Skip to main content
Topic: Laidley and Buttifant GONE!! More changes to come ? (Read 18865 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Laidley and Buttifant GONE!! More changes to come ?

Reply #15
This is all part of the renewal of CFC. We had reached the point where this had to happen really and even though it may be sad to see one or two go we need to get a completely new spark around the club. Change is the great refresher and re-invigorator.

The nettle seems to have been grasped..........
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
Lets hope this isn't finger-pointing by a few who have subverted decision making to save their own skins!

Until the prime suspects get the kibosh I remain unconvinced!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
Gone - Laidley, Buttifant
??? - Green, Capuano, Webster, Osborne

I'd keep Barker but if he feels he needs to leave then ok as we need him, and all others, giving 100% of themselves under Bolton.

Who comes in I am really interested in. Will he bring anyone at all from the Hawks.

They say they are not replacing Buttifant as such so the restructure with the fitness staff will be interesting also.

Reply #18
Gone - Laidley, Buttifant
??? - Green, Capuano, Webster, Osborne

I'd keep Barker but if he feels he needs to leave then ok as we need him, and all others, giving 100% of themselves under Bolton.

Who comes in I am really interested in. Will he bring anyone at all from the Hawks.

They say they are not replacing Buttifant as such so the restructure with the fitness staff will be interesting also.
Robert Whiley anyone?

Reply #19
I have a feeling a few more yet might also leave.

Reply #20
I have a feeling a few more yet might also leave.
I heard last week that the only one who was almost certain to remain was Capuano.
I must admit I've heard no indication one way or another about Wiley.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #21
...and the dominoes begin to fall. Necessary and important, especially in terms of who we bring in to complete the major renovation.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #22
Buttifant had to go; our fitness was nowhere near other teams and it is common knowledge that Collingwood improved their fitness markedly after Buttifant departed.

Bolton must be given the opportunity to mould a coaching team that understands and promotes the way he wants us to play.  Laidley clearly didn't fit and I'm not sure any of the other assistants will either.

I know that Barker has been offered a role, and I suspect that his philosophy isn't far from Bolton's.  However, it wouldn't surprise me if Barker went elsewhere to further his career.

The only one I would keep is Capuano.  I have been critical of him in the past but he has improved Kreuzer's ruckwork considerably and that has been the key to our good performances in clearances.  Hopefully, Bolton and company will be able to build on that.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #23
Buttifant had to go; our fitness was nowhere near other teams and it is common knowledge that Collingwood improved their fitness markedly after Buttifant departed.

Bolton must be given the opportunity to mould a coaching team that understands and promotes the way he wants us to play.  Laidley clearly didn't fit and I'm not sure any of the other assistants will either.

I know that Barker has been offered a role, and I suspect that his philosophy isn't far from Bolton's.  However, it wouldn't surprise me if Barker went elsewhere to further his career.

The only one I would keep is Capuano.  I have been critical of him in the past but he has improved Kreuzer's ruckwork considerably and that has been the key to our good performances in clearances.  Hopefully, Bolton and company will be able to build on that.

Im hearing rumors on capuano about being a good bloke and staying ..but he should go with brad green, webster and shane osullivan....

Reply #24

Ruckwork is a funny thing DJC.

Our club doesn't get it but it is clear you don't have to win the ruck to get things moving in your preferred direction. You can lose the ruck contest in such a manner that your opponent starts hitting the ball where you want it to go, all the time thinking they are winning!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #25
Ruckwork is a funny thing DJC.

Our club doesn't get it but it is clear you don't have to win the ruck to get things moving in your preferred direction. You can lose the ruck contest in such a manner that your opponent starts hitting the ball where you want it to go, all the time thinking they are winning!

It sure is LP.

What I have noticed since Kreuzer's return is that, while he may not win all ruck contests, most of his hitouts go to our advantage and rarely result in opposition clearances.  Our failing is that we don't take full advantage of our good ruck and clearance work.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #26
It sure is LP.

What I have noticed since Kreuzer's return is that, while he may not win all ruck contests, most of his hitouts go to our advantage and rarely result in opposition clearances.  Our failing is that we don't take full advantage of our good ruck and clearance work.

Yep
Cripps still has a bit of work to do on his disposal.
It's an area where there is room for improvement.

By the  time Kreuzer got back Gibbs was basically gone for the year.
If a player like Gibbs was working that second possession off the clearance we may be going better.
Unfortunately we may not get to see that Kreuzer, Cripps, Murphy, Gibbs combination again

Reply #27
Instead we will see the Cripps, Murphy, Gibbs, Weitering, Scache combo. :D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28
I was happy with Laidley, but not so much with Buttifant. I don't think we were an exceptionally fit side this season. I will be interested to see if Bolton is the driving force to build a new group of assistants, or whether SOS will have his stamp on some potential changes with the club. Either way, changes gives us an opportunity to try something new.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #29
I was happy with Laidley, but not so much with Buttifant. I don't think we were an exceptionally fit side this season. I will be interested to see if Bolton is the driving force to build a new group of assistants, or whether SOS will have his stamp on some potential changes with the club. Either way, changes gives us an opportunity to try something new.
Spot on.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time