Skip to main content
Topic: Worst Leaders in the AFL! (Read 138101 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Worst Leaders in the AFL!

Reply #286
There would be 5 people voting on every game, 1 would include Mick.

Mick alone could not get him into the top 10 if thats what you are suggesting.

A lot of people had higher expectations of Daisy and marked him harshly. Others disliked him because he is seen to be 'Micks boy' and that rubbed them the wrong way. Ultimately i think it was the fact that his role changed regularly and only the MC knew what was expected of him and if he performed it or not.

His on 700K a year.  This figure is what any successful entity would base his performance on.....therefore finishing 10th in a B&F is a fail regardless of which way you choose to spin it.

I like Daisy as he shows true grit with his pressure acts and at his best he would be a consistent top 3 B&F finisher but it clear he is no where near what he was and IMO very unlikely to get even close to it.

Considering the hefty price we paid looks very much like another Blues trading failure as he is not getting any younger.

Hope I'm wrong but all signs point to me being correct.    ;D

Reply #287
I think we need to move on from the notion That wages are anything but what you pay to get a player to switch clubs.

I.e.  Shaun Grigg got 450k a season to switch to Richmond.

At the time that was way overs.

That's what it took to get him over.

Tom Boyd is on a massive contract based on potential and former draft pick status.  He is not worth that money (yet).

We paid Thomas, what will be an average b grade midfielder wage to get him. 

Finish.   It doesn't mean he needs to be our best performing player nor does he being injured make it money wasted.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #288
I think we need to move on from the notion That wages are anything but what you pay to get a player to switch clubs.

Tom Boyd is on a massive contract based on potential and former draft pick status.  He is not worth that money (yet).

Finish.   It doesn't mean he needs to be our best performing player nor does he being injured make it money wasted.

Are you being serious? our expectations at CFC are seriously crap if you believe that

Reply #289

Actually Grigg went over for around 300k not sure where you pulled 450k for. You cannot be serious suggesting 700k is a B-grade midfielder's wage.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #290
Actually Grigg went over for around 300k not sure where you pulled 450k for. You cannot be serious suggesting 700k is a B-grade midfielder's wage.

It will be next season. Watch.

450k is what we offered him to stay and he went anyway.

Paul Hewson

Reply #291
Are you being serious? our expectations at CFC are seriously crap if you believe that

I am being serious.  There is some stupid money being thrown around to get players to shift clubs, and we are taking exception about wages, when the club have made a call. 

Some will pay off others will not.

Welcome to modern football. You won't get every draft pick right, you will lose free agents some you don't want, and players will get traded.

Favourite players will get axed, you will lose games, you will not enjoy it like you used to and the unthinkable will happen frequently.

You can get annoyed about it, or accept that this is the way things go.

Paul Hewson

Reply #292

I think from memory the main reason Grigg left was because he wouldn't be a certainty to be in our starting 22. he would have to earn his spot. Richmond assured him he would almost always be a starter in the squad. They made him feel carried, I mean loved.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #293
I think from memory the main reason Grigg left was because he wouldn't be a certainty to be in our starting 22. he would have to earn his spot. Richmond assured him he would almost always be a starter in the squad. They made him feel carried, I mean loved.

I remember too that he briefly feigned some interest in staying with us and managed to screw a few extra shekels out of the Tigers. I think he may have been o/s at the time so maybe it was his manager

/
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #294

700k will Not be a b-grade midfielder salary next year Thry, and no one offered Grigg 450k a year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #296
Was Daisy being chased by multiple clubs? I don't recall that he was.

Yes, some people are getting paid overs to join clubs, but if you seriously believe that if there was someone other than MM and Swan in charge of our club they would have taken Thomas, then you are deluded.

He was overrated by both Swan and MM due to their personal relationship.  It happens all the time in business - it's called nepotism.

So enough with the bullcrap of what Daisy brings to this club, because he's brought and brings nothing but takes a huge wage and the spot of a beloved and proven player in Eddie Betts!

Reply #297
Was Daisy being chased by multiple clubs? I don't recall that he was.

Yes, some people are getting paid overs to join clubs, but if you seriously believe that if there was someone other than MM and Swan in charge of our club they would have taken Thomas, then you are deluded.

He was overrated by both Swan and MM due to their personal relationship.  It happens all the time in business - it's called nepotism.

So enough with the bullcrap of what Daisy brings to this club, because he's brought and brings nothing but takes a huge wage and the spot of a beloved and proven player in Eddie Betts!

1. Betts was leaving before Daisy was coming.
2. Was anyone else chasing Betts? Free Agency basically means the player goes where he wants to go.
3. So enough with the bullcrap. ;)

Reply #298
1. Betts was leaving before Daisy was coming.
2. Was anyone else chasing Betts? Free Agency basically means the player goes where he wants to go.
3. So enough with the bullcrap. ;)

1. Really? Why then did Thomas play the 'no contract negotiations until the end of the season' game?
2. Unrestricted free agents can go to their club of choice.  Restricted free agents go to the highest bidder.  We declined to match Adelaide's bid and Collingwood declined to match ours.  I think Collingwood got that right.
3. Agreed ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #299
Its probably safe to say Collingwood won in the Daisy deal along with Adelaide in the Betts deal. We appear to have lost with both at the moment. Times might tell a different story in the future, but at the moment we are at a loss with both players. Lets hope the footy gods give us a break somewhere down the line at some stage.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.