Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 14294 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #45
We haven't made finals for 7 years. Collingwood were missing a quarter of their best 22. Enough excuses.
And we were not? We had 13 players available for the 2nds game. We needed half of the GC side to field a team.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #46
Just heard Collingwood hasn’t kept us to no goals in the second half of football for 111 years. At least we sit at 127 wins a piece against each other.
That is simply terrible. We need to rise to the occasion, not drop off. We need to get ahead of these ... meat pies!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #47
Don't reckon we can play Pittonet, TdK, Casboult and McKay against the half decent teams. It means that for most of the game 3 of those 4 are inside forward 50, and Pittonet gives nothing up there, TdK gives nothing for now but may improve, Casboult has to run up to the wings to get a touch, and McKay always seems to be flying against Pittonet/TdK and their opponents. If it wasn't for Eddie's first half, we would hardly have scored in this game. Too big, too slow

Reply #48
Beaten by a better side and shows where we need to improve to actually improve.

TDK-Casboult-Mckay.... Any chance of these jokers  actually holding a mark?   And what was worse... Why do they get out marked so frequently?!? By midgets!!!! Moore did as he pleased today,  ##@$/! Our tall forwards are frustrating.  Maybe it's because they get blocked and held,  but the delivery to them was excremental. Anyway,  very poor these three today. 

Everybody loves Eddie but Quaynor ran off him at will today and killed us.   Sorry Eddie, but if you can't chase and pressure exiting defenders it's curtains mate.

And Cripps stunk today, Pendles - his direct opponent -  flogged us... As did every single small pies running player.

We desparately need a line breaking half back with penetration, hence I can see the interest in Zac Williams.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #49

TDK-Casboult-Mckay.... Any chance of these jokers  actually holding a mark?   And what was worse... Why do they get out marked so frequently?!? By midgets!!!! Moore did as he pleased today,  ##@$/! Our tall forwards are frustrating.  Maybe it's because they get blocked and held,  but the delivery to them was excremental. Anyway,  very poor these three today. 

Everybody loves Eddie but Quaynor ran off him at will today and killed us.   Sorry Eddie, but if you can't chase and pressure exiting defenders it's curtains mate.

And Cripps stunk today, Pendles - his direct opponent -  flogged us... As did every single small pies running player.

We desparately need a line breaking half back with penetration, hence I can see the interest in Zac Williams.
Really out-thought. each of these moves was a winner for them. We simply need to be willing to change opponents during the game if something is not working.
In that respect, Teague is a lot like Ratten. He won't move someone until it is too late. This is something he has to learn before we are going to be a top side.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #50
Casboults last month has been very poor.  Tempted to give him a week off.

More grunt and run required as well.   Kennedy and Cottrell please would have helped.

We desperately need another running/rebounding defender who can kick.

Reply #51

Exactly how I saw it along with the Plowman on jaidyn Stevenson debacle

Reply #52
So can we end the Polson experiment now?

Can we send Dow back to the 2's?

Try something/someone else.

Bring in Owies, let the lad get a crack at it.

Can someone explain how we have a 9-day break in a season where 5 day breaks are the norm, and fail to kick a goal in the second half?

We should've ran all over them.

Reply #53
The strange thing (per running stats) is that we did run the game out. The fastest on ground was no other than Eddie. Their running was best in defense. Ran rings around us in fact.

We had enough i50. In this sense, it was our inability to go i50 with poise (plan, or marking ability), have a shot, and to a lesser degree to convert, that cost us.
Like others have said, our tall forwards in particular had a stinker, and weren't helped by i50 delivery.

Perhaps the best learning will be how to handle a touch of pressure. Coaching staff included.

PS
I see Zac Williams has put a high price on his head😳
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #54
So can we end the Polson experiment now?

Can we send Dow back to the 2's?

Try something/someone else.

Bring in Owies, let the lad get a crack at it.

Can someone explain how we have a 9-day break in a season where 5 day breaks are the norm, and fail to kick a goal in the second half?

We should've ran all over them.
Agree, Polson is done and Dow probably gets another season to show something but its not looking great for him.
Cripps needs a rest too...
Owies in to work with Eddie and Martin..

Reply #55
We had enough i50. In this sense, it was our inability to go i50 with poise (plan, or marking ability), have a shot, and to a lesser degree to convert, that cost us.
Like others have said, our tall forwards in particular had a stinker, and weren't helped by i50 delivery.

When you bring in 2 blokes that can't kick, and drop one who can, you clearly make your ability to spot up a target more difficult....and we were struggling with it before.

I've said that our biggest area of need is an outside running mid who can kick.
I think some others are starting to agree with me.
Bring in Williams, Papley and Atkins and we never have to wonder about that area again.

Reply #56
Why has Dow stagnated so badly?

Reply #57
Why has Dow stagnated so badly?
He's just another to add to the litany of poor high draft picks to add to the pile. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who in their right mind selects a player at pick 3 that can't kick and has no tank? Only Carlton my friend, only Carlton...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #58
I wanted Cerra.

Reply #59
I wanted Cerra.
He is looking the goods. Runs all day, has skill and is a great kick. What's not to like?
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...