Skip to main content

Poll

Which Party will receive your first preference vote at this Federal election?

ALP
[ 12 ] (48%)
LNP
[ 6 ] (24%)
Greens
[ 0 ] (0%)
One Nation
[ 2 ] (8%)
Other Official Party (Palmer, Hinch, Katter, Bernardi etc)
[ 3 ] (12%)
Independent
[ 2 ] (8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: May 20, 2019, 09:17:02 am

Topic: Federal Election 2019 (Read 10131 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Federal Election 2019

Reply #45
If they didn't win this time they never will,  and I can understand their pain looking at the cast of deadsh1ts that are going to be "managing" the country going forwards.....Freydenberg, Dutton,  Joyce and the fringe loonies like Pauline and Anning and the cane toad from Queensland chucking rocks from the sidelines.   The country is deadset fuc****ed.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #46
Anning and Abbott are goneski  - be thankful for that Prof.

Shame Dutton got back. Big shame....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #47
If they didn't win this time they never will,  and I can understand their pain looking at the cast of deadsh1ts that are going to be "managing" the country going forwards.....Freydenberg, Dutton,  Joyce and the fringe loonies like Pauline and Anning and the cane toad from Queensland chucking rocks from the sidelines.   The country is deadset fuc****ed.

Anning is gone, lost the Vote. Frydenburg is the only Lib who I actually like. Coherent, clever, classy fella, don’t mind him at all. The rest of them...meh.

This election was about Labor losing and Labor MPs voting the wrong guy in as Leader all those years ago. Albo and Plibersek will be going at it hammer and tongs, manning the phones and garnering votes. If they go too left wing or start virtue signalling incessantly and pointing fingers like Tanya just did on ABC Insiders blaming the Libs for losing, like the US Dems did after losing to Trump, then Morrison will win again.

At the end of the day however, it’s a bloody great Country and that won’t change over the next three or perhaps six years and, shockingly Liberal MPs also love this Country too. ;)
Keep the Faith

Reply #48
Spectacular fail for the election was the CSC poll ::) :D

Reply #51
Spectacular fail for the election was the CSC poll ::) :D

One has to wonder if our poll and the election have a commonality, specifically relating to the locations of voters?

Labor got Adani wrong in Qld, and Climate Change wrong in NSW. Qld want the mine because they want the jobs, NSW wants cheap power and they don't give a rats-ar5e where it comes from as long as it is not their backyard. WA want more GST and they get it through tax cuts for big business.

Victoria and Tassie will be in for a hiding over the next three years, ScoMo won't forget, so you can expect those states to do it tough in massive federal funding battles! ;)

Another massive blunder Bill made, and his supporters, after going into warfare with News Ltd they still chose to believe the polls News Ltd published!

For the Greens and Left, it looks like addressing climate change comes down to a miracle! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52

Be worse too if the Libs need senate help from the lunatic fringe...imagine what Palmer and Pauline will be asking for in return....

Reply #53
I'm not one for politics but I watched part of the debate between scomo and Bill and I thought Bill flogged him. So all the anti bill comments about his media performances and can't be trusted I dont quite get.

I think the influence of Palmer and Pauline is what won the election for the libs....and that's a scary foreshadowing of us going down the US path.

Agree on Palmer, Pauline and i'd also add the Greens....the latter have been taking votes off Labor and have really worked against them IMO.
If there were no Greens most of those votes would go to Labor. The other problem Labor have that Penny Wong alluded too was that Labor cannot buy a vote in rural/mining areas
and she said that Queensland was always going to be a tough ask even though the polls were saying different. Jobs were always going to win out over the environment and that even with a Labor State Govt they cant win those outer areas.

Reply #54
One has to wonder if our poll and the election have a commonality, specifically relating to the locations of voters?

I suspect you may be right...
We wont know, because it's an anonymous poll, but most of those who participated in our poll were probably Victorians, a state where Labor did best.

Reply #55
I suspect you may be right...
We wont know, because it's an anonymous poll, but most of those who participated in our poll were probably Victorians, a state where Labor did best.

It would be nice if it was possible to have two part Polling questions, like who and where?

More like a set of survey questions if you like!

I can imagine Polls like,

Q1; "Should Player A retire?" Yes or No

Q2; "If Yes which current player should replace them, B, C, D or E?"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56
It's a depressing result, however you cut it.

Reply #57
It's a depressing result, however you cut it.

Why?  It makes no difference who's in charge anyway.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #58
Why?  It makes no difference who's in charge anyway.

Their track record on issues I care about is dismal. Whilst I accept that Labor is not much better, and that the two parties are now like two shades of beige, I still prefer Dunmore Cream over Shelburne Buff.

One of the reasons I have mixed feelings about the Hawke / Keating era is that to me it represents the beginning of the end of genuine choice and genuine differences between Labor and Liberal. Whilst this is hardly unique to Australia, it is depressing nevertheless.

Reply #59
If the states were smarter they would float themselves on the stock exchange like a corporation, it would completely change politics and funding models and kill off nutters like Palmer having any real influence!

Keep it to Registered Voters that can buy and sell shares, and not just state residents but any Australian National / Resident. That gives me a say in what happens in my country at a much finer level than the Federal Election!
The Force Awakens!