Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 4: Carlton vs ??? (Read 5553 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 4: Carlton vs ???

Reply #60
our biggest problem over the last few years (regardless of talent) is bringing the heat week after week, especially after a good win.  it's all about mentality, and the best teams are mental.  there will come a turning point at some stage during our lifetimes, and I hope it's now...

winning breeds confidence, and confidence brings wins.  looking forward to this one.

Reply #61
Blues by 4 goals, we have to win to show the Cats games wasnt a fluke and the players need to lift for Kade Simpson
who is breaking Nicks record. Bombers are nothing special other than being quick and are more outside than we are and I expect Cripps to get 30 plus possies and be BOG, reckon the Eddie show with sidekick Jack Martin might be a highlight tonight.
Eddie worked back into some form last game and reckon he can get a bag of 5 plus assisted by JM who should be good for 2-3 goals also.

Reply #62
I'm feeling unusually optimistic about tonight's game as well. On top of everything else, the brouhaha with McKenna may also throw them off their game.

Reply #63
I don't share the optimism simply because I don't know which Carlton we will get.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #64
They'll be thinking that if they can restrict Cripps they'll go a long way towards winning. Expect he'll have a rough (maybe not always legal) night.

Reply #65
They'll be thinking that if they can restrict Cripps they'll go a long way towards winning. Expect he'll have a rough (maybe not always legal) night.
Until they shake the "one man team tag", thats what teams will think coming to play Carlton. I heard a whisper he may be a late out, dunno how accurate that is.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #67
I anticipate a win .... around 2 goals.  Low scoring as well

Reply #68
If we are serious we just have to back up with another win tonight, pretty or ugly I don't care!!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #69
We usually lose the ones we are expected to win and I dont remember milestone games being great viewing either but I'm just hoping the odds are on our side like they were with Geelong and we can break that trend.
I'll add a caveat that if Cripps doesnt play then all bets are off and we will probably stick to tradition and let Simmo down...lets hope thats a EFC inspired rumour only.

Reply #70
We did win in Simpson's 250th, against Port in 2016. R8 by 2 points. Onya Bolts.

Reply #72
Blues by 4 goals, we have to win to show the Cats games wasnt a fluke and the players need to lift for Kade Simpson
who is breaking Nicks record. Bombers are nothing special other than being quick and are more outside than we are and I expect Cripps to get 30 plus possies and be BOG, reckon the Eddie show with sidekick Jack Martin might be a highlight tonight.
Eddie worked back into some form last game and reckon he can get a bag of 5 plus assisted by JM who should be good for 2-3 goals also.

Sounds reasonable EB  :)

I wonder how much last week's missed game and the COVID-19 uncertainty will affect the Cheats  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #73
I also feel a glimmer of optimism, but will say no more 🤐

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #74
If we go goalless in the 1st qtr I will spew up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th