Skip to main content
Topic: R.I.P Lou Reed  (Read 5103 times) previous topic - next topic

R.I.P Lou Reed

One of the greatest ever musicians passes away and surprisingly there hasn't been a thread on this.  

Makes you wonder with the absolute garbage brought out these days with every Tom, Dick and Harry masquerading as a musician that it's only a matter of time until all the classics pass away.

Re: R.I.P Lou Reed

Reply #1
One of the greatest ever musicians passes away and surprisingly there hasn't been a thread on this.   

Could have sworn this was a footy forum!

RIP anyway.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
RIP. Some of his work was pretty good.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #4

Could have sworn this was a footy forum!

Why have a section titled "Blah Blah Bar" for such things then if discussion is strictly footy. 

Geez.  ::)

Nah not saying it doesn't belong. Just giving a reason as to why no one would have started it. Sheesh! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
Velvet underground were one of the great bands. I also rate the album "New York" as one of the classics.

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/0_8-Fm1vfw0[/flash]
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #6
Lou Reed's live album "Rock And Roll Animal" - simply a classic.

Some of the stuff with VU is legendary too.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #7
Lou Reed's live album "Rock And Roll Animal" - simply a classic.

Some of the stuff with VU is legendary too.

Yes, a real classic!

It's a sad loss but somewhat surprising that he lasted so long - must have had a similar constitution to Keith Richards.

RIP
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
Courageous pioneer. Legend. Great. RIP Lou.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
Seen him in concerts a number of times and never once played longer than 55 minutes. Never stopped me from going back. Take a Walk on The Wild Side, a timeless classic.

Reply #10
We can find a footy connection. The long highlights to the 99 prelim on YouTube have Perfect Day as the backing music :-D

RIP to a very influential musician.