Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs Brisbane Practice Match (Read 19019 times) previous topic - next topic

Carlton vs Brisbane Practice Match

At least this is in Melbourne, so I might see it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Carlton vs Brisbane Practice Match

Reply #1
B: K.Simpson 6 C.Marchbank 22 L.Jones 14
HB: S.Docherty - C 15 J.Weitering 23 N.Newman 24
C: W.Setterfield 43 P.Cripps 9 J.Newnes 32
HF: J.Silvagni 1 L.Casboult 41 M.Gibbons 40
F: E.Betts 19 M.McGovern 11 Z.Fisher 25
Foll: M.Kreuzer 8 S.Walsh 18 P.Dow 2
I/C: C.Polson 29 L.Plowman 20 T.Williamson 31 E.Curnow 35 T.De Koning 12 M.Murphy 3 J.Martin 21 M.Kennedy 7 M.Pittonet 27 S.Petrevski-Seton 5 D.Cuningham 28 S.Philp 34

In: C.Marchbank, P.Cripps, E.Betts, M.McGovern, L.Plowman, M.Murphy
Out: R.Sturgess (Omitted), C.Moore (Omitted), D.Lang (Omitted)

Unless there are lots of injuries, probably the last game Lang has played in the seniors...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?"

I'm more interested in the inclusions; Marchbank wasn't supposed to be match ready for months, McGovern likewise, and we've got Crippa, Murph, Eddie, Plow and Samo back  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?"

I'm more interested in the inclusions; Marchbank wasn't supposed to be match ready for months, McGovern likewise, and we've got Crippa, Murph, Eddie, Plow and Samo back  :)

Ah, yes, Sgt Oddball... a great quote!

So... David, how about this... wrapped to see Edwardo, Brackets, Crippa & co back in the lineup. Ditto, Marchbank and SPS. Bring on Sunday.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #5
15 years ago Eddie and Simmo played in the last game at Ikon Park.
They both play together this weekend in a game at Ikon Park.

Reply #6
how many interchange players are allowed?

Of the 12 on the bench, certs for Rd 1 are Ed C, Murph, SPS, Plow and Martin.

So guys like Jack, Gibbons, Newnes, Dow, Marchy and Cuners are fighting for a couple of spots.

Doc's a lock too (ditto Weiters and Jones) and Simmo for the moment. Plow has earnt a spot too.

6th spot - Newman, Newnes, SPS, Marchbank...tough call!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #7
Doesn’t look good for O’Brien. Will need to work hard to earn a place.  Also Gibbons recovered well from his ‘fractured ankle’!!

Reply #8
Where’s stocker as well? Got to be a better bet than polson, has he been injured preseason? Had high hopes for him

Reply #9
Agree 31TB.....other than a good mark last week, Polson showed nothing and is surely way back in the pecking order? On work rate alone, I'd have Silvagni in the starting 22 every week. He offers so much more than Lang or Kennedy. And time for Dow to step up a bit too.

Reply #10
God knows why Lang and Polson got contract extensions.

Still think Kennedy can be a  player but like a few others, he needs to start bringing/showing it!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #11
Doesn’t look good for O’Brien. Will need to work hard to earn a place.  Also Gibbons recovered well from his ‘fractured ankle’!!

I'd have Dow in the same category, both would be starting in the NB's this season IMO.
Gibbons will get games because he works hard..
Betts, Martin, Newnes as new ins plus Docherty/Williamson back have really made it hard for some of the other fringe players and Cuningham if he stays fit also comes into contention. Great for the list and selectors having more depth but for a few players it could be the beginning of the end.

Reply #12
I'd have Dow in the same category, both would be starting in the NB's this season IMO.
Betts, Martin, Newnes as new ins plus Docherty/Williamson back have really made it hard for some of the other fringe players and Cuningham if he stays fit also comes into contention. Great for the list and selectors having more depth but for a few players it could be the beginning of the end.

Yes, the situation a team must have to improve - real, constant competition for spots.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #13
I wasn't that impressed with Newnes so far, he looked to be going 100% or at least close to his limit in a game that seemed to have opposition going at half rat power.

But I'm not putting much stock in pre-season stuff, it's like dancing with your sister!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
God knows why Lang and Polson got contract extensions.

Still think Kennedy can be a  player but like a few others, he needs to start bringing/showing it!

Reckon Kennedy has a chance with some of our forwards injured/underdone and showed a bit last season when played forward.
I wouldnt be that keen to shove him out the door in comparison to Lang, Polson and a couple of others.