Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 388118 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #1920
Forget personality politics - it's a mug's game. Those two have negligible impact on the policies of their respective parties.

On both policy and personality, it's a race to the bottom, and whilst it's a photo finish, Trump wins. Even the corporate elites prefer Biden.

Reply #1921
True, but I'd add that he also feeds them.

No doubt....
But the thing is the divisions exist.
For the most part they stay hidden, bubbling along under the surface.
That kind of suppression is always going to explode at some point.
Trump didn't cause the division but he was the catalyst for its exposure and development.

The Democrats and their supporters, (especially some of the more high-profile) aren't exactly blameless in this situation either.
The language they use, the personal attacks on Trump's appearance and his family, the disparaging of his supporters are in some cases just as hateful as Trump's ravings.

After three years of relentless attacks I suspect the Democrats have realised that if they do win this election that there is a "Piper to be paid."
There will be no instant healing,
The Republicans will respond in exactly the same way their opponents did.
Obstruction and criticism at every turn.
The worst is yet to come.

Reply #1922
@PaulP

But the danger is there, we live in an era dominated by the FaceCrook, InstaFraud and Twaddle. Kids, and by kids I mean people in existence below about the age of 30, use this media for information, and then they use it to cross check. It's self-referential, there is not editor, curator or accountability!

When Trump poses questions about the validity of voting, when he raises his arms and claims he can't be responsible for the behaviour of his supporters, it is really those under 30s who are "the they" in his frame of reference! Trump is almost universally derided in the age group below 21, they are really the first generation to be "woke" to the ways of mass social media, they are very very cynical of it. But he doesn't need them, they form such a small part of the vote count, he relies on the 30 to 50 bracket to get his votes.

But those under 21s, they will potentially be the ones on the front line if the Trump crap hits the fan, they will be the ones being bashed in riots on the streets, or blown up by rocket propelled grenades, exploded by home built devices or picked off by the disillusioned sniper in social unrest! It won't be the Trumps or Bidens of this world on the front line, maybe it should be!

Already China and other states have called Trump's bluff, they no longer treat him seriously, he made his bureaucratic/political/diplomatic threats and then blinked. But I'd assert the direction he is taking things in now is a little darker, pandering to the global ignorance of the majority of America he is burning the USA from the inside out, with the potential to suck in the rest of the world in the backdraft! Not because he thinks he can put the fire out, but because he thinks he will be safe from it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1923
You clearly boost Trump, how about criticising him for his reprehensible behaviour rather than defending it. You can do that and still argue he is a better option than his opponent, Trump fans do not have to brown-nose to be boosters!

Gotta have the last word, don't you.  You think it's Biden v Trump?  It isn't

L.E.T.  I.T.  G.O.

Reply #1924
As someone else said. take em both out the back, shoot em, put em in hole and back fill it fast
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1925
LP, I'm sure I could find out, but I don't know what % of the US population vote, and I don't know the demographic breakdown of that %. I maintain my previous position that Trump is not the disease, he is the symptom. He is what gets vomited up when people feel they've been sold out and left for dead. The system has been like a giant box of tinder for decades - whether Trump lights the match remains to be seen.

At any rate, I'm trying to talk about oceans, and everyone else seems focussed on puddles. Neither party will do anything about the NRA, or military spending, or environmental policy, or the religious right, or the widening gap between rich and poor..............I could go on. I would say most of us, but certainly the Yanks, are a population distracted from the impoverishment of their existence by a continuous cycle of production and consumption, whether in material terms (junk food, guns etc. ) or in social terms (Hollywood BS propaganda, education, pseudo cultural wars, biblical literalism etc.)

Reply #1926
The USA is ruled by an aristocracy of billionaires of various factions. Biden and Trump represent two of those factions, neither have the best interests of the american people at heart. They are both tasked with further enrichment of the super rich, albeit by different paths. The big worry about this election is that the losers may decide to burn the whole house down. Brace yourselves, big bombshells ahead.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #1927
Well, I suppose we all must accept being bullied into silence, no public criticism allowed even if it is only pointing out real facts and truth! ;)

Shhhhh, ........ careful he might hear you! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1928
Gotta have the last word, don't you.  You think it's Biden v Trump?  It isn't

L.E.T.  I.T.  G.O.
What is it then @capcom‍?

The following from earlier looks to be about Biden, but it's not about either?
I'm not about to change my opinion LP.  For all his obvious faults, he's a light year in front of the addle brained Biden.

It's not too hard to see how this sort of debate can degrade, is it?

The Force Awakens!

Reply #1929
No doubt....
But the thing is the divisions exist.
For the most part they stay hidden, bubbling along under the surface.
That kind of suppression is always going to explode at some point.
Trump didn't cause the division but he was the catalyst for its exposure and development.

The Democrats and their supporters, (especially some of the more high-profile) aren't exactly blameless in this situation either.
The language they use, the personal attacks on Trump's appearance and his family, the disparaging of his supporters are in some cases just as hateful as Trump's ravings.

After three years of relentless attacks I suspect the Democrats have realised that if they do win this election that there is a "Piper to be paid."
There will be no instant healing,
The Republicans will respond in exactly the same way their opponents did.
Obstruction and criticism at every turn.
The worst is yet to come.

Perhaps they really should divide the place in half... south and north USA, with different governments etc.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1930
Perhaps they really should divide the place in half... south and north USA, with different governments etc.

Not sure the old North /South lines are still appropriate.

It seems to be more an East/West alliance vs a mid America

Reply #1931
Not sure the old North /South lines are still appropriate.

It seems to be more an East/West alliance vs a mid America

Woops... forgot the emoji... but, you're right again, it is indeed a deeply divided nation and it is virtually impossible to see how the US can heal.

I think I mentioned a few years back on hear when we were discussing something very similar and the divisions in the US came up, that a dear 'celebrity' Yank friend who is on the talk circuit (though not this year) said to me that we all must remember that the US was settled by religious zealots - and that can only end badly.

Seems to me that nations that 'relegate' religion to a more minor influence are the ones that do better.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1932
Trump didn't create the divisions in America.
His Presidency has just exposed and highlighted them.

...and created a bigger void between them now then has ever existed previously.

Reply #1933
...and created a bigger void between them now then has ever existed previously.

I reckon those divisions are always there.
He hasn't expanded them so much as brought them to the fore.

We don't have it to the same extent here, but those divisions are also simmering along in our own society.
Take away the extremists at both ends of the spectrum....the nutters, and consider our mainstream.

Our left is very vocal, they'll demonstrate and express their views quite openly. They want to change the world.
Our conservatives are probably equal in number but conservatives don't march...and any demonstrations are usually small.
They tend not to engage in argument to the same extent...they don't feel the need because they're quite happy with existing structures. They're quite happy for the world to stay pretty much as it is.