Skip to main content
Topic: Hannah Mouncey (Read 27477 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Hannah Mouncey

Reply #30
I'm sorry, I know she didn't really do much, and that Darebin were flogged, but this is not right!

Mouncey runs on!

Against NT Thunder KPD/CHB Tayla Thorn.

I want players that size in our AFL team!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
I'm sorry, I know she didn't really do much, and that Darebin were flogged, but this is not right!

Mouncey runs on!

Against NT Thunder KPD/CHB Tayla Thorn.

I want players that size in our AFL team!
Thats not right.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #32
I don't understand this Mouncey situation.

Regardless of whether you are for or against, Mouncey and her team of lawyers or political influencers basically pursued rule changes so that Hannah could play and now the plug has been pulled on an AFLW career because of ill feelings from people on the administrative side!

Just a few weeks ago I heard some rumors from attendees at AFLW games of Mouncey being dragged by Darebin to limit game time and influence. The allegation was that Hannah was being managed to ensure that any perceived dominance during games did not cause too much of a stir. I believe managers/coaches Darebin denied this late in the season and stated Hannah being benched was just team or form related.

Well what does all this mean, I suspect if you are being managed through games because you are too dominant that makes a mockery of the competition. On the flip side, if you are regularly being benched at VFLW level due to structural or form issues you probably are not going to make the draft anyway!

Yet today the media reports that it is all about a bias, am I being too harsh by being cynical?

Just a day or so after Serena Williams tried to bully a male match official into forgiving her and her coach for cheating, Serena has continued to deny this despite the coach admitted in a live to air interview that he was coaching from the sidelines, and the subsequent fines for being coached from the sidelines, yet apparently the official is just being sexist or racist? Adam Goodes anyone? Serena has been dominant, must she now make an excuse?

I suppose this is the fate of all sports, as potential earnings increase integrity exits!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
Hannah didn't like having to keep her testosterone down.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #34
Hannah didn't like having to keep her testosterone down.

I don't know about that, but the whole episode reminds me of a "Lou and Andy" sketch from the TV Series Little Britain.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
I don't understand this Mouncey situation.

Regardless of whether you are for or against, Mouncey and her team of lawyers or political influencers basically pursued rule changes so that Hannah could play and now the plug has been pulled on an AFLW career because of ill feelings from people on the administrative side!

Just a few weeks ago I heard some rumors from attendees at AFLW games of Mouncey being dragged by Darebin to limit game time and influence. The allegation was that Hannah was being managed to ensure that any perceived dominance during games did not cause too much of a stir. I believe managers/coaches Darebin denied this late in the season and stated Hannah being benched was just team or form related.

Well what does all this mean, I suspect if you are being managed through games because you are too dominant that makes a mockery of the competition. On the flip side, if you are regularly being benched at VFLW level due to structural or form issues you probably are not going to make the draft anyway!

Yet today the media reports that it is all about a bias, am I being too harsh by being cynical?

Just a day or so after Serena Williams tried to bully a male match official into forgiving her and her coach for cheating, Serena has continued to deny this despite the coach admitted in a live to air interview that he was coaching from the sidelines, and the subsequent fines for being coached form the sidelines, yet apparently the official is just being sexist or racist? Adam Goodes anyone? Serena has been dominant, must she now make an excuse?

I suppose this is the fate of all sports, as potential earning increase integrity exits!

I agree with all of that.

I am as big a critic of the AFL as anyone but they were in an unwinnable position on this one.

Hannah bowing out on her own would be a big relief and probably the most sensible outcome although I understand it must be a bitter pill to swallow.

Reply #36
I realise this is a dead issue, but the impact of this modern trend grows weekly.

Rita Panahi has some interesting thoughts on the issue;

- Female athletes forced to accept unfair advantage

Many at the sports administrative level would have you believe it's all hunky dory behind the scenes, but that is far from the truth!

It's weak-minded administrations up against opportunism!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
I realise this is a dead issue, but the impact of this modern trend grows weekly.

Rita Panahi has some interesting thoughts on the issue;

- Female athletes forced to accept unfair advantage

Many at the sports administrative level would have you believe it's all hunky dory behind the scenes, but that is far from the truth!

It's weak-minded administrations up against opportunism!

Has anyone heard of a woman transitioning to a man dominating a traditional male sport? 

Reply #38
I am 179 cm or about 5 foot 10-11.

I saw Daisy Pearce here at the hospital last week.  She would have been lucky to be standing at my armpit.  Daisy is probably typical of most AFL w sized players, and I think in a one on one contest, I would have been carrying about 30 cm, and probably another 30 kegs on top.

Anyone who thinks Hannah doesn't have a significant advantage is kidding themselves.

She finished up runner up in the VFLW goal kickers award, and was only beaten by Vescio on the last match day of the season, and part of me thinks that her opponents let her kick a ridiculous number of goals to secure the win on the final round of the season.

Some will argue not, but thats not the point.  Think about it.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #39
It seems very politically incorrect today to differentiate too much between the genders and the idea that females are somehow "weaker" or not as capable of anything as males goes down like an iron kite. It's going to be interesting how this eventually gets sorted out, as isn't the logical conclusion that males identifying as females will eventually take over female sport? Confusin' aint it?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #40

I saw Daisy Pearce here at the hospital last week.  She would have been lucky to be standing at my armpit.  Daisy is probably typical of most AFL w sized players, and I think in a one on one contest, I would have been carrying about 30 cm, and probably another 30 kegs on top.

Anyone who thinks Hannah doesn't have a significant advantage is kidding themselves.

She finished up runner up in the VFLW goal kickers award, and was only beaten by Vescio on the last match day of the season, and part of me thinks that her opponents let her kick a ridiculous number of goals to secure the win on the final round of the season.

Yep.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #41

But is her size the critical issue, or the fact that she used to be a male ? If it's the former, what about Shane Mumford v Marc Murphy ? You can't discriminate in the men's game because someone is too big, or too strong. The fact that Daisy Pearce may be a typical size female AFL footballer and Murphy an atypically small male player is not the issue IMO.

Reply #42
But is her size the critical issue, or the fact that she used to be a male ? If it's the former, what about Shane Mumford v Marc Murphy ? You can't discriminate in the men's game because someone is too big, or too strong. The fact that Daisy Pearce may be a typical size female AFL footballer and Murphy an atypically small male player is not the issue IMO.

So the biggest and strongest people who identify as female will be the more successful in the AFLW?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #44
So the biggest and strongest people who identify as female will be the more successful in the AFLW?

Maybe. I guess the point I was trying to make is that you can't object to her because she's too big. I would assume that her unfair advantage arises from some remnant, leftover vestiges of masculinity, e.g muscle mass, size etc., that hormone therapy, gender reassignment etc. can't completely remove, and this is the real issue.

What about 2 females, one a bodybuilder, the other a basket baller - both born female, one significantly taller, the other significantly stronger than most female players - should they be refused permission to play AFL/VFLW ?