Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 434431 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1890
It seems that some tennis players aren’t happy with the quarantine arrangements and aren’t complying.

They should pull their heads in and abide by the rules or take the next available flight.

Interesting contrast in attitudes between 'team players' of the AFL and their overwhelmingly positive/constructive attitude to quarantine (there were only a few knobs) and the attitude of those in an 'individual' sport. And our players had it for months.

Interview with Pat Cash revealed that Tennis Australia had gone to extraordinary lengths to inform all tennis players of all scenarios in the event of a C-19 positive and resultant quarantining. And the need for quarantining in general.

Any player, manager, support staff person etc. who continues to complain about the strict measures in place to protect them and OUR community can FO. I'd be happy to kick in a fiver to help out with travel out of the country... along with a size 9 boot to the dot.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1891

@PaulP

Nice link Paul, but didn't you know, lockdown is doom and gloom?

The fate of the nation rests with the Feds, no matter how much responsibility they shun!

I wonder how Josh will spin this  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1892
If accurate this is a bit disturbing.

Coronavirus UK: COVID's long-term damage sending one in three patients back to hospital within five months (theage.com.au)

As I read it, functionally without further interventions it means long term deaths from COVID will double after a sufficient period of time. That is 30% of Long COVID cases returned to hospital within a year, and 1 in 10 of those perished!

Long COVID indeed! :o

Sort of makes a mockery of economic rationalist arguments, the full price of not acting is going to skyrocket, Dan might well be a dictator but he's done us a mighty favour it seems!

Piss on the anti-maskers and COVID deniers at every opportunity, they are killing people.

FMD what has Trump done! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1893
If accurate this is a bit disturbing.

Coronavirus UK: COVID's long-term damage sending one in three patients back to hospital within five months (theage.com.au)

As I read it, functionally without further interventions it means long term deaths from COVID will double after a sufficient period of time. That is 30% of Long COVID cases returned to hospital within a year, and 1 in 10 of those perished!

Long COVID indeed! :o

Sort of makes a mockery of economic rationalist arguments, the full price of not acting is going to skyrocket, Dan might well be a dictator but he's done us a mighty favour it seems!

Piss on the anti-maskers and COVID deniers at every opportunity, they are killing people.

FMD what has Trump done! :o

one of this issues with this whole argument is that its very all or nothing.

We cannot continue to shut everything down and live a paralysed life, hiding from life because it might hospitalise people.

Sure, take the preventative measures where practical if practical.

Where its not practical, or practicable though the fix seems to be a worse outcome in some cases.  The lady who killed herself and her 3 kids, is just the beginning.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1894
Why do we not blame the real cause ... China and Wuhan.  They are the creeping cancer

Reply #1895
Why do we not blame the real cause ... China and Wuhan.  They are the creeping cancer
PC
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1896
Careful,  you'll be tagged with the R word.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1897
Couldnt agree more, origins of Covid are still unknown and we still have rumours of it being started via a Laboratory.
The Chinese are Trump like in denials and ridiculous counter claims it didnt start in China but in the USA etc.
Bully boys economically and have the world health organisation by the Biggie smalls, pity the lesser well off countries accepting their vaccine offerings too..

Reply #1898
I notice the corporate psychopaths want everyone back in the office ASAP.

The motivation isn't that people working from home are less productive, the problem is the corporate psychopath is inherently paranoid and the poor bastards are running themselves into the ground trying to keep watch over the dispersed staff. They want them back in the pig pen so they can stroll around and laud over them in the old bullying ways! Staff working from home, out of the eyeline, is the paranoid psychopaths worst nightmare!

But there is a problem for the psychopath, it turns out not running the office block, not having a tower of power, is more profitable for the crew in the big house. Once the IT crews solved the security and paranoia issues that good corporate governance required, working from home was a no brainer. Operating costs have plummeted, there has been no real hit on productivity, and the Board Executives are already eyeing bigger bonusses, ........................... the only real loser is the psychopath!

Even worse, it's good for the environment, CO2 emissions have plummeted, there is less traffic, staff having acclimatised are less stressed, and the bulk of the bad eggs have left the building(quit or sacked) because taking work home was their worst nightmare given they spend all day working harder at getting out of it than actually doing anything!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1899
Couldnt agree more, origins of Covid are still unknown and we still have rumours of it being started via a Laboratory.
The Chinese are Trump like in denials and ridiculous counter claims it didnt start in China but in the USA etc.
Bully boys economically and have the world health organisation by the Biggie smalls, pity the lesser well off countries accepting their vaccine offerings too..

EB, I read somewhere that there was much funding and cooperation from the West, including Australia btw, for research in China  into viruses including Covid. Maybe we have ourselves to blame, at least partly.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #1900
.... interesting LP.  The power savings must have been extraordinary.  Puts those extinction morons out of a "job", house sales with an integrated connected office escalate. 

But just as many blessings in that as there are curses.  Transurban profits plummet.  So it goes

Reply #1901
I notice the corporate psychopaths want everyone back in the office ASAP.

The motivation isn't that people working from home are less productive, the problem is the corporate psychopath is inherently paranoid and the poor bastards are running themselves into the ground trying to keep watch over the dispersed staff. They want them back in the pig pen so they can stroll around and laud over them in the old bullying ways! Staff working from home, out of the eyeline, is the paranoid psychopaths worst nightmare!

But there is a problem for the psychopath, it turns out not running the office block, not having a tower of power, is more profitable for the crew in the big house. Once the IT crews solved the security and paranoia issues that good corporate governance required, working from home was a no brainer. Operating costs have plummeted, there has been no real hit on productivity, and the Board Executives are already eyeing bigger bonusses, ........................... the only real loser is the psychopath!

Even worse, it's good for the environment, CO2 emissions have plummeted, there is less traffic, staff having acclimatised are less stressed, and the bulk of the bad eggs have left the building(quit or sacked) because taking work home was their worst nightmare given they spend all day working harder at getting out of it than actually doing anything!

I know many people who have hated working from home, and are not able to do their job properly and are therefore relying on others to enable working from home.

Similarly I know many that have thrived.

I dont think you can state with confidence that working from home has been good for everyone.  It will change as the kids go to school again, but I'd wager that productivity was not maintained from all people.  There are possibly ways to see resources who failed at working from home effectively.  they wouldnt have done the job all that well I am confident.  Some have even relied heavily on onsite resources to get the job done, and have spent more time distracting onsite staff with pointless zoom and webex meetings just to fill in the day.  Lots of talk, no action.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1902
Some have even relied heavily on onsite resources to get the job done, and have spent more time distracting onsite staff with pointless zoom and webex meetings just to fill in the day.  Lots of talk, no action.
I agree there is a mix of success and failure, but those I've talked with who have complained about remote working frequently have a common theme of excessive meetings and excessive reporting, that reeks of some psychopath interrupting people frequently to make sure they are working and wants hard proof.

So I'd wager if it exists there is a direct relationship between a drop in productivity from remote working and this sporadic increase in excessive monitoring, a lot of it must be from those psychopaths trying to keep control, but that pattern of behaviour would be exposed by the digital records if anyone cares to look for it! So I suppose benefits or detriments are not global.

The digital footprint of meetings and demands is forensic proof of digital harassment and bullying, it must be a psychopaths nightmare, because the modus operandi is normally to blame others for blunders, and they are littering the cloud with a trail of breadcrumbs that leads back to them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1903
Another of those situation where there is more AND rather than either/or.

The Spotted One (LP) is 100% correct re the corporate sociopath's pathological need for control (with a trust vacuum) and hence will hate people working from home. They'll claim concerns about productivity, but really it is all about control & fear. And the corporate sociopath is much more prevalent than many might believe... conservative research shows at least 20%.

In a nation where the ratio of introvert to extrovert is 60% introvert/40% extrovert you'll find that the introverts (generally speaking) will be more productive working from home, at least most of the time. Whereas the extroverts need the social interaction that the 'office' provides. Many extroverts could have gone nuts during hard lock-down and would have needed loads of Zoom meetings, etc., to satisfy their need for interaction.

As some of you know I have a family member who is a senior manager in a major organization and I read to her the Spotted One's comments re sociopaths (psychopaths)... she nodded agreement, almost enthusiastically!

In an ideal world more folks will have the choice to work from home/office and/or a % of sharing their time between both. I would expect that in 'healthy' workplaces (sociopath free zone) there will be negotiated more 'work from home' days for those who feel they are more productive working from home, and it suits the workplace. Mrs Baggers is negotiating 3 days from home, 2 from the office and there is good support for this... and she aint Robinson Crusoe.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1904
Some may have already read/heard the stats on CV, but supposedly only 2% of the people that get it, die. Most of them are old.
If you are under the age of 50 and get CV, you have a 0.2% chance of death......and i'm tipping most of that 0.2% are either already sick and/or are children/infants.

If you are relatively fit and healthy, you are fine.

"Only" 2%? Mostly Old? Phew, thats ok then. ::)
Seriously Krudd, sometimes you have no filter what so ever.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time