Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 14241 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #60
He's just another to add to the litany of poor high draft picks to add to the pile. Nothing more, nothing less.

Who in their right mind selects a player at pick 3 that can't kick and has no tank? Only Carlton my friend, only Carlton...

Dow is young and looks like he’ll make it - progressing well and his form in the twos was exceptional. Will take a game or two to get back to the pace of AFL

Reply #61
Once again we got to 9 (10?) points up but just couldn't get THAT goal.
Instead, it was a series of fumbles, poor decisions, and loose checking which finally got Coll'wood the goal which put a spring in their step and the rest was miserably predictable.

Had everything to play for today so I'll never understand the mentality or psychology of this bunch.

Teague gets a 2 out of 10 today.

The only positive is that we're a game closer to seeing a few players give it away ... I hope.

Training wheels Teauge was absolutely outcoached today.  That is an embarassment as well to be outcoached by Buckley who is mediocre at best.  What does the club expect?  Waste pics 3 (Dow), 6 (Seton), 10 (Obrien) 10 (Harry?) thanks to SOS and that seals the deal IMO.  Bloody disgraceful, given the pain we as supporters have had to bear for this supposed 'rebuilt' like GWS. ???  This club tells lies.

Reply #62
12 months? Been about 5 years!

Correct.  You sound like Brendon Bolton and his 'green shoots'.  It has been 5 years.  And it may well be another 5.

Reply #63
Don't talk crap. We played an experience finals side today while we've come from a rabble. We need to learn to ply under that pressure to learn how to take the next step because we haven't played finals for 7 years. If you know your football you'd know that basic fact.

No mate, his 'negative stuff' is reality.  Would be good if those in the positions to make the big decisions at the club saw it too.

Not as if we aren't missing any but that doesn't count when the only reason you're on here is to knock the side.

Sometimes your negative stuff is just bullcrap..

Reply #64
It’s so bloody hard not to wonder if we are heading in the right direction when you watch a performance like that.

I was at last years game against them and we looked every bit like a team on the rise and if it wasn’t for some late awful decisions against us we deserved that win more then they did. And they had a full team off memory. I walked away disappointed but under no doubts we were going the right way.

Fast forward 12 months and year 5 of the rebuild we dish up this rubbish when they were no where near full strength and with everything to play for. I want to be opportunistic but I dunno what to think to be honest. 

Interesting 4 weeks coming up.

I feel your pain Shawny.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again... the club has sold us a lie.  This is a Terry Wallace 'rebuild of a rebuild', and this, with another rookie coach.  It's ridiculous and not fitting of our great club.  The board has to go.

Reply #65
Dow is young and looks like he’ll make it - progressing well and his form in the twos was exceptional. Will take a game or two to get back to the pace of AFL
Can't agree, looks hesitant to run and kick, sold players into trouble with handballs and even a player like Cottrell looks more advanced and intense.
He has to take the game on and he just looked like he wanted to get rid of the ball quickly..

Reply #66
I dont agree with the out coached comments.   5mins to go is when the score blew out. 

Had martin actually had a shot rather than try hit up cripps at the end of the 3rd term, and had cripps kicked straight on his shot for goal we would have been a better chance.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #67
I'd like to hear Teague's after match thoughts as that was a crap effort and totally uncoordinated.  Really poor.  And Martin, learn how to kick FFS.

Reply #68
I wanted Cerra.
Cerra this way, SPS that way.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #69
I thought it wasn't the MCs best effort, side looked horribly unbalanced.

Some bigger bodied flankers - jsos (unavailable), Kennedy and Cunners would have given us both more onball options and their marking abilities would have kept the mid sized pies backs honest.  Fisher,  Betts and Gibbo do their work at deck level,  and our big forwards didn't create enough spillages. Coupled with poor delivery the one dimensional forward set up was rookie thinking.  Martin has tapered as well in his performance, like many needs to learn that a season goes past round 15, though being in the frame this late is novel for our club in the last 20 years.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #70
I'd like to hear Teague's after match thoughts as that was a crap effort and totally uncoordinated.  Really poor.  And Martin, learn how to kick FFS.

I was thinking about the game last night and some vision I saw. I thought in the first half we were ok and it was pretty even. At half time, they went to a shot within our rooms and you could see all the players with their line coaches intently looking at computer screens, discussing, plotting, planning, gesturing. Then they went out and didn't score a goal.
As for the game, we lost to a better more hardened team (even with their outs) who simply wanted it more. Not going to bother with singling out players or coaches, you simply don't win games of footy with a goalless qtr let alone two.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #71
SPS was an earlier draft.

The Dow draft year was a tough one for recruiters,  most clubs went LDU as no.  1, there was no clear cut choice. Ultimately Rayner went no.  1 and there were concerns re his fitness levels. We went with the more speculative pick due to perceived upside.

Dow's underage footy hasnt translated to senior level because his breakaway pace and the uncluttered nature of underage footy let him hunt the ball at will (no tagging) and blast away without learning how to negotiate through traffic and
 dispose under pressure.   So he needs a lot of development work (IE twos footy) to skill him up to harness that bust away pace.   Compare that against say Fisher,  who learnt tricks to compete in heavy traffic given his diminutive size.  

Reply #72
SPS was an earlier draft.

The Dow draft year was a tough one for recruiters,  most clubs went LDU as no.  1, there was no clear cut choice. Ultimately Rayner went no.  1 and there were concerns re his fitness levels. We went with the more speculative pick due to perceived upside.

Dow's underage footy hasnt translated to senior level because his breakaway pace and the uncluttered nature of underage footy let him hunt the ball at will (no tagging) and blast away without learning how to negotiate through traffic and
 dispose under pressure.   So he needs a lot of development work (IE twos footy) to skill him up to harness that bust away pace.   Compare that against say Fisher,  who learnt tricks to compete in heavy traffic given his diminutive size.  
Great points Prof, I do believe though that Fisher does possess much better natural evasive and footwork skills than Paddy, not to say Paddy cant add that string to his bow.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #73
I liked Cerra, because he was a hard,  competive kid with a good size,  skill set and adequate pace... Just a good solid, competitive player.   A hard footballer is the best description I remember.  But I can see why we overlooked him because he lacked that standout feature - Rayners goal kicking tricks ("the next Dusty"!!!), Dow's pace or LDUs massive frame.but I had no doubts he'd be a 200 game player.

Reply #74
Probably highlighted just how far we still have to go to catch the big boys.
Reality always wins in the end.