Skip to main content
Topic: Round 22 Green Shoot of the Week  (Read 3835 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 22 Green Shoot of the Week

Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from the game.  Can be a player, passage of play and individual effort, any ONE Shoot that put a smile ???? on your face?

Glasses down??  Jarrod Pickett welcome to Carlton!!????????

Re: Round 22 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #1
Ciaran Byrne, outstanding for a player who has played so few games.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #2
I'll go with Jarrod Pickett. I think Spring may have arrived for him.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
Jarrod Pickett...best game he has played for the club and I really like the excitement he creates, great tackling and credit to SOS for bringing him to the club
when he looked like a bust at GWS...

Reply #4
Tempting as it was to go for Pickett for a third week in a row, my green shoot this week is Jed Lamb.  I thought that he was a speculative addition to our list at best but his work as a defensive forward has been steadily improving and he really did a number on Sicily last night.

Honourable mention to Bunsen; I love his long socks  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
Jarrod Pickett! To see the leaps in progress from game to game is amazing. That speed, strength through the hips, imagine if he builds a serious tank. All credit to SOS.

Honourable mention to Lamb. Not sure what I was expecting from him this year but I think he has been pretty solid, his straight goalkicking is more important than we realise and stuck to his task well.

Reply #6
1. Pickett's tackle on Gunston
2. Lamb needling Sicilia to give away 7 frees
3. The win

Reply #7
As Pickett's been well covered, I'll change it up. There were so many choices ^-^

Williamson's run through the center. He looked around and took off, even took a bounce. He looked composed, confident, and competent. Totally unfazed by the once feared, Hawks. Here come the baby blues - no fear.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #8
I personally have a soft spot for young Fisher. Love his pluck and endeavour. Put a Stone of muscle on his wee frame and those tackles will stick. Great pressure acts, get him a Tank over a couple of pre seasons and he will be a bloody nightmare for opposition players.
Keep the Faith

Reply #9
I personally have a soft spot for young Fisher. Love his pluck and endeavour. Put a Stone of muscle on his wee frame and those tackles will stick. Great pressure acts, get him a Tank over a couple of pre seasons and he will be a bloody nightmare for opposition players.

We were admiring Zac too last night Woody. He's a game little terrier and he was certainly in plenty!  Knows what to do when he gets the ball and made a few damaging disposals. Still a bit raw but has a future for sure imo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
We were admiring Zac too last night Woody. He's a game little terrier and he was certainly in plenty!  Knows what to do when he gets the ball and made a few damaging disposals. Still a bit raw but has a future for sure imo.

Defintely a fan also cookie. Had him marked as one to watch when we recruited him. Once he puts on a bit more and builds that tank further we have a serious player there. Great awareness in traffic waits for overlaps rather thna going too early with handballs, obviously great and as you mentioned he loves to hunt ball and man.

Reply #11
I'll lock in pickett for at least 3 weeks in a row. He's getting better by the week.

Reply #12
Defintely a fan also cookie. Had him marked as one to watch when we recruited him. Once he puts on a bit more and builds that tank further we have a serious player there. Great awareness in traffic waits for overlaps rather thna going too early with handballs, obviously great and as you mentioned he loves to hunt ball and man.

x3 @Fisher... a real footballer with nous....I gave my GS to Pickett but Fisher was equally deserving, but IMO Fisher is already more established and Pickett is the one who
needs to prove himself which he is doing...

Reply #13
Pickett and the ZF Express.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #14
Pickett - Silvagni, SPS, Fisher, Curnow, Jones, Williamson, Cunningham are all starting to bloom.