Skip to main content
Topic: Worst Leaders in the AFL! (Read 138089 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Worst Leaders in the AFL!

Reply #360
Judd had leadership in his actions on the field. He did what needed to be done, but none ever followed his lead. If they did it was only here and there, and he was expected to carry the load. The way he talks lately makes me think he should work in a position where he can address the media more often. He knows where to praise, and where he needs to say minimal. He doesn't need to say we need to lift as players as that puts the problem straight back on the playing group. He offers KISS. Keep It Short and Sweet. Then shut up.  ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #362
Where the hell has Marc Murphy been in any of this?

Wouldn't talk to the media after the loss, no word since MM got boned.

I'd say he's been told, in his capacity as captain, to let the crap settle before he starts doing media again.

I think Judd's media was unofficial, a door stop.

We'll hear from him again before Friday I would think.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #363

After the train wreck which was the footy show the day after Ratten was sacked, they've probably locked him away until this blows over.

Reply #364

Where indeed. Wonder if this is part of a plan to gradually lower his media profile and gently ease him out of the captaincy?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #365
Where indeed. Wonder if this is part of a plan to gradually lower his media profile and gently ease him out of the captaincy?

Like Malthouse, he has effectively sacked himself.

Reply #366
Like Malthouse, he has effectively sacked himself.

New coach is the time to move Murphy out of the captaincy with the least amount of fuss but pretty sure Murphy is keen to keep it.

Reply #367
For whatever reasons he has obviously decided he doesn't want to front the media.

Give the guy a break guys he works his guts out every week and gets slammed relentlessly both on the field and off. We ask for loyalty and then talk about Cripps being made captain - he hasn't even played a full season ffs.  How about showing Murph some respect?!

Reply #368
Murphy comes out and tears the Swans a new one... the ultimate finger to all and sundry.

Actions speak louder than words.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #369
Would love a strong captain to come out and speak.

Murphy and Gibbs are not strong characters or captains/leaders IMHO.

Reply #370
Murphy comes out and tears the Swans a new one... the ultimate finger to all and sundry.

Actions speak louder than words.
Would love nothing more than that.

Come on Murph!!

Reply #371
Yup, just bring it Murph.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #372
For whatever reasons he has obviously decided he doesn't want to front the media.

Give the guy a break guys he works his guts out every week and gets slammed relentlessly both on the field and off. We ask for loyalty and then talk about Cripps being made captain - he hasn't even played a full season ffs.  How about showing Murph some respect?!

I love Murph... he has been battered from day 1 as a small skinny kid trying to carry the hopes of a Team in the Pagan years.

He has his limitations as captain and you only had to look at last week and watch Simmo play to see who the spiritual leader was. But I understand why he was made captain.

I don't expect Murph to do a press conference, but he hasnt even been sighted. Not commented, not seen, not heard from, was late to the flight to Sydney in an obvious ploy to keep him out of the spotlight.

I wasn't passing comment on my thoughts of Murph, I was genuinely curious to how absent the Captain of our Football club is?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #373
FFS give the Murphy hero talks a rest.

He has done SFA lately.
He can't even contribute to the tackle count.

Don't start thinking the evil lord is gone and everything will now be fine.

We need to keep progressing and changing captains very soon is a good move.

Actions talk louder than words and we need some action from Murphy and Gibbs

Reply #374
Playing devils advocate, we had a discussion about a split in our playing group and them not playing for each other.  If this is true, with the departure of a senior coach, there would be a change in the balance of power and some of the fallout will see us have a few malcontents.

These situations will result in polarised opinions, sides being taken and various other issues through our team.

I would hazard at a guess, that we will be showing similar form as we have, except we might get an invigorated performance out of a few, and a few playing limp.

Murphy may simply be suffering from "Carlton fatigue".  Too high a pressure environment, combined with too many coaches going.

Whether we like it or not, these guys have lost a mentor.  Sheik advised as much based on a discussion with Armfield and Menzel.

There will be some fallout from this, and we wont know about what that entails for a little while, and it might not become clear until the end of season 2016.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson