Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Prognostications: AFL 2020 Rd 18: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 7088 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Prognostications: AFL 2020 Rd 18: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #15
Couldn't possibly let Cameo Cuningham run around again. McGov redeemed himself a fraction with some 2nd half efforts against the Crows.

Did better when moved to the midfield, where we recruited him.

Reply #16
Docherty & Fisher confirmed out....and Martin a likely in.

I'd give Cottrell another run.....play him on Mitch Robinson just so we can see the similarities!

Kennedy in for McGovern.

Reply #17
Kennedy in for McGovern.
If murmurings are correct, wont happen.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
Did better when moved to the midfield, where we recruited him.

Sorry, but cannot be relied upon. Sadly, hasn't any mental toughness or consistency or reliability. Too flashy and seems incapable of hunting his own aggott. I'd trade him, might be able to swap him.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #19
Sorry, but cannot be relied upon. Sadly, hasn't any mental toughness or consistency or reliability. Too flashy and seems incapable of hunting his own aggott. I'd trade him, might be able to swap him.
Trade him for what?  Half a tube of linament?Fair deal I would say.  Great pity he has the tools but just not the desire or application.

Reply #20
Couldn't possibly let Cameo Cuningham run around again. McGov redeemed himself a fraction with some 2nd half efforts against the Crows.

So if Cuningham is a cameo what is McGovern?

Cunners needs midfield time with the other young blokes if we are ever going to see how they go. Whole game midfield without reliance on Cripps, Ed Curnow and Murphy.

Take the training wheels off Teaguey!

Reply #21
So if Cuningham is a cameo what is McGovern?

Cunners needs midfield time with the other young blokes if we are ever going to see how they go. Whole game midfield without reliance on Cripps, Ed Curnow and Murphy.

Agree, time to see what he's got by giving him a big midfield role for the whole year week in week out (providing he doesnt hurt himself taking out the bins). To use one of my favorite sayings of late, "pi55 or get off the pot" Cunners.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #22

That's what the previous coach tried to do, and he was bashed from pillar to post. At any rate, this is the sort of thing that should be tried with several games left. Doing it for the last game of the year won't show much IMO.

Reply #23
The first part of Teague's mission was to get us up the ladder and thus bolster membership imo. His next challenge is to consolidate and develop the list, which has started with recent retirements. This will need to continue apace next year without slipping back. We live in interesting times, to coin a phrase.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
So if Cuningham is a cameo what is McGovern? Not much different, but has at least shown consistent goal kicking danger - just not with us!!! Cuningham has played maybe 2 good games in his entire career.

Cunners needs midfield time with the other young blokes if we are ever going to see how they go. Whole game midfield without reliance on Cripps, Ed Curnow and Murphy. And you watch how quickly and easily we get scored against. Cuningham has never shown an ability to 'get down and dirty' or to hunt his own aggott, never. Receiver, with sublime skills, when he bothers.

Take the training wheels off Teaguey! He's learning to take his own off first! Why do you think we're hunting around for good, strong midfielders? To support Cripps, Curnow, Walsh...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #25
What chance that Brissie dont turn up to play?  They are entrenched in top 2.  Nothing to play for.  Remember that final round usually throws up a number of "upsets" when teams with nothing to play for cruise.  Not sure if that will continue into this odd season, but I cant see why it wouldnt??

Reply #26
The only problem MilHanna is that in the last two weeks, we haven't turned up to play either....absolutely belted in both opening quarters. If Brisbane don't turn up either then it'll be the worst quarter of footy of all time.

Reply #27
What chance that Brissie dont turn up to play?  They are entrenched in top 2.  Nothing to play for.  Remember that final round usually throws up a number of "upsets" when teams with nothing to play for cruise.  Not sure if that will continue into this odd season, but I cant see why it wouldnt??
zero chance.  They will want to win, afterall we beat them last year, they are not going to go into cruise control.

Reply #29
That's what the previous coach tried to do, and he was bashed from pillar to post. At any rate, this is the sort of thing that should be tried with several games left. Doing it for the last game of the year won't show much IMO.

I think we've come a long way in a short period of time since Bolton to be honest.

I think equally the young blokes are that 18 months older. Makes a difference. I think also there is a better system in place now compared to under Bolton. Plus he threw Dow and a small Fisher into the midfield and I reckon it was just too early for them.

Last game? I'd rather we try something for the preseason and 2021 than not. You might uncover something.