentum of the game had shifted.

Yet the guy I was with was a neutral supporter who was bemused by the anger and vitriol directed at the umpires. He seriously thought there was nothing untoward and, if anything, the Blues were getting the rub of the green!

He left early in the last so I didn’t get his take on the way Murph was held without the ball. I suspect he would have just laughed and told me I was biased and blind.

Maybe it’s impossible to be neutral if you’re NOT a Carlton supporter?  Maybe he hates Carlton as much as umpire no. 26?
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #29
Was at the game and tale of two types of game - tearing hair out and ecstatic!

Umpiring really pissed me off - literally what was happening for them getting paid was not getting paid for us. Quite a few times over. Extremely frustrating.

Boys looked extremely lethargic end of third and fourth - where’s our awesome fitness guy? Or else the Syd game really smashed them?