Skip to main content
Topic: Prespakis charged for tackle on Sarah Hosking - Appeal fails - 1 week suspension (Read 4721 times) previous topic - next topic

Prespakis charged for tackle on Sarah Hosking - Appeal fails - 1 week suspension

So its happened. It shouldn't of, but it has.

It has been graded as....
Careless
Medium Impact
High Contact.

She can take 1 week suspension with an early plea.

We have until 11am tomorrow to respond.

I'm not sure which angle we'd choose to attack, but considering Sarah Hosking was able to take her kick....and played out the game and would surely back up Maddie P in any tribunal meeting (They hugged after the game).....i don't know the charges can stick.

Re: Prespakis charged for tackle on Sarah Hosking.

Reply #2
She's in trouble. Take the week.

Reply #3
So its happened. It shouldn't of, but it has.

It has been graded as....
Careless
Medium Impact
High Contact.

She can take 1 week suspension with an early plea.

We have until 11am tomorrow to respond.

I'm not sure which angle we'd choose to attack, but considering Sarah Hosking was able to take her kick....and played out the game and would surely back up Maddie P in any tribunal meeting (They hugged after the game).....i don't know the charges can stick.
If it the one the replayed over and over how can it be high contact, the side on slow motion from the 2nd angle showed Sarah's head didn't really hit the turf it was her shoulder!

Maybe it's another incident?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Hosking came back on and wasn't concussed for what its worth.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
Fight it!

Any competent sports biomechanics analyst should be able to present a watertight case.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
If it the one the replayed over and over how can it be high contact, the side on slow motion from the 2nd angle showed Sarah's head didn't really hit the turf it was her shoulder!

Maybe it's another incident?

I linked it above.

Reply #7
Hosking came back on and wasn't concussed for what its worth.

Not only that, she jumped to her feet and took the kick. Played on for another 5 - 10 minutes before prespakis buried her in another tackle....which she jumped up from.....and THEN they gave her a concussion test

Reply #8
Fight it!

Any competent sports biomechanics analyst should be able to present a watertight case.
Yes, as a sport we can't have MRP matters being decided by commentators, the kid was prosecuted, judged and executed by the jerk behind the microphone.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
More evidence that the AFL(W) is corrupt.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #10
Yes, as a sport we can't have MRP matters being decided by commentators, the kid was prosecuted, judged and executed by the jerk behind the microphone.
Don't beat around the bush.....it was Kelly Underwood that got her convicted.

Reply #11
I don't follow the AflW closely  but given the game is in its infancy it looks over umpired and any head high contact is going to be acted on so the game remains clean and attractive as a brand to young women.
If you get a few players seriously injured with head high tackles then it's going to be highlighted and the game questioned about being safe for young women so I would be expecting it be over sanitised until it is more established.

Reply #12
If you get a few players seriously injured with head high tackles then it's going to be highlighted and the game questioned about being safe for young women so I would be expecting it be over sanitised until it is more established.
But it has to be a high tackle, you can't just label an event that for political or personal purposes!

Prespakis tackle was nothing of the sort, she actually ended up underneath Sarah Hosking for the initial impact!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Don't beat around the bush.....it was Kelly Underwood that got her convicted.
 Next thing you'll be telling me Kelli Underwood is a Feral supporter calling her own team!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
But it has to be a high tackle, you can't just label an event that for political or personal purposes!

Prespakis tackle was nothing of the sort, she actually ended up underneath Sarah Hosking for the initial impact!

Wasnt the charge medium impact, high contact..? the player went off too?
I'm not saying MaddieP was guilty but its all about the look of the game especially in a new brand you are trying to sell.....