Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 AFLW B+F (Read 3525 times) previous topic - next topic

2019 AFLW B+F

Its on currently and its just about to wrap up.

Awards so far...

Maddy Prespakis - Best first year player......well duh.
Nat Plane - Blue bloods (The player which best embodied the values of our football club.)

Re: 2019 AFLW B+F

Reply #1
Final results are in....

Bri Davey
AND
Maddie Prespakis are joint winners in the B+F, 2nd year running we have joint winners.

Kerryn Harrington 3rd.

Reply #2
B+F count at the end of the H+A season...

Maddy Prespakis - 59
Kerryn Harrington - 54
Brianna Davey - 51

So Bri Daveys dominant finals campaign got her up

Reply #3
Top 10.....
Brianna Davey - 72
Maddy Prespakis - 72
Kerryn Harrington - 59
Gab Pound - 41
Alison Downie - 37
Nic Stevens - 31
Jayde Van Dyk - 31
Tayla Harris - 29
Chloe Dalton - 28
Darcy Vescio - 25

vs our top 10....
12: Davey
11.5: Prespakis
5.5: Harrington
5: Harris
4: Brazzale
3.5: Downie
3.5: Loynes
2.5: Pound
2.5: Walker
2: S. Hosking

Interesting to note that Vescio did not get a single vote all year in our count.
Also Van Dyke and Dalton only managed to get 1 person voting for them 1 each through the year. LP, for Van Dyke and Lods for Dalton.

That being said, we got the top 4 right and in order.

Reply #4
Thanks, Kruddler. Great effort.
I'm not disappointed to see a tie at the top: Davey and Prespakis were close all year.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Interesting to note that Vescio did not get a single vote all year in our count.
Also Van Dyke and Dalton only managed to get 1 person voting for them 1 each through the year. LP, for Van Dyke and Lods for Dalton.

That being said, we got the top 4 right and in order.

The club's voting system is quite different and the coaches can vote for as many players that they think deserves votes.  To be precise:

Across the course of the season, the senior coach, along with three assistants, vote for as many players as they feel warrant a vote for each game on the following scale:
4 votes – outstanding performance
3 votes – excellent performance
2 votes – above expectation performance
1 vote – expected performance (trademark game)

A player therefore can receive a maximum of four votes from four coaches giving a maximum of 16 possible votes each round.

I reckon that's a pretty good system for recognising the better players, but not necessarily a system we should/could adopt  :)

I am surprised that Walker didn't poll more votes but I think the results are a pretty fair assessment of our better players, and congratulations to Bri and Maddy.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
I think by the end of the season they were definitely both deserving. An awesome result. Now we just need to re-sign them all.

Reply #7
I think by the end of the season they were definitely both deserving. An awesome result. Now we just need to re-sign them all.

Absolutely!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Also worth noting that our top 4 were the 4 players selected in the AA squad....and further proof that Bri Davey was robbed being (equal) top of the lot, but the only one not to make the team.

Reply #9
Is it true that Bri has asked to be traded?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
Pretty much.

I still hold a bit of hope, but i'd suggest 90% shes gone to Collingwood.

That’s really disappointing but I guess it’s a product of the AFLW system.  At least we get something in return but I will feel sorry for Bri when she runs out for that bunch of losers ????

Clearly Eddie’s latest faux pas hasn’t resonated with Bri ????

Reply #12
That’s really disappointing but I guess it’s a product of the AFLW system.  At least we get something in return but I will feel sorry for Bri when she runs out for that bunch of losers ????

Clearly Eddie’s latest faux pas hasn’t resonated with Bri ????

What has eddie done now??

Reply #13
What has eddie done now??

The coin toss comments from a couple of weeks ago.