Skip to main content
Topic: Smith's Crew in SA (Read 81933 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Smith's Crew in SA

Reply #300
I reckon we're just about to enter that phase and it wouldn't surprise in the next few days to see a shift in tone, at least amongst the public...not so sure about sponsors etc as they'll be more concerned about their brand

Sponsors withdrawing their funding is just the result of the psychotic marketing people thinking,

"The affronted dollar, we can go after that dollar, it's a big dollar and largely untapped!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #301
We're a funny lot
With these type of issues there is always that an initial condemnation...as I said before it's part of our make-up to roast our own if we think they deserve it.
We hold them to a higher standard
But there is also a side of us that says...OK that's enough, they've been punished sufficiently.
I reckon we're just about to enter that phase and it wouldn't surprise in the next few days to see a shift in tone, at least amongst the public...not so sure about sponsors etc as they'll be more concerned about their brand

Smith’s press conference - that’ll do I reckon.

Reply #302
There was one rotten apple in that squad and I reckon he's been identified.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #303
Correct Lods.  Crime, punishment and time.  I think that this has been a big wake up call for CA and all players.  Smith will be forgiven (if he isn't already after the press conference).  Haven't seen Bancroft's conference, but I believe he is very contrite as well.  I haven't yet seen Warner's press conference either...

Without hijacking the thread, imagine if EFC had put their hands up properly...

Reply #304
Correct Lods.  Crime, punishment and time.  I think that this has been a big wake up call for CA and all players.  Smith will be forgiven (if he isn't already after the press conference).  Haven't seen Bancroft's conference, but I believe he is very contrite as well.  I haven't yet seen Warner's press conference either...

Without hijacking the thread, imagine if EFC had put their hands up properly...

Bancroft was on the verge - I actually felt sorry for the young man but I'm a softy. I thought he spoke well.

Reply #305
The moral police won't be happy till one of them necks themself.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #306

That really is a stupid comment!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #308

They can sense blood in the water, their self-righteousness is gobsmacking!

This lot are being keelhauled, the media don't treat murders with this sort of contempt.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #309
I'd be crying too if I lost a 2.4 million dollar IPL contract and had a to get a real job for 12 months..thought Smith had some genuine remorse but his record is smeared for life.

Bancroft..less impressed with his confession, no great loss to Aus cricket if he doesnt play test cricket again, one of the dumbest players I have seen..

Warner.....I guess he is getting some legal/PR advice and will give a more broad confession where he admits to minimal guilt and tries to save his 20/20 tournament career.

No real sympathy for any of them...they had it all and didnt appreciate the opportunities they have been given, others who appreciate it more deserve their place in the national team.....

Reply #310
RIP Australian Test Cricket

Reply #311
Boof has resigned
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #313
Boof has resigned

Yes pretty much inevitable. There will be a complete culture change I would think - be interesting to see who gets brought in to implement that.

Reply #314
RIP Australian Test Cricket

We have good depth and a good domestic comp and I expect us to rebound ok...the Ashes might be a tough ask but we have to rebuild/regroup and it will take a couple of series.
The game overall will improve as I expect sledging and general behaviour from all teams to improve as they look at events that led to tapegate.....