Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 1 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond (Read 2330 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 1 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond

A six day break before another night game during the week. I'll be late to the game: I can't afford not to work. But there will be more Blues at the MCG next week!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 1 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #1
And now we focus our attention on one of the arch enemies. I really hate losing to this mob, hope we can get up. If Doc likely misses, I guess Cincotta would come in. Cant afford to lose to George to suspension but it will be scrutinised. Silly unnecessary action.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Def one change, Cincotta for Doc.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
Def one change, Cincotta for Doc.
I reckon Elijah Hollands will be a chance, given Doc started in the midfield.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
I reckon Elijah Hollands will be a chance, given Doc started in the midfield.
Hollands is out for 2 weeks. Can't play until after the bye

Reply #5
Hollands is out for 2 weeks. Can't play until after the bye
My bad, I had him for Rnd 2 and of course game 3 will be Rnd 2, thanks AFL for utter stupidity of Rnd 0.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Can’t really see a defender replacing a midfielder/forward.

Carroll will go into the starting 22 and Binns will come into the 23.

Hewett copped a fine, as did Neale.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
I think Carroll comes in and Owies is out. Cincotta covers Doc

Reply #8
Motlop should be available if he gets through training
Carroll is starting 22 talent

Reply #9
I think Carroll comes in and Owies is out. Cincotta covers Doc

Cincotta is a defender.  Doc hasn’t played in defence for the best part of two seasons and I don’t think we’ll go with 8 defenders.

Carroll did more than enough to be elevated to the 22.  I think he’ll be replaced as the sub by Binns.  Cincotta would be a possibility but probably not against Richmond.

If Motlop’s toe is OK, he will come in for Owies or Fantasia.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
Sad to see both grand finalists go down… 😇
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #11
Sad to see both grand finalists go down… 😇
Pies in party mode still and Giants are tough at home, hard to backup and win two premierships in a row and McRae's luck and box of tricks has to run out soon...

Reply #12
Cincotta is a defender.  Doc hasn’t played in defence for the best part of two seasons and I don’t think we’ll go with 8 defenders.
Yeah, but Cincotta can cover a half-back and free Williams to play a wing. Then Acres or maybe even Hollands goes on-ball. Personally I'd give Acres a go. He was really important in that 3rd quarter on Friday. I'd like to see him set with the challenge.

Reply #13
Cincotta needs to bide his time and be on the ready. We know he will do a job when called upon - no chance will Voss take Williams from the backline. Not when his footpasses pierces zones

Reply #14
Id probably be less inclined to experiment with positions this week vs Richmond, they will have Martin, Lynch and Nankervis back and Id be leaving players who performed well vs Brisbane in their positions and not over fiddling with their form. This game wont be easy with the Tigers on the rebound and Yze looking for his first win, any team playing GC  at home with Hardwick in his first game as coach was always going to find it tough and I dont want to lose this one as being 1-1 will take the gloss off the win vs the Lions.
Agree with DJ and others with Doc that his days as a defender have been few and far between over the past couple of seasons and Id be looking to replace him with a midfielder which in the 22 should be Jack Carroll and Id expect Binns or similar to come in as sub.