Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 21: Carlton vs. Richmond (Read 17085 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 21: Carlton vs. Richmond

Reply #30
We also don’t continue running as far as we can when we’re clear,
Which is frustrating.

Frustrating game to watch, I hate the Tigers

Reply #31
Jones and Weitering did well but neither guy can do what Casboult was doing a few weeks as far as intercept marking. His numbers were better than Jeremy McGovern's.

Jones absolutely flogged Riewoldt today....and had quite a few intercept marks today, 7 actually, as well as 15 1%ers (which is usually spoils).
Casboult wishes he could do what Jones did today.

Reply #32
Thought Plow was good.

How about bloke's like Fisher, LOB, Gibbo (today) and Lang who provided zip defensive pressure....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #33
It's watching games like today that you learn about the long term benefit of coaches who whinge about umpiring!

It's not about the count, it's about what Nthmond get away with!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34
Tigers - of their games after the bye (9 in total), 8 in Melbourne, 7 at the G.

How is that fair?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #35
Why Kennedy was dropped is beyond me.   DeLuca needs to do more.   Lang has run out of credits.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #36
It's watching games like today that you learn about the long term benefit of coaches who whinge about umpiring!

Telling response from the umpire when perennial whinger Reiwoldt thought he was hard done by.

Umpire: you actually had hold of him (Jones).

Ummm, yeah - so why didn’t Jones get a free?
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #37

Is umpiring such a difficult job?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #38
Tigers - of their games after the bye (9 in total), 8 in Melbourne, 7 at the G.

How is that fair?

Its not but they were too good for us today and minus Cotchin and Dusty on a dirty day we should have done better, they had a lot of kids in
but still were in control and got a more even spread of contributors. We had players who hardly touched the ball all day and the effort levels were down IMO.
Jones and Weitering were very good and reduced the damage but there wasnt much to get excited about, agree on Kennedy too, a mystifying decision not to play him in those conditions IMO.

Reply #39
I thought Plowman was good to very good in the first quarter and I'm not his #1 fan

Reply #40
There is no doubt that McGovern looked trimmer, moved freer and was far more involved than previous weeks. He obviously lacked match practice but I think the effort was there. He’ll be ok.

Reply #41
According to the injury update for R21 (posted on the 6th August), Cuningham played 78 minutes in the VFL last week, pulled up ok and was in the mix for selection for today's game. He was listed in the lineup for today's VFL game, but I don't know if he played.
I was watching the VFL game from the 2nd quarter and he wasn't out there - hopefully it's nothing serious

Reply #42
Thought Plow was good.

How about bloke's like Fisher, LOB, Gibbo (today) and Lang who provided zip defensive pressure....

Agree that Fisher, LOB were very quiet today and seem to be crawling to the line for the end of the year

Gibbo, Deluca & Lang wouldn't be getting a game at many clubs in the AFL.

Reply #43
Same old results as previous years we kick ball long to fwd line and they run it out and score easy goals  until we find runners ,ball catrriers  we are a middle table team