Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications (Read 48676 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: post game

Reply #45
Buckley looked a bit lost out there... hasn't played too many games up forward.

Everett still kicked 2... We need guys who can kick goals.

Murphy and Cripps both faded, also think Murphy got a knock on his shoulder in the 3rd qtr.

Reply #46
Too many pats on the back after an honourable loss usually leads to a loss the next week too.

Yep
Hopefully the coaching group are on top of that.

Levi's kicking was as bad as ever tonight...it was back to scratch again.
We need a player running either side of him whenever he marks to take the kick. ::)

If Weitering's that composed in his first game he'll be something special in his 100th ;)

Reply #47
If they play like that all year I'll be one happy supporter.

There were moments when we looked like Hawthorn.  Especially that passage of play when Everitt ended up dropping the mark.  The precision kicks opened Richmond up.

Reply #48
Gibbsy busy as well

Reply #49
Someone please explain to me how Rance can be allowed to hold onto the ball for several seconds then scribble it out across the ground while other players get pinged for holding the ball instantly or incorrect disposal?

Rance gets away with slow disposals in tackles time after time after time, he is allowed seconds more than other players in the competition.
The Force Awakens!

Re: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications

Reply #50
Rance was very good for them tonight but for some reason, we refused to tackle him which made his job a little easier.

And the same went for Martin, one good bear-hug on the little mug may have slowed him down a little. As it was, he had way too much influence when they really needed it.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #51
Someone please explain to me how Rance can be allowed to hold onto the ball for several seconds then scribble it out across the ground while other players get pinged for holding the ball instantly or incorrect disposal?

Rance gets away with slow disposals in tackles time after time after time, he is allowed seconds more than other players in the competition.

In regards to the result, it wasn't the newbies that let us down, it was the same old same olds! Everitt, Buckley, Casboult, Jamison, Simpson Most hand plenty of the ball but made far too many feck-ups with it!

In this new game plan, the blokes who ball watch and fail to leave their opponent to help stand out like dog's balls!

I have no idea what Buckley was thinking tonight, he spent more time fecking up his team-mates than the opposition!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
Two goals from silly 50m penalties plus two shocking misses from Casboult and there's the game right there.

Simon White is going to test my patience if that is what he is going to dish up all year. 

Reply #53
Haven't been this gutted since the West coast semi.

I hope Bolton goes in there and tells them they aren't good enough.

But gee we were good.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #54
Everitt was very poor for the majority of the night, when he dropped that sitter on the overlap in the last I nearly threw my computer at the TV screen. It was just too costly for us in the context of the match and to make it worse, it was a goddam chest mark.

Reply #55
Buckley chased hard but any decent athlete could do that, he and Everitt had very little impact even though Everitt kicked a couple.
The less said about White the better, he's just not an AFL standard footballer but maybe he's as good as any we've got in the VFL.
Casboult averages about one goal and under 10 possessions a game, nowhere near good enough for a 26 year old key forward but like White he's probably as good as we've got.
I can't understand people happy about tonight, I'm gutted.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #56
Perhaps you're gutted because :

a. it's the first game of the season, and therefore a lot of emotion etc.
b. we got so close - if it was a 10 goal thumping, maybe you'd be feeling "normal".

Maybe.

Reply #57
Casboult, Jamison, Rowe & White will be persisted with this season because we don't have anyone else to replace them right now but seriously, they are all on borrowed time.

We will never ever be anything of substance with those guys in the team, they are either past it or have never been up to it.  

Reply #58
Rance was very good for them tonight but for some reason, we refused to tackle him which made his job a little easier.

And the same went for Martin, one good bear-hug on the little mug may have slowed him down a little. As it was, he had way too much influence when they really needed it.

Some players avoided tackling Martin....that last effort when he won the ball in a contested situation and just strolled way on his left foot was pathetic...

Reply #59
Two goals from silly 50m penalties plus two shocking misses from Casboult and there's the game right there.

Simon White is going to test my patience if that is what he is going to dish up all year.

After seeing Byrne tear the Tiggers a new one off half back today for the NBs he'd have to replace White.

Don't care that Everitt kicked goals... way too soft with a very limited repertoire...

Our ruckmen kicked 2 between them but nothing from Levi... oh for a tall forward who can mark and kick well.

We cannot possibly be happy with this loss... it's a game that was there for us too win and we should have. Just look at how many more inside 50s we had!!!!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17