Skip to main content
Topic: Smith's Crew in SA (Read 79876 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Smith's Crew in SA

Reply #120
Bancroft it appears will have something to answer for - ball tampering for one. I think they have him on video, the replay I saw seems to suggest he had some type of plastic guitar pick to rough up the ball.

let's see the video...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #121
Bancroft it appears will have something to answer for - ball tampering for one. I think they have him on video, the replay I saw seems to suggest he had some type of plastic guitar pick to rough up the ball.

bloody Hell.

Smith has admitted we tried to cheat by tampering with the ball.  :o

What a f*** up.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #122
And that the cheating was a plan thought up by the leadership group.   Everyone who knew about this should  be  removed from the team ASAP forever.  They all had an opportunity to say this is wrong and didn't until they were caught.

ACB, time to show what you're made of.

Reply #123
And that the cheating was a plan thought up by the leadership group.   Everyone who knew about this should  be  removed from the team ASAP forever.  They all had an opportunity to say this is wrong and didn't until they were caught.

ACB, time to show what you're made of.

Blackest day in Australian cricket, making the under arm incident pale into insignficance. We will be forever known as cheats and deservedly so, time for all those involved to be stood down and sent home and should be the end of Smiths reign as captain. How can these guys possibly play out this test let alone the rest of the series?

I'm gutted to the core, words fail me.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #124
The press conference is staggering.

How a junior player ends up being the one to tamper with the ball - at what point does someone say “hang on, this is a bad idea”?

One thought that I had is that Smith might not have known about it... hence the talk of the leadership group... and he as the captain is taking the fall for others (e.g Warner)... who would get suspended.

But it is just incredibly stupid from all of them.

Reply #125
The press conference is staggering.

How a junior player ends up being the one to tamper with the ball - at what point does someone say “hang on, this is a bad idea”?

One thought that I had is that Smith might not have known about it
... hence the talk of the leadership group... and he as the captain is taking the fall for others (e.g Warner)... who would get suspended.

But it is just incredibly stupid from all of them.

Can't see how Smith can captain the team for the rest of this game let alone the remaining test, send all those involved home wipe the slate clean and start again. If he dint know what was going then he's not in control anyway so he needs to go, if he did know then enough said and he has admitted as much. If we don't take a stance now we will forever be the laughing stock of world cricket.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #126
This is un farrking believable.... how stupid is Smith  ??

Smith as good as a batsmen as he is.... has got to be sacked immediately.   Should never Captain Australia again and should be suspended for a decent period.

I cant beleive it ????????
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #127
A sad day for Australian cricket and a big dent in our reputation as a sporting nation

:(  >:(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #128
Certainly a bad mistake.

Of course Du Plessis did the same thing a couple of years ago when the Saffies were out here.

Doesn't make it right though. :o
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #129
Can't see how Smith can captain the team for the rest of this game let alone the remaining test, send all those involved home wipe the slate clean and start again. If he dint know what was going then he's not in control anyway so he needs to go, if he did know then enough said and he has admitted as much. If we don't take a stance now we will forever be the laughing stock of world cricket.

It’s just that hard to believe... you sort of think there has to be a reason to explain it!

Otherwise he is a complete idiot.

Reply #131
I have not followed cricket for a few years now having become rather disenchanted with the antics of the players so I rarely ever comment on it. This latest horror though just about takes the cake - is it the final destination for the slide in standards of behaviour, loss of integrity and lack of corrective action over the years? Surely something must be done to rehabilitate the game's image or has test cricket reached its final resting place. Very very sad.  :(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #132
I have not followed cricket for a few years now having become rather disenchanted with the antics of the players so I rarely ever comment on it. This latest horror though just about takes the cake - is it the final destination for the slide in standards of behaviour, loss of integrity and lack of corrective action over the years? Surely something must be done to rehabilitate the game's image or has test cricket reached its final resting place. Very very sad.  :(

Well said. Likewise my interest in cricket has waned ...after having loved the game. Everyone involved should be dumped from Oz cricket.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #133
Did the Coach know too?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #134
Did the Coach know too?

Have a feeling he won’t be coach for much longer... once they get a full list of everyone who was in on it, I think quite a few are going to be on a plane home.