Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 14056 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #30
And even with their outs, they were comfortable favourites according to the betting companies, I think we believed we were better than we are.

Reply #31
I don't blame Cripps, his kicking is not what his football is about, we've known that for years so I'm not sure why we want him pushing so deep forward, just because he's tall it seems. He's an average field kick and a below average set shot. He should be keeping out of our F50 and helping the talls setup the zone to send the footy straight back in, plus he won't collect so many miles!

Push Setterfield forward if we want a midfield marking inside F50.

I thought today we looked disorganised, we had good intensity, attack the contest the equal of the Filth, but we didn't have the same well organised structures when we won the footy that the Filth had. I was pretty obvious.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
We haven't made finals for 7 years. Collingwood were missing a quarter of their best 22. Enough excuses.

Don't talk crap. We played an experience finals side today while we've come from a rabble. We need to learn to ply under that pressure to learn how to take the next step because we haven't played finals for 7 years. If you know your football you'd know that basic fact.

Not as if we aren't missing any but that doesn't count when the only reason you're on here is to knock the side.

Sometimes your negative stuff is just bullcrap..

Reply #33
Gosh I’m so disappointed. That second half was ugly.

We can play so well but then it turns to poop and I don’t understand why. Maybe Jack Martins terrible kick to Cripps was the beginning of the end.  Just such a dumb decision at such an important stage.

Kicking into our F50 just infuriates me. They continue to do the same thing, for the same result - easy mark by their defenders, Every time.

Pissed off at Cripps for missing that set shot too.

And Doch had a shocker for that first turnover in the first quarter.

I’m gutted, really thought we’d turned the corner and would win easily after that first half. I knew Collingwood wouldn’t stop tho, they are more experienced and hardened.

We've turned some corners, still a couple of blocks to go. Next step is playing under this level of heat. We have 4 days.

Reply #34
Don't talk crap. We played an experience finals side today while we've come from a rabble. We need to learn to ply under that pressure to learn how to take the next step because we haven't played finals for 7 years. If you know your football you'd know that basic fact.
The Filth's structure behind the football was so much better.

I thought some of our field kicking was very good today, but I feel our forwards had a very very ordinary day.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35

McKay was average and Levi hardly touched it.

Pittonet is NBG at pushing deep forward or deep defensive, he spends too much time spectating.

With TDK covering the second ruck position, I think it’s time to give Levi a rest, bring back McGovern because Casboult still makes everyone nervous even with the simplest of shots for goal and won’t be part of the next real assault, especially with Charlie C in the wings.

Reply #36

Don’t get sucked in by some of the uneducated who periodically visit this site. Sometimes it’s a good place to avoid after a loss because some of the comments are far too emotional.......or just plain dumb!!

Reply #37

Not as if we aren't missing any but that doesn't count when the only reason you're on here is to knock the side.

Truth hurts.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #38
Don’t get sucked in by some of the uneducated who periodically visit this site. Sometimes it’s a good place to avoid after a loss because some of the comments are far too emotional.......or just plain dumb!!

Uneducated?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #39
I’m gutted, really thought we’d turned the corner and would win easily after that first half. I knew Collingwood wouldn’t stop tho, they are more experienced and hardened.
And so did the pampered s0ftcock bed wetters who get paid over $200k per year.
Memo to CFC recruiters - when you’re scouting for players please watch carefully how they handle defeat. Do they HATE losing? Like, REALLY hate losing? Pay special attention to that player who is pissed to let a late goal through even though they’re 20 goals up. If they take it in their stride and are happy to run around showing off their muscles and perfect skin, please move on and let someone else draft them.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #40
Yes, because you and "laj", are so insightful it hurts.

So you're saying, playing the likes of Murphy and Co for the last decade has worked so well, let's continue on that path becuase, hey it's bound to turn around soon.... right, right!?

Tell me, what's the definition of insanity?
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #41
Unfortunately completely out coached and we’ve got some gaps.

McKay, TDK, Casboult, Gibbons and Betts simply didn’t do enough to quell Quaynor, Noble, Maynard and Moore who consistently pushed forward to outnumber our midfield - if you don’t go with them it’s hard to win.

Plowman vs Stevenson was indescribably stupid for so many reasons.

At least we know our deficiencies - we need
- A tough fast defender to play on fast attackers
- 2x tough fast midfielders (Adams like intensity)
- 1x fast small forward to partner Fisher

At the end of the year, time  is up for Betts, Simpson, Kreuzer and probably Murphy and we need to make a call on Plowman.

Reply #42
Time to rest Cripps and let the rest of them pull their weight.
Yes. He will not get up for a game on Thursday. Give him a break so he can manage the last couple of games adequately.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #43
It’s so bloody hard not to wonder if we are heading in the right direction when you watch a performance like that.

I was at last years game against them and we looked every bit like a team on the rise and if it wasn’t for some late awful decisions against us we deserved that win more then they did. And they had a full team off memory. I walked away disappointed but under no doubts we were going the right way.

Fast forward 12 months and year 5 of the rebuild we dish up this rubbish when they were no where near full strength and with everything to play for. I want to be opportunistic but I dunno what to think to be honest. 

Interesting 4 weeks coming up.

Reply #44
Need to clean out the dead wood. Marc Murphy has cost Paddy Dow a whole season of development.
More than harsh, mate. Just not accurate. Paddy Dow wasn't fit enough until a couple of weeks back. Murphy, on the other hand, has played some of his best footy for the year in those few weeks.
Live Long and Prosper!