Skip to main content
Topic: Smith's Crew in SA (Read 81878 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Smith's Crew in SA

Reply #195
I think the coach has a lot to answer for.
Smith was never this type. Nathan Lyon has also become very boorish recently.
David Warner was known by his team mates as the reverend up until 12-18 months ago because he shut his mouth and played cricket.
But the coach said we needed players with a more verbal approach and suddenly Matthew Wade replaces Nevill.
Warner is asked to re ignite the attack dog approach.
Lehman is a where these issues start. He and the fool that employed him and left overseeing a sport that is looking for $1B in TV rights.

Smith is dumb and a schoolboy captain, Warner is a better captain tactically but he is damaged goods everywhere he goes and always sucked into trouble.
He started the rot when he sooked after DeKock hit back at him and SA have been on top since....leading to the desperation we have seen and cheating saga.
Agree on Lehman......Langar will be the new coach and I'd expect Warner to retire from Test Cricket...Smith has stuffed up his IPL career too..
Wouldnt be surprised if a non event type like Shaun Marsh is made the new captain...WA boy, popular, experienced and most of all low profile in terms of creating problems...

Reply #196
...Smith has stuffed up his IPL career too..

No way, by IPL standards Smith's value just went through the roof, they admire that sort of stuff!

That is the cheating, not the confession! ;)

The confession will make them think they can first put him to work for a win at all cost scenario,  then take advantage of him!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #197
Smith is dumb and a schoolboy captain, Warner is a better captain tactically but he is damaged goods everywhere he goes and always sucked into trouble.
He started the rot when he sooked after DeKock hit back at him and SA have been on top since....leading to the desperation we have seen and cheating saga.
Agree on Lehman......Langar will be the new coach and I'd expect Warner to retire from Test Cricket...Smith has stuffed up his IPL career too..
Wouldnt be surprised if a non event type like Shaun Marsh is made the new captain...WA boy, popular, experienced and most of all low profile in terms of creating problems...

Paine will be skipper.
Not sure about Langer as coach.
What the team really needs is some continual outside influence.
Not a team manager, but a couple of ex players, that travel with the squad. Change them regularly so they don't become part of the bubble.
They need to be the non smart ass type like a Katich, Gilchrist, Rogers that can look beyond the dressing room click and advise of any issues that may be foreseen.
I can't believe not one person saw these issues coming. CA should have been all over this stuff after the Rabada appeal.
There was always going to be a back lash.

Reply #198
No way, by IPL standards Smith's value just went through the roof, they admire that sort of stuff!

That is the cheating, not the confession! ;)

The confession will make them think they can first put him to work for a win at all cost scenario,  then take advantage of him!

Think the Raji Royals have sacked him as skipper......agree the Indians dont mind a cheat but they have to be a good one who doesnt get caught.... ;)

Reply #199
Leaving aside Captaincy - and the bloke will never Captain his country again, ditto Warner; what is the right length of suspension (from playing) for all involved?

3 months, 6 months, 1 year?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #200
Good question Flyboy.

For Smith I think it will be something like:

- stripped of captaincy
- stand down without pay for 6 mths... don’t play IPL if possible.
- Smith fronts the media in Australia, cops everything on the chin and apologises.

Everyone makes mistakes, other cricketers have done worse (e.g rebel tours of Sth Africa in the 80’s) and been able to play again.

Reply #201
Leaving aside Captaincy - and the bloke will never Captain his country again, ditto Warner; what is the right length of suspension (from playing) for all involved?

3 months, 6 months, 1 year?

A Test and a fine like everyone else in history who have been caught ball tampering. Maybe stripped of the captaincy too. His opposite number Du Plessis is still captaining his side after being caught twice ball tampering. He got fined twice, that was it.

Reply #202
Why are our players held to different standards? The penalty should be a slap on the wrist and move on like everyone else.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #203
I agree with this, nothing to see here, move along

Reply #204
Rightly or wrongly it's part of our make-up.

We hold our sportsman to a higher standard.
Other folks cheat...that's bad.
We cheat, that's devastating.
...and for many unacceptable.
That's why we're seeing the response.

Reply #205
Agree, and I fully expect us to shoot ourselves in the foot in the next couple of days

Reply #206

Nothing wrong with that Lods.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #207

We were dumb and stupid how we cheated, what we did is laughable compared to sucking a mintie and using that saliva or rubbing sunscreen on the ball.....Lehman trying to signal the players they had been caught...please...
Does it get any worse, the level of embarrassment make its worse because we so pathetic at cheating and so obvious.....Bancroft wouldnt be able to dodge a fruit fly inspector, he would probably have a banana sticking out of his pocket he is that dopey...

Reply #208
Why are our players held to different standards? The penalty should be a slap on the wrist and move on like everyone else.
Because us Aussies are the most vocal when others cheat, yet when ours do, it’s a “nothing to see here“ attitude. Can’t pick and choose when to to take the moral high ground.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #209

SPOT ON

I don't care that other countries players / or captains have done it in the past and only been slapped on the wrist.

For our Australian Cricket Captain do have done this has made me sick in the stomach.  He simply cannot keep the job.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!