Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2019 Rd 18: Northern Blues vs Collingwood (Read 3255 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL 2019 Rd 18: Northern Blues vs Collingwood

This game is a curtain raiser for Sunday's extravaganza at Marvel.
Team:
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL 2019 Rd 18: Northern Blues vs Collingwood

Reply #1
For those that cannot get to the game it live on 70 from 11:30am as it is a curtain raiser to the Carlton V WCE game.

Reply #2
Northern Blues

B: 26. H. Macreadie, 80. K. Keppel, 19. A. Schumacher
HB: 46. M. Cottrell, 51. A. Johnson,
C: 55. J.  O’Rourke, 75. F.  Anderson, 13. L.  Stocker
HF: 28. D. Cuningham, 32. A. Fasolo, 44. M. Owies
F: 42. K. LeBois, 53. J. Palmer, 27. M. Lobbe
R: 12. T. De Koning, 0. S. Fisher, 2. P. Dow
Int: 68. J. El Moussalli, 60. J. Hill, 38. F. O’Dwyer, , 57. E. Penrith, 29. C. Polson, 37. B. Silvagni, 52. M. Stavrou, 66. G. Strachan
23P: 70. K. Quirk

In: D. Cuningham, , F. O’Dwyer, P. Dow, H. Macreadie

Out: J. Garlett

Up to date.

Collingwood

B: 31. F. Appleby, 47. M. Keane, 64. C. Lane
HB: 6. T. Goldsack, 44. J. Madgen, 12. M. Scharenberg
C: 34. T.  Brown, 56. C.  Hustwaite, 39. B.  Crocker
HF: 29. T. Broomhead, 59. S. Glover, 63. C. Wellings
F: 40. A. Bosenavulagi, 54. A. Gallucci, 48. T. Wilson
R: 45. M. Lynch, 33. R. Wills, 0. A. Woodward
Int: 58. T. Cameron, 26. J. Daicos, 72. B. Knight, 60. M. Marotta, 16. C. Mayne, 28. N. Murphy, 49. J. Noble, 73. A. Oxley, 67. M. Smith, 74. R. Smith, 51. L. Tardrew, 43. A. Tohill
23P: 66. D. Stanford

In: B. Knight, J. Daicos, N. Murphy, J. Noble, C. Hustwaite, D. Stanford, M. Scharenberg, B. Crocker, C. Mayne, R. Smith

Out: L. Howe, S. Ralph
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
We're on TV! 8 min into the 1st qtr, nil all. We kicked 2 out of the full from 30m.

Reply #4
That was exciting we're 1.0.6 to them 0.5.5 at qtr time. We dumped 4 out on the full..lol.

Reply #5
Paddy Dow is annoying the crape out of me again, just trotting around like a headless chook hoping he’ll get the footy, can’t make a tackle, etc.... this is what he does in the seniors  and the reason he gets minimum touches imo. He has wasted this year imo, and he’d want to pull the finger out next year....he has turned off this year  >:( >:(

Reply #6
Could not play any more crap if we tried.

Reply #7
There is no words to describe how bad we are playing. 69-22 3/4 time.

Reply #8
This happens again and again.
How do we do it?

Embarrassing. We'll be banished from curtain raisers next...????
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #9
Everything on the line with a win putting us into the 8 and we served up that $hit.

Reply #10
Northern Blues   1.0-6   3.1-19   3.4-22   5.7-37
Collingwood   0.5-5   4.6-30   10.9-69   12.13-85

I still can't believe we played so poorly. Even with the team we put out on the park.

NORTHERN BLUES
Goal Kickers: J. Palmer 4, B. Silvagni
Best Players: P. Dow, F. Anderson, A. Fasolo, S. Fisher, J. Palmer, J. Hill

COLLINGWOOD
Goal Kickers: T. Wilson 2, S. Glover 2, A. Gallucci 2, A. Tohill 2, A. Bosenavulagi 2, J. Noble, D. Stanford
Best Players: J. Madgen, T. Brown, A. Woodward, S. Glover, F. Appleby, T. Wilson
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
I didn't see it all but Dow was putrid in the moments I saw him....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #12
That was rubbish. Hand back your pay cheques. Pure rubbish. Silvagni is how can I say? Lazy. Jack makes you look like a waste. If you don’t change, you will never make it in the AFL. Was he adopted? Can’t be the same DNA? Surely not.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #13
That was rubbish. Hand back your pay cheques. Pure rubbish. Silvagni is how can I say? Lazy. Jack makes you look like a waste. If you don’t change, you will never make it in the AFL. Was he adopted? Can’t be the same DNA? Surely not.

Firstly, he's just a kid, might be the same age but he is not the same maturity as his big brother, few little siblings are.

The laconic character and perceived lack of desire is/was one of the big questions that hung over his drafting. No doubt that when he goes he's got all the abilities, perhaps even in excess of his brother's ability, but he doesn't use them nearly as effectively and certainly not as frequently.

Ben's got time to prove that the scribes are wrong if he wants to, it's up to him, he could be a win or he could be another Nathan Ablett. A mate made this comment, Ben might actually need to get away from his brother and father to get the best out of himself. It's a fair comment, it's hard enough to play in the shadow of your legendary old man not to mention your big brother, I hope not!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
I would suggest the Fox Footy Report Card has a different interpretation of  Ben Silvagni's game.