Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 18 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong (Read 3841 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 18 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong

Saturday night game at the MCG, and we are on TV for a change.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 18 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #1
This will depend a lot on the weather.  Our form in the wet has not been all that great, and our height up front disappears as an advantage.

Strangely enough, I always feel like we are a chance against Geelong.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #2
Looking forward to an epic grind type match.

Reply #3
If the 5 mids (Walsh, Cerra, Hewett, Kennedy and Cripps) get nearly 140 possessions between them again, then Charlie and Harry can really test the Geelong defence.

Reply #4
This game will be the battle of the twin towers up forward.

Harry* (36) + Charlie (50)
vs
Hawkins (43) + Cameron (46)

* Harry missed all those games and going by averages, we've got them covered.

Reply #5
This game will be the battle of the twin towers up forward.

Harry* (36) + Charlie (50)
vs
Hawkins (43) + Cameron (46)

* Harry missed all those games and going by averages, we've got them covered.
Going to be a real chess game in terms of matchups........at both ends. Blicavs will probably get Charlie and SDK will probably get Harry, Cats have been running a bit different of late and have interchanged Rohan and Cameron with the latter roaming around up the ground and leaving Rohan as the second key forward. Takes a very agile taller defender to play on Cameron so maybe McGovern might get a call up to the senior team immediately as he probably has the tools to play on Cameron in that role.
I think TDK can beat Stanley and give us a head start in the midfield, another interesting feature will be Dangerfield and where he plays.....both teams have a quality midfield including quality stoppers in Hewitt and C. Guthrie and it looks an even matchup in the middle.
Hoping those old Cat legs dont last the distance and we can run them hard early and leave them eating our dust later in the game....

Reply #6
With Stewart out as their interceptor, they are more vulnerable than usual.

Charlie and Harry will no doubt get plenty of inside info on how they should play SDK.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #7
This will depend a lot on the weather.  Our form in the wet has not been all that great, and our height up front disappears as an advantage.

Strangely enough, I always feel like we are a chance against Geelong.

Same here, Big T.

Anyone who writes us off for this one does so at their peril.

The Pussycats have changed their game this year, more direct, more attacking. IF we bring 4 qtrs of our game and limit their moments, then we've got this one.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8
Strangely, Im more confident this week that last week (I thought we’d kose and I was wrong).

1 v 5. If we win this week? Ill stick my neck out and say… maybe not just yet, Ill ssve it
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
Strangely, Im more confident this week that last week (I thought we’d kose and I was wrong).

1 v 5. If we win this week? Ill stick my neck out and say… maybe not just yet, Ill ssve it
Dare to dream, this is the main event game for us for the season..
Cats will start favourites but I think we match up well and they are due for a loss.

Reply #10

Same here!

Weitering will be better for the run and he and Young should be more than enough for Hawkins and Cameron. 

Stewart’s absence will help us but I would have liked to see how Vossy’s team dealt with him.

Owies and Newnes must be doubtful with the five day break and Honey might struggle to keep his spot.  Do we have any fit players to come in?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
@DJC Voss said Gov and Pitto will be back this week at some level to be determined during the week
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #12
I want to see Selwood firmly sat on his arse.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13
I want to see Selwood firmly sat on his arse.
Love to see Stocker in to perform the deed, got away with plenty over his career has J.Selwood, we know of a young player at Brisbane who played his first game vs Geelong  a few years ago and came off the ground covered in bruises and they were not from normal play but from what I would call irregular play from a certain distinguished Cat Captain.

Reply #14
If Pittonet is ready, I'd have him straight back in....not so sure on McGovern given his history of hamstring and back injuries. Would hate to see him in and then do a hammy early on.